Future of gauntlet tickets?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I bought too many of them, thinking I’d need more for Liadri. Moreover, they took a “rare loot” spot in the loot tables. Therefore, I assume we will we be able to vendor them after this event?

Some advance knowledge would really be appreciated. I’m asking this to prevent another incident like we did with the voting tickets.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

I am doing the gauntlet once a day (except Liadri) for some quick money and yet between destroyer farm and WvW I have a stack of the tickets and a second one growing. I never did the deadeye farm mind, so these are not bought.

I too am wondering if there will be some use for these in the future.

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

Just cycle through all the easy matches once a day. Don’t use gambits since they give no meaningful reward now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

would be nice to know if we could vendor these BEFORE the event ends when most of us would prolly have deleted them much like what happened with the supporter tokens from the previous event. i guess wait and see if you cant vendor them after the patch then assume they are worthless.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

They said gauntlet will be back. My guess is we can use them for that and they will not have a vendor price.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I just destroy mine cause I have no interest in doing a gauntlet since I killed Liadri and they drop so kittening often and take up the bag/bank space for nothing.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I have over 100 left. I started to try 8 orbs today. My best attempt in an 1 hour I spent on it was 7 orbs 20%. I had other rl things to do today or I would have spent more time on it. Since we know the gauntlet is coming back my guess is the save them?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Whenever there’s a daily involving the Gauntlet champion, I take my MM necro into there and do Halmi, Doobroosh and Tyre in ~5 mins for a nice 52 silver. Since the Gauntlet is going to be returning content, I’m keeping my tickets in the bank for when it does.

Besides, I still need to get the 8 orbs Liadri achievement sometime.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Moreover, they took a “rare loot” spot in the loot tables.

This is apparently a common misconception. Just like kite fortunes and support tokens, these items are added in a separate loot table. They do not affect your chance at rare quality equipment drops, otherwise you wouldn’t be getting nearly as many as you have been.

On topic: As others have said, since this is will be recurring content in the future the tickets will likely remain as they are, without merch value.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This is apparently a common misconception. Just like kite fortunes and support tokens, these items are added in a separate loot table. They do not affect your chance at rare quality equipment drops, otherwise you wouldn’t be getting nearly as many as you have been.

On topic: As others have said, since this is will be recurring content in the future the tickets will likely remain as they are, without merch value.

Do you have a source for that? The devs specifically said a couple months ago that the contents of loot boxes, bags, etc is not determined until you open the box/bag/etc. What you are saying is in direct contradiction with the devs previous response.

Of course it is equally as likely that the devs just don’t know how it works.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Biohazard.4196

Biohazard.4196

Do you have a source for that? The devs specifically said a couple months ago that the contents of loot boxes, bags, etc is not determined until you open the box/bag/etc. What you are saying is in direct contradiction with the devs previous response.

Of course it is equally as likely that the devs just don’t know how it works.

That doesn’t preclude the possibility of tickets coming from a different loot table. Both could be drawn from at the same time without interfering with one another.