Fused Tickets still dropping?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: carlvinmadarang.4130

carlvinmadarang.4130

Are they? I want to know before I spend money on 10 keys.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

yes i can confirm i just got one at least two days ago. : ))
maybe someone else even more recent can help confirm.

good luck! what weapon are you wanting to get?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Black Lion Trading Co

carlvinmadarang.4130

Fused 2 handed sword! Already opened like 80 chests and nothing :’(

in Black Lion Trading Co

carlvinmadarang.4130

Opened 10, no fused tickets. :/

Is there a way to combine stacks of BLack Lion picks, harvesters and axes? I have so many O_O

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Keys are not worth the cost, the reward is just too infrequent.

If you have time I really suggest farming keys from the storyline. You can get 1 per 30/45 minutes.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Spent over 250$ on keys since fused weapons have been in the game. Not one ticket.

2 endless mystery tonics. Not one ticket.

Fused tickets are a myth. At least in my case they are.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

Spent over 250$ on keys since fused weapons have been in the game. Not one ticket.

2 endless mystery tonics. Not one ticket.

Fused tickets are a myth. At least in my case they are.

And that’s why RNG gambling is both a problem and a joke. You apparently really want a fused weapon ticket, have spent $250, and gotten nothing.

I on, the other hand, had no desire whatsoever for a fused weapon ticket because I think the fused weapons are all ugly (I think CoF are all ugly too, and these are just CoF with some chains and more glow). And yet, having opened a grand total of ONE chest since fused weapons were introduced (using a key I got from my alt’s level 10 personal story quest), I got one. Could I trade it to someone who actually wanted it, making both parties happy? No. So I bought a rather ugly staff for my elementalist alt, which I will probably never use.

Black Lion Chest skin gambling is a terrible idea, and I wish anet would stop it already. But I guess they’re making too much money off of suckers, so they probably won’t.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dbgamer.3407

dbgamer.3407

Completely agree with ZBeeblebrox.

This is a video game, but they should be treating it with better corporate responsibility. This isn’t a lottery – and ANET should have checks and balances in place to ensure that people like the poor bugger above don’t spend $250 on something they don’t even get. This can get seriously carried away. If it was more like the SWTOR cartel packs, where you can at least go and trade the random item you get to someone for what you actually wanted, that would be one thing, but to allow someone to spend $250 and get NOTHING back in return is completely irresponsible.

Arkenell of Fort Aspenwood

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It’s horrible RNG.

A friend, who wasn’t even trying, got one key from an area completion and got a ticket. I have done multiple key runs, got ~40 keys so far (stopped counting around 35) and nope, no ticket. And one time I calculated that if I had paid actual cash for keys, it would have cost me about $50. if i had used gold it would have cost me all the ingame money that I have.

I have no problem paying money for what I want. When it’s paying money for a chance to get what I want, then that’s a problem (especially a low chance).

in Black Lion Trading Co

carlvinmadarang.4130

I won’t lie they got me addicted. My general thought was, since I spent this much money, I might as well keep going until I get something right? But then, being the nursing student I am, I stopped and realized, this is an addiction. Is it fun? No. Am I getting anxiety until I reach my “high” of getting a fused ticket? Yes. Am I utilizing an unhealthy ego defense mechanism from this whole ordeal? Rationalization. Projection (that we won’t get into ). Yup.

I decided to just quit playing this game, too much time and money wasted for nothing in return. Guess I’ll come back when they add real content.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

I won’t lie they got me addicted. My general thought was, since I spent this much money, I might as well keep going until I get something right? But then, being the nursing student I am, I stopped and realized, this is an addiction. Is it fun? No. Am I getting anxiety until I reach my “high” of getting a fused ticket? Yes. Am I utilizing an unhealthy ego defense mechanism from this whole ordeal? Rationalization. Projection (that we won’t get into ). Yup.

I decided to just quit playing this game, too much time and money wasted for nothing in return. Guess I’ll come back when they add real content.

That’s a good decision, and I mean that 100%.

Don’t get me wrong: I’m personally a huge fan of the way Black Lion Chests are structured.

However, if you are experiencing anxiety and personal discomfort from the desire for a specific item, I think the healthiest thing to do is to step away from the game. It’s good that you did. The game will always be waiting if you ever choose to come back.

These chests are not structured to be guaranteed sources of anything in the game. Exclusive content is created to give them appeal, to provide a wonderful surprise to a lucky few that open the boxes, which simultaneously generates revenue for the company. The vast, vast, vast majority of the skins in this game are available through some guaranteed (or quasi-guaranteed, i.e. the TP) source.

When obsessive personalities and compulsive behavior clash, however, there can be some very unpleasant results. I only pop into the forums now and then, but blaming the BL chests for something they are not trying to be seems pretty widespread. It is also not properly identifying the problem, but of course, this is only my opinion. All I can say is that your personal health and happiness are far more important than several pixels in a game. Good luck in school.

(edited by LFk.1408)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

Are they? I want to know before I spend money on 10 keys.

Don’t give them money on a idiotic mechanic. Or they will keep doing this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

And that’s why RNG gambling is both a problem and a joke. You apparently really want a fused weapon ticket, have spent $250, and gotten nothing.

I on, the other hand, had no desire whatsoever for a fused weapon ticket because I think the fused weapons are all ugly (I think CoF are all ugly too, and these are just CoF with some chains and more glow). And yet, having opened a grand total of ONE chest since fused weapons were introduced (using a key I got from my alt’s level 10 personal story quest), I got one. Could I trade it to someone who actually wanted it, making both parties happy? No. So I bought a rather ugly staff for my elementalist alt, which I will probably never use.

Black Lion Chest skin gambling is a terrible idea, and I wish anet would stop it already. But I guess they’re making too much money off of suckers, so they probably won’t.

Had the same thing happen to me, except I got a ticket on my second chest. I was actually hoping for a makeover kit or one of the Charr backpacks. :P

My ticket’s been sitting idle for weeks while I’ve tried to decide which of the skins I should get when I really don’t find any of them that great. Finally settled on the short bow only because it’s one of the few models that doesn’t look like it’s just a smooshed long bow.

Personally, I could have really used the gold from selling the ticket. Sad thing is I know if they ever stick something account bound in BLCs that I really want I’ll never get it no matter how many keys I use. That’s how it usually goes for me. :P