Gems/achievements

Gems/achievements

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JakeG.9620

JakeG.9620

Hello there

I’m not sure if this has been posted before, but I’ll post it anyway. Wouldn’t it be fun if gold to gems was removed and if Anet finds a proper way to link gems to achievements. so if you complete an achievement in the new release, you get 10 gems or something. This would make me (and others, I hope) more interested in playing content.

any comments?

Gems/achievements

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

But then gems to gold would be also removed. Why would Anet cut the gem functionality in that regard?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Gems/achievements

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JakeG.9620

JakeG.9620

gems to gold doesn’t seem so bad. I just think there should be a more fun way to get the gems.

Gems/achievements

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Not sure if you realize but buying gems with gold finances the buying gold with gems. Also this is the alternative to the primary way of buying gems, cash.

Gem shop is a cash shop and the cash shop pays ANet’s bills because new account sales is considerably smaller two plus years after launch than in the first 6 months. The purpose of the exchange is to blunt 3rd party RMT sites with a legitimate path to buying gold. And to keep that from inflating the money supply the gold that is sold came from players buying gems with it.

It’s a lovely bit of clockwork.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Gems/achievements

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

Pray tell, what will you spend your 60 gems on?

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Gems/achievements

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

You don’t get gold for doing achievements now, so why would they make it so you get gems? Sounds like you just want free gems.

You aren’t suppose to do achievements to gain currency. You play the game to do that, get gold and convert to gems.

You should just be happy you can get gems for “free” by using gold.

Gems/achievements

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I just got 400 gems in my 25k achievement box (and 30 gold). Is this what OP is talking about?

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Gems/achievements

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

No, he wants more gems from achievements beside the 400 for every 5000 achievement points.

It’s another post against the “monetization” of the game via Gems and the perceived inflation of the gold to gem exchange.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Gems/achievements

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

This would probably reduce arenanet’s income through microtransactions of gems.

If you could get gems through achievements, people would be able to get items from the gem store that they may have actually paid money to buy (i.e. also financiall supporting Anet after initial purchase). This is probably the biggest problem with this idea.

So if this was implemented, the amount of gems you’d receive from achievements would have to be miniscule (like, 1 gem or lessfor every 10 AP ). This might actually be beneficial arenanet as players would probably have to buy extra gems (through gold/rl money) in order to buy an item.

However, building on my previous idea, I already feel that this is already in action with 400 gems and 30g for the x5,000 or x0,000 achievement point chests.

It’s more than likely that injecting even tiny amounts of gems into the game would affect the economy (mainly transactions between gold and gems) because they become increasingly more available, especially if they implemented it and awarded gems for all retroactive achievements.

I think a lot of paying players would feel that they have been kicked in the teeth as well, as suddenly gems are being thrown around everywhere whereas they paid a premium to receive their gems.

On a far less serious point (but still a valid one), a lot of people get upset when they receive strange, non-round quantities of gems. This was particularly made apparent in the recent BLTC/Gem store overhaul when they briefly removed the ability to change gems and gold in custom amounts. Of course, right now you can buy/sell gems in every amount, but continuously give players odd amounts of gems and they’ll possibly get annoyed. This is all considering that items sold in the gem store (except sale items) are always sold at a “round number” or gems (ending in a 5 or a 0).