Seemingly so.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Exclusive Market Based Guild

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Liz.1497

Liz.1497

Hmm, do all the crybabies realize that “playing the market” slows inflation? In a game where gold is “magically” created out of nowhere prices will always naturally inflate unless the game provides enough gold sinks. The no 1 goldsink in GW2 is the 15% tp tax, so the more people trade, the more gold gets taken out of the system and prices overall will increase slower.

I’m really surprised at all the hate when you can achieve max stats with an amount of gold that even a casual player can farm in a week easily. Why are you people asking for handouts? Because casuals are supposed to be able to farm their way to a legendary in 2 weeks? I can understand people being upset about market manipulation irl, but a) this is a game, stop wasting your energy on hating other players, and b) you are actually really not put at any disadvantage in any way shape or form just because you can’t buy any of the ‘expensive’ items.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

You know, I have no problem with you attempting to create a guild based on any criteria you would like to use. The 250g thing is fine with me. But why the heck are you posting about it here? And why are the mods allowing it without infracting you?

There is a guild forum specifically for recruiting to guilds. Doing it here, under the guise of a discussion, is just a different sort of manipulation.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

This thread is why I love guild wars so much. There’s so many aspects to this game, it’s fantastic. I certainly don’t have 250 gold, but I think the creation of this guild is friggin awesome.

And to all the haters: don’t worry. It’s not a free market, as Anet stated itself. No MMO has a free market. Will you feel it in your pocket? Probably, yes. But if something really spins out of control (t6 mats is a recent example), Arenanet will come up with a way to make up for it, or Arenanet loses real profits (players leaving = bad business).

I’m not worried in the least by this development. Just remember: the bank always wins I can imagine that the members of this guild will have a blast though, it should be so much fun!

(If you want to see John Smith confirming that there GW2 does not have a free market, read below debate, it’s very interesting! https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Who-sets-Gem-prices/first#post443159)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

=| no thank you……..i see so many things that could go wrong (well 1 major one).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BUTTERBLUME.3217

BUTTERBLUME.3217

You are asked to buy something up, and the person responsible empties his pockets which are full of stuff you other members should buy.

Sad story

(edited by BUTTERBLUME.3217)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

its even less of a free market when a select few people in a guild decide to talk amongst one another to control said market

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lDeadeyesl.9156

lDeadeyesl.9156

@ ButterBlume

I will be very transparent with my assets, anyone who is taking advantage of other members or our plans in the guild will also be pretty exposed as the markets are visible to all.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BUTTERBLUME.3217

BUTTERBLUME.3217

That person might be exposed, but that does not mean he is not going to make a killing for that one time he does not play according to plan. If you share information, people can abuse those, the risk always exists.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Syntax.3704

Syntax.3704

If this is going to pick up any steam someone else is going to have to take up the reigns.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

I still haven’t received my invite. I have the moneyz btw.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Novalight.7568

Novalight.7568

So many players hate free trade…a sad reflection of society today.

Buying and reselling doesn’t really fit the free trade coz everyone has access to that same exact trading post. It’s called speculation.
I’d say it would be similar if there were 10 ppl standing in a store (like only store in a 500km radius), watching what ppl buy, then go and buy all the milk/medicine/whatever and sell it in front of the store for double the money and say they’re doing the world a favour by distributing milk to the needy (I call them by some other name, not free traders).
IF those ppl went and made their own milk and sell it in front of that store…that’s a different story.

“GW2 takes everything you love about GW1” – M. O’Brien
“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“The most important thing in any game should be the player” – R. Soesbee

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Max.4786

Max.4786

What makes you think that such guild doesn’t already exist?

Anyway, I would like to join.

TP earning since launch about 1000. Currently have 350 liquid.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lDeadeyesl.9156

lDeadeyesl.9156

Got a perma-ban for Snowflakes, pretty lame in all honesty as I made about 30g off playing around with it.

Anyways all my assets are now frozen in my account I can’t log into, I made everyone a leader yesterday so maybe someone else will take the helm.

If they overturn the ban I will be back, otherwise I’m looking for a new game.

Once they patch the game I will be force logged out of the forums and won’t be able to reply.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

Well that turned out well..