Gem store card approval failed ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ashe.9074

Ashe.9074

Whenever I try to buy gems it gives me an error right at the end saying Card approval failed, anyone else experiencing this issue ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

Yes, for whatever reason your Credit Card is flagged as being used in illegal activity and there is nothing A-Net will do about it. You cannot buy gems.

No clue how you get on that list because I bought my 2 Games just fine with the same card.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ashe.9074

Ashe.9074

But I just bought riot points (league of legends “gems” ) 10 minutes ago with the same card

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sera.9750

Sera.9750

Actually what it is ( happened to me personally ) is there is a limit to the amount you can spend in a month. I forgot the exact amount…like 200-300 ish? The reason is its a built in protective feature if say someone younger took their moms bank card or your card got stolen,etc.
Now if your information is being put in correctly and all that…then the above is probably the case. You can go around it however by simply re-entering your card information every time you wish to make a purchase ( regardless of the amount ), until the monthly limit goes by.
So yeah….long as your entering the card info correctly,etc….then thats your issue.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

I have the same issue, my bank will not allow me to purchase gems with a credit card from this company, I’ve talked to them, they just wont approve it. However, if you use a debit card, you will be ok. I guess they figure you can put your own money at risk buying from this company whereas they cover any credit card issues themselves. FYI I use the largest banking institute in USA.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: OreoWolf.9564

OreoWolf.9564

I’m getting this exact same issue, and it’s not just for 1 card. I’ve tried 2 different Prepaids, and a credit card. All the information was put in correctly, as I tried each card at least 4-5 times each. I bought 25$ worth in gems with the credit card 3 days ago and it worked fine, so please don’t tell me I capped the maximum amount of gems I can buy just off 25$?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

There is obviously no cap on the amount of gems you can buy, they just need to change what ever service they use for online transactions. I can’t imagine a company would not address an issue that is actively preventing their customers from giving them money. I know they suggest going out any buying gems cards, calling your bank, etc. however to good business models should make the barrier to receive money from consumers wanting to spend it as small as possible. I imagine the managers would not approve of a response of ‘go out to a store and buy a gem card’ to the inability for some cards to be processed in the gems store, anything no matter how small, and having to go to a store is not small, that makes it harder to spend money is in fact costing the company lost revenue.

In summary, please change what ever service is handling your online sales and transactions.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: OreoWolf.9564

OreoWolf.9564

It definitely has to do with the service Anet uses to transact these payments, as the prepaids were Visa while the credit card was Master Card. As Ashe said, the cards will work perfectly while buying anything else online. Hope Anet fixes this soon.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Plague The Blighted.4812

Plague The Blighted.4812

I got my brother 40$ in gems for Christmas and when I tried to get gems for me, it said approval failed. Called the credit card company and they said the card was working, Seems to be on the trading company’s side.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: itrekst.3720

itrekst.3720

got the same problem, so ennoying….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Count Jackula.9028

Count Jackula.9028

I have had this issue previously when I have spent ?$300? or more using a SAVED payment method. It is a bit of a safeguard from Anet to help players/parents control spending. You can work around this by not saving your payment method.

If you want to make another purchase, delete your saved CC info and manually re-enter it (without saving it) when you want to make a purchase. It is a bit of a hassle but I can understand what Anet is trying to do. It isn’t completely effectual, but it isn’t in their best interest to limit purchases either. Realistically, it is a small check system that reminds players they have capped a “reasonable” purchase limit. They’re trying to be helpful without actually limiting you or themselves.

Use the workaround and you can spend more.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mapache.4852

Mapache.4852

One of my credit cards just declines when I try to buy gems, while the other works but the automated fraud prevention system calls me a short while later to verify the transaction. There’s just a lot of fraud in general in online game transactions, and the credit card companies are being very wary. However, I don’t get this problem if I run the transaction through Paypal, even using the same credit card, I think because then the bank sees Paypal as the payee, not NCsoft, and is happy with that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Deathrattle.4731

Deathrattle.4731

Have had similar issues with Trion Worlds and Mythic EA not accepting my cards. Its not a problem with my bank. However, they claim I’m the only person who has had this problem.

I have no problems purchasing things anywhere else so far, even purchasing things halfway around the world in different currencies.