Gem store is still broken/credit card declined/paypal declined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ixz.2580

ixz.2580

Q:

Todays maintance did not fix this issue. we are thousands that want to buy gems and trade for gold or items. This is not working for thousands of us. Please fix this issue asasp.
I bought gems earlier this week. then.. the day after i was declined. (maybe i am registered as a high risk in arenanet system) as i have read some people talk about this issue.

I have as many tried my own and my wife visa card maybe 50 times. called my bank and checked all kinds of issues.
please!
if any of you support guys read this contact me, as i want to give you money, but can’t…
paypal is not working either

(edited by ixz.2580)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: John Smith.4610

John Smith.4610

Next

If you’re still having issues you should contact customer support and they’ll help you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: blackfoot.5027

blackfoot.5027

Yea i am having the same problem and contacted support about “the card not approved” message and still waiting for help.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Boogna.5019

Boogna.5019

i find it quite odd that they would be dragging there feet when it comes to taking your money. just make sure it doest pull a Trading post on u and clear out ur bank account tommorrow.

in Black Lion Trading Co

blackfoot.5027

yea im guessing the problem is when you purchase alot of gems you get flagged by the high risk system, cause now my friend is having the same problem getting the message “card not approved” and the no response from the customer support is not really helping. I guess we just have to wait this one out and hope for a quick fix.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Idunaz.5317

Idunaz.5317

Having this same problem. I submitted a ticket through this we back on August 31st and have yet to get a reply. Why isn’t there a CS phone number to call?

in Black Lion Trading Co

ixz.2580

Blackfoot, you are most likely correct. because the first time i bought gems it worked fine. i bought as many as i could(4000 i think) 2 times. then the next day i was declined.

in Black Lion Trading Co

ixz.2580

John smith! i still have the issue, and i have a ticket that has not been looked at yet. 120912-002664.

please reply if you read this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hax.5817

Hax.5817

Yeah, got the same problem … I’m throwing money at my screen and nothing happens

in Black Lion Trading Co

blackfoot.5027

Blackfoot, you are most likely correct. because the first time i bought gems it worked fine. i bought as many as i could(4000 i think) 2 times. then the next day i was declined.

im guessing there high risk system wasnt ready for the high amount of people buying gems/ digital game plus the gold sellers/hackers going on.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bah.4025

bah.4025

I had the same issue and did file a ticket with customer service. It took 7 days for them to resolve it, and their solution was only a temporarily solution (e.g. they allowed me to purchase with my credit card for only a 48 hour window and then restrictions went right back up).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TooNu.4530

TooNu.4530

My credit card has never been accepted by the ingame store in Guild Wars 2 and so i’ve filed a support ticket because the situation is quite ridiculous.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Blacksmurf.5472

Blacksmurf.5472

I have the same problem and my first ticket is about 4 days old now with just a static message as a response 3 days ago ( we have recived your ticket ………..someone will look in to it asap). I agrea that it’s strange that they don’t solve this fast as it is one of the ways they make money.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

Still broken after sending in a ticket. The ticket was supposedly resolved in word, but nothing has really changed. Still error when I try to purchase anything.

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Duv.1603

Duv.1603

This is absurd. The card worked fine for a few transactions and then the card approval errors started and have been ongoing for over a week. Even if I use another card, it gives the same error. The cards aren’t declined (as my bank doesn’t even see the attempted transaction and work with every other merchant) it just fails to complete. I’ve never had a company make it so extremely difficult to try to give them more money.

in Black Lion Trading Co

blackfoot.5027

This is absurd. The card worked fine for a few transactions and then the card approval errors started and have been ongoing for over a week. Even if I use another card, it gives the same error. The cards aren’t declined (as my bank doesn’t even see the attempted transaction and work with every other merchant) it just fails to complete. I’ve never had a company make it so extremely difficult to try to give them more money.

Yea same problem with me, with 4 to5 days with no customer supports emails except
For the one saying I had duplicate tickets and to update my original ticket which I did but still no response from them. This is really lame cause first week I bought gem s and worked find next and started to say card not approved then I just got locked completely. Just kinda sucks that people are get there cards blocked trying to give them money. The ironic part is the little help customer support is giving out or there not being a status on this problem.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aethersong.5189

Aethersong.5189

I have this issue as well. I talked with support and theysaid they would redirect me to another department but I havent heard anything yet. Been like a week.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Idunaz.5317

I’m still waitining on my second ticket for this issue, as the first one was closed without any response or resolution. Absolutely some of the worst customer service I’ve experienced. At this point I honestly don’t expect them to do anything about it, they seem pretty inept when it comes to this problem, one that you would think would be a priority considering they have customers that WANT to give them money yet don’t so much as lift a finger to resolve the issue.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Idunaz.5317

5 days now, still no response from Arenanets customer “service”. I have yet to see any actual service.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Janhyua.8130

Janhyua.8130

18 Sept 2012 – “throws money” ._. give me gem, GW2 replys “sorry we don`t want your bloodly money” :O? whattttttttttttttttttt

in Black Lion Trading Co

Idunaz.5317

I finally get a reply, and they ask for some info on my card, such as country it was issued in and my address. After giving them this information, the reply I get is that they don’t allow use of credit cards issued in a foreign country other than where I reside. Is this a joke? Card issued in United States. I live in the United states. How can they possibly come up with that for a reply??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wolfus.4531

Wolfus.4531

If i get home tonight and my 1600 gems arent registering im going to flip out. If the gem store isnt working wth would you still sell gems that arent getting sent to accounts. Also waiting 24hrs for a purchase you made is a bit insane.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

If i get home tonight and my 1600 gems arent registering im going to flip out. If the gem store isnt working wth would you still sell gems that arent getting sent to accounts. Also waiting 24hrs for a purchase you made is a bit insane.

I presume you want the 1600 gems, same as me, to buy character slots. Well, when you click upgrades now, there are no upgrades. Upgrade tab is empty and character slots can’t be bought because they aren’t there, I’ve already sent a bug report to arena about this.

Are you Shpongled?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zed.9508

Zed.9508

I’m having the same problem. I bought gems a few times (4,000 once and 2800 1-2 times). I bought 800 a few days back from my new debit card and now its not accepting either of my cards (the one I got the 4000/2800 gems from and the one I got 800 gems from).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Red Asgard.1962

Red Asgard.1962

I can’t get paypal to load up a transaction, I go throught the process, click on proceed, it doesn’t open my default browser nor any browser, even when i alt+Tab and manually open it. I got to paypal nothing happens. It’s as if it doesn’t want to even load.

?? ???????????? ?????????

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Grimrah.9256

Grimrah.9256

OK same thing is starting to happen to me I used my CC debit card fine for the whole of 2-3 weeks now all the sudden no matter what card I use it has error but, bank says they are not declining or even receiving attempted transactions. The only explanation is someone is going through and picking accounts to block from making more Gem purchases. Do you not want our MONEY any longer? I love the game so much but, the constant issues with trying to enjoy the game is getting really old. Is there going to be a point in which the BLTC will work consistently as intended or should we expect this for a few months to come? The message says “contact customer support” but, the turn around is not acceptable. Unless there is a reason for a customers account to be blocked like this it is very incompetent on the part of Arenanet or NCSoft.com who is actually doing these transactions.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Getsuro.8926

Getsuro.8926

so i been tryin to purchase gems and i get declined yet i got money in my account so i see others having this issue i just wonder when they will fix it guess they dont like money =/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sharpe.1485

Sharpe.1485

I have to say, I understand this whole safety feature of not allowing more purchases after a certain ammount, but only if customer support wouldn’t take so long to again “re-authorize” the user to make a purchase.

As it is now, there are alot of people wanting to put money into this game, but unable to due to the time it takes the support to solve each individual request.

It is becoming somewhat annoying.

3 days now – and waiting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: megrim.3189

megrim.3189

I have to say, I understand this whole safety feature of not allowing more purchases after a certain ammount, but only if customer support wouldn’t take so long to again “re-authorize” the user to make a purchase.

As it is now, there are alot of people wanting to put money into this game, but unable to due to the time it takes the support to solve each individual request.

I like to purchase gems every few days, once or twice a week. So now I have to send in 1-2 support tickets per week to have my purchase restriction lifted for 24 hours.

What an absolutely, astoundingly stupid state of affairs. Turn around on support tickets is already glacial without adding to it with this. Something really needs to be done, once you’re on the ‘risk’ list, apparently they are completely unable to remove you from it. EVER. So we’ll all be sending in tickets every time we want to buy gems. Then waiting a few days to a week for a response.

This is bushleague business right here. I want to give GW2 money, I like the game, I’m happy to support. Why in the holy heck are they making so difficult for me to do so?.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yvilthi.5413

Yvilthi.5413

I like to purchase gems every few days, once or twice a week. So now I have to send in 1-2 support tickets per week to have my purchase restriction lifted for 24 hours.

What an absolutely, astoundingly stupid state of affairs. Turn around on support tickets is already glacial without adding to it with this. Something really needs to be done, once you’re on the ‘risk’ list, apparently they are completely unable to remove you from it. EVER. So we’ll all be sending in tickets every time we want to buy gems. Then waiting a few days to a week for a response.

This is bushleague business right here. I want to give GW2 money, I like the game, I’m happy to support. Why in the holy heck are they making so difficult for me to do so?.

Same kitten different user …
Not ever did i see a company that doesn´t want money from us.

Yvilthi lvl 80 human Ranger
Yv Ilthi lvl 80 human Mesmer

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tierya.2904

Tierya.2904

Got a response this morning after waiting 3 days.

Here it is:

Thank you for contacting NCsoft Account Support.

After reviewing your account, we see that your first few purchase attempts were declined by your financial institution. When this happens, we are not given a reason of the decline. Because of those refusals, all subsequent purchase attempts resulted in an immediate error due to our fraud prevention rules. We cleared that “too many failed attempts” lockout issue for you. You will need to contact your financial institution to resolve the issue with the initial declines. Once you have resolved the issue with your financial institution, try to make your purchase again.

The problem is… my bank says there has been zero declines… I am going to try and purchase more gems now… we shall see.

Commander Saiyrah – PiNK – Tarnished Coast

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Narcz.9813

Narcz.9813

Well… I’m so glad this post is here because after a few days of literally throwing money at Anet I now understand why it bounced straight back at me. I also purchased an initial amount of just 800 gems then upon trying again for 1600 was informed I wasn’t getting any. The frustration is immense. Anet PLEASE take my money. It want’s to be with you not me….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fluffycalico.2715

Fluffycalico.2715

I bet there is a limit on how many you can buy in a certain time frame in case your account gets hacked with your card still saved in there

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Narcz.9813

Narcz.9813

Simple solution, don’t allow us to save our cards.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lostknight.8936

Lostknight.8936

I’m now having this same Problem I’ve bought atleast 500 dollars woth of gems in the past and today when I attempted to do so again I’m declined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: gamefreak.8036

gamefreak.8036

I am still having this issue and its been over 3 days since I got any kind of update, using the support function on the website.
Can we at least get some kind of update? if not a fix?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Draconius.9076

Draconius.9076

Arenanet has informed me that safety measures have been implemented in gem-puchases.
This was due to the growing problem of Creditcard-fraud.
Simply speaking they implemented limits on how much gems you can buy per household in a certain timespan.
It will most likely remain this way but I can’t say for sure as I am in no way affiliated with Arenanet.

If your purchases continue to fail I would suggest contacting support and explicitely asking them if they can remove the limits on your account for a couple of hours.
They did this for me once which lasted 48 hours afterwards they reimplemented the limits.

I am suffering again as well so far not being able to buy gems but I have written support once more about temporarely removing the limits on my account.

Guild: Order of an Allied Tyria [OAT] ~°~ Co-leader
Server: Underworld

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bannankev.6701

Bannankev.6701

I have recently purchased BLK using the gem trade. I have trade money in game for gems, worked perfectly. Then I proceeded to buy 5 black lion keys! Nothing!!!!! This needs to be fixed! This is not my first time either i thought it was a bug. I have lost out on Gold and Gems now!!!

Guild: Bannankev
Tag: BNK
Home: Anvil Rock

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kelric.1702

Kelric.1702

Arenanet has informed me that safety measures have been implemented in gem-puchases.
This was due to the growing problem of Creditcard-fraud.
Simply speaking they implemented limits on how much gems you can buy per household in a certain timespan.
It will most likely remain this way but I can’t say for sure as I am in no way affiliated with Arenanet.

If your purchases continue to fail I would suggest contacting support and explicitely asking them if they can remove the limits on your account for a couple of hours.
They did this for me once which lasted 48 hours afterwards they reimplemented the limits.

I am suffering again as well so far not being able to buy gems but I have written support once more about temporarely removing the limits on my account.

Understanding the issue doesn’t make it any less ridiculous. Microtransaction pay model implies multiple, regular, small purchases over what is likely to be a short time span.

I hate to gripe, but if you’re going to implement this unusual draconian measure you might consider:

1) Informing your customers! I certainly would have been more judicious in my purchases.
2) Have sufficient support staff to handle, in a timely fashion (24 hours), the excessive number of customer service tickets this stupid policy generates.
3) Possibly consider some form of fraud/liability insurance?

I agree with the previous poster. This is bush league, and that’s not hyperbole. Say what you like about the competition, it’s never going to stand in the way of customers who want to make a purchase.

Even more troubling is that you really can’t (easily) avoid gem purchases. 800 gem shared bank anyone?

Get it together NC/Anet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

i tried to purchase 8k Gems yesterday, but after buying the first 4k, it locked me out. before that, maybe sunday or monday, i tried to buy 8k Gems in one go (2 purchases after one another) and could not complete the second one (credit card failed).

so i thin kit is on a 24-hour timer. buy gems at 7am, cannot buy until 7am the next day, because i bought 4k gems, went to work for 10 hours, then came back and i still could not get more until the next morning. hope this helps.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

I tried again this morning but still received the “Card Approval Failed” message.

After buying up 400$ in Gems in September, it is a nice way of saying “slow your roll, bro”. i really should not be spending so much on this game, anyways, now that i think about it. I just hope the money they get from me is being used for good and not evil.

if it will be fixed this weekend, i think i will be able to wait a bit more. However, i will take some time to scrounge up some extra cash.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kelric.1702

Kelric.1702

I didn’t spend $400 in gems— I spent 30 bucks on bag and bank slots. It doesn’t matter how much you spend. It’s the number of transactions in a day. Apparently 2 purchases (possibly 3 in a 24 hour window, but no more than that) is just too much for Anet’s panicky anti-fraud measures.

It’s ludicrous.

And thanks for completely ignoring my support ticket so far, Anet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

I have the same Issue. My credit card has some error when trying to buy gems. I did contact customer support the answer I got was that my credit card has some issue and that support is not able to help me in any way.

I have never been able to buy gems with my CC from the start of the game (it worked fine in the tests in beta 1 tough)

My credit card works fine, had never had any issues, still works fine, bought 2 copies of gw2 with that card but it wont let me get gems. WTF?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CC Dalmarus.8397

Previous

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Any issues with purchases need to be directed to our Customer Support team. Please create a ticket in-game or contact them here: http://en.support.guildwars2.com/

Thank you!