Flame Dye Kit wrong colours?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pooaw.6485

Pooaw.6485

I picked up a two Flame Dye kits from the Gem Store, hoping to get some new red coloured dyes. But when I used them, I got a Walnut coloured dye. I’m not 100% sure on what colours are available, but after looking at the wiki page thus far, the colour that I received wasn’t on the list of drops. If this is intentional, I feel that brown is hardly a “Flame-themed” colour.
I was just wondering if this was an intentional drop from the kits and, if so, why brown is a “flame-themed” colour.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Oops nevermind, turned out they select from a pool of 25 colors.

(edited by dulfy.1493)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Was curious about this myself.

Figured I’d buy one to see some of these new dye colors, so I grabbed a Flame Dye Kit.

Got a Frosting Dye from it. Has absolutely nothing to do with Flames.

I’m rather tired of all this lottery they are pulling. “Hey guys! Let’s introduce new dyes! But stick them in a lottery box and then throw in a bunch of old dyes that are not even related to the dye box so they have to gamble for a chance to get the new ones!”. Really? How is this a great idea?

I wouldn’t mind if it was only the six new dyes, and we get a random one of those. At least we would be getting a new dye. Because, you know, that’s the whole point in buying them. But to toss in a bunch of random old dyes and make us spin the wheel at a chance of six new dyes of twenty five dyes (19 of them being old dyes), is just ridiculous.

Why can’t you just sell us stuff straight up? What is the deal with all this lottery nonsense? Why do you keep doing it when people keep complaining about it? I just don’t get it. It makes absolutely no sense. This is one of the main reasons I am on the verge of quitting this game.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Why can’t you just sell us stuff straight up? What is the deal with all this lottery nonsense? Why do you keep doing it when people keep complaining about it? I just don’t get it. It makes absolutely no sense. This is one of the main reasons I am on the verge of quitting this game.

Anet would make less money this way. This way they can either get people to spend their hard earned money on gems or remove gold from the economy by having them spend gold on gems. Either way for Anet it’s a winning situation and I’m sure they enjoy it that way.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

How is having everything be a gamble a win win situation?

So it’s all good that they are losing players cause of all the constant gambling they throw into everything? Because making that buck is more important than actually having players. Eventually, it all comes around to bite back. Sure you may think it is good for them to keep adding these money wasters to gem store to sucker all the players into buying them, but in the end, they are going to lose players because of these tactics and then no one will be around to buy anything.

Sorry but that doesn’t seem like a winning situation. It’s a way to make players lose faith in a company and leave for pulling such underhanded tactics.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

How is having everything be a gamble a win win situation?

So it’s all good that they are losing players cause of all the constant gambling they throw into everything? Because making that buck is more important than actually having players. Eventually, it all comes around to bite back. Sure you may think it is good for them to keep adding these money wasters to gem store to sucker all the players into buying them, but in the end, they are going to lose players because of these tactics and then no one will be around to buy anything.

Sorry but that doesn’t seem like a winning situation. It’s a way to make players lose faith in a company and leave for pulling such underhanded tactics.

It’s the player’s fault if they think about that, not Arenanet’s. You aren’t forced to get these skins. There are perfectly viable alternatives for these colors. Sure, they may not be the right shade or hue but too bad.

Corporations need to make money and because of GW2’s model they need a way to get it more so than others. Sorry to break it to you but that’s how publicly traded companies (NCSoft) work. Any company that says “We put the customer first” is lying.

They make way more money with this gambling than selling it outright.

And besides, if you don’t want to spend real $, go convert your gold to gems. At least they give you an option.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/