Flamekissed Armor - (Purchased)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gabriel.4806

Gabriel.4806

Hello Gaile,
I have recently purchased the Flamekissed armour, and I was wondering if it would be an option to allow those who have purchased the new skin to “choose” whether or not they would like their current Flamekissed skin to take on the current or “new” art. This would allow not only the people who spent the money to be satisfied with what they purchased, it would also result in less refunds. People who spent the money would be happy, and those who don’t like the armour could simply purchase the “new” art. Otherwise, unless the “new” art is amazing, customer service will have a lot of work on their hands.

Please let me know what you think about this idea, because I love the armour, and I don’t want it to be changed while equipped on my character. I would love to have the choice between the “old” and “new”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KronosBaelfire.6289

KronosBaelfire.6289

I agree, give us the choice to keep the armor as it is, change to the new skin, or just refund the gems please. I love the skin the way it is now.

https://twitter.com/KronosBaelfire
http://gw2style.com/profile.php?id=9298
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu, The Art of War

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Elliyana.8936

Elliyana.8936

I wonder what would happen to people who want a refund. Will they be able to get splitters to remove the skins applied to their armor pieces as well as the gems?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

What’s the point of changing it for everyone if some people can keep it.

Glorious Human Master Race

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thoughtless.7148

Thoughtless.7148

they will not let anyone keep the skin as is, as for the refund it will probably be handled the same as the snowflake? (i think thats what is was) incident that they gave people a time frame to delete their items. they will probably send our trans splitters, give a week or so for people to use em and delete the skins, if not they will delete/put a generic 80 white armor look for the skinned items themselves regardless of what they are attached too

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: neytiri.9105

neytiri.9105

they will not let anyone keep the skin as is, as for the refund it will probably be handled the same as the snowflake? (i think thats what is was) incident that they gave people a time frame to delete their items. they will probably send our trans splitters, give a week or so for people to use em and delete the skins, if not they will delete/put a generic 80 white armor look for the skinned items themselves regardless of what they are attached too

No, actually they say that the skin will update to a new look so it will be something with flames, which will be on the store. And if you don’t like the new look, they promise a “full refund”. I don’t know wherether they refund the transmutation crystals, but they say all the cases will be treated individually.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Simply sending a splitter in the mail isn’t going to work for everyone since a splitter is only going to get the Flamekissed skin and the original armor back. It won’t be able to get any previously applied skins. Gaile has stated that support will take care of everyone’s individual needs.

One person who has claimed to receive a refund already said that they received their gems back as well as a full set of T3 armor as replacement for their old skin.

I have recently purchased the Flamekissed armour, and I was wondering if it would be an option to allow those who have purchased the new skin to “choose” whether or not they would like their current Flamekissed skin to take on the current or “new” art.

The thing is, we can’t make it an either/or situation, and the devs feel that the best course is to change the armor. It would be nice to say “Change if you want” but that’s not feasible. So the Flamekissed Armor Skin will be reworked. And when it is, you guys are welcome to share your thoughts and to let Customer Support know what they can do for you. (No, “a new car and a couple of free pizzas” isn’t going to be on the table. )

I understand this is sort of a hot topic right now, but again, there’s nothing to lose by waiting for a look-see at the new armor set, and there may be something to gain! It’s certainly what I would do and I encourage you to think of doing the same.

(edited by Healix.5819)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

the answer is the usual short sighted…

There is nothing to lose with waiting without an eta?

No there is lot to lose…..Your integrity towards players first of all….as i said lets see what people think of GW2 when they know they can get away your stuff because people complains

And that you feel their complaints are more valid than your who did nothing wrong

And that in the end only flamkissed buyers are damaged by the incident….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Its funny how these forums has made something they hated greatly one of the most wanted armor skin in the game now. Da forum community shouting them self in the foot over and over they will run out of tows soon.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

Its funny how these forums has made something they hated greatly one of the most wanted armor skin in the game now. Da forum community shouting them self in the foot over and over they will run out of tows soon.

haha too true, unfortunately the people who liked it were far overshadowed by all the nerdrage over it being too similar to t3, its a shame =/

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dale Rojo.7485

Dale Rojo.7485

haha too true, unfortunately the people who liked it were far overshadowed by all the nerdrage over it being too similar to t3, its a shame =/

I certainly think the bigger problem was that the skins were already in the game, they were just re-textured and sent out for the price of 800 gems. That’s just lazy. As for cultural armour, people were reasonably upset despite the two being different. The new armour did indeed look better than the cultural T3 and were far more convenient and cheaper to get. In the end though, they are alienating people who were putting time and effort into a skin all their own before these rolled out. People who were working on their cultural skins almost al simultaneously stopped playing while awaiting ArenaNet’s response.

I decided to vote with my opinion and dollar in the end, decided to skip the armour and not purchase gems.

Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees, Redwings, and Blackgate :D
God Bless America’s Team, BG
Season 1 WvW World Champions, BeastGate

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bOgz.7263

bOgz.7263

If you don’t know what depreciation is, check google.

If you believe human cultural armor should be exclusive to human race, no problem, its just a game. Chuck Norris used Chinese cultural armor, so what?

Flamekissed is not a cultural armor, its a $10 good looking skin that was the gemstore.