Gemstore Pickaxes Becoming Unfair?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mushroomz.4280

Mushroomz.4280

It’s recently come to my attention that there’s a pickaxe that allows an estimated 20% chance to mine extra materials, my question is why haven’t the other pickaxes received a change? As I recall all pickaxes cost 1000 gems, people such as myself that purchased the older ones are really receiving a bad deal here. Why is this? Perhaps some sort of balance to this is in order, it’s very frustrating to know my purchase was a waste.

Perhaps allowing some sort of pickaxe trading or a balancing buff is a good solution. I understand there probably won’t be a fix as it’s likely a scam to get me to purchase more gems. Or another possibility is the removal of this feature. This is truly a pay to win example.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

If you would like to check out out the player´s opinion (and Anets silent treatment) on that matter, do it here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Watchwork-Pick-Why-No-Response/page/9#post4160748

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: warkalax.1642

warkalax.1642

I have to agree. I have bought 2 of molten pickaxes that is a lot for me. And i just found out that watchwork pickaxe mines watchwork sprockets that are relatively valuable on the market. Giving a edge to all those wielding it. In all honesty i dont see any solution except maybe make all those material gather gemstore tools trade able since they all cost the same or take out the edge giving bonuses.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mushroomz.4280

Good point, Watchwork Sprockets are selling at 2.98 silver each at this moment. You could possibly make more off the sprockets than the ore. I don’t get it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

I bought it for the animation. I wouldn’t care 2 cents if they took the sprocket function away, personally.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Oh my god .. will that become the new “give us mounts” thread in this sub-forum ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: warkalax.1642

warkalax.1642

Oh my god .. will that become the new “give us mounts” thread in this sub-forum ?

you lost?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

When it was introduced, sprockets fell like rain from the Scarlett invasions. Now since that source has dried up, those with a watchwork pick and/or a sprocket generator in their instance are the primary source now.

Reduced supply, continuing demand, price goes up. So I get a gold and change per night now. I get that much from the contents of a T6 bag from the laurel merchant. I earn twice as much upconverting mats in the forge or selling off the salvage mats from that night’s run of items, but those numbers have come down since the bazaar left and the speculation balloon popped.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mushroomz.4280

The main argument is the fact that one pickaxe is favored over the other two, they all cost the same, shouldn’t they all function the same? To me, I got ripped off.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Which points back to the thread Wanze listed when the pick was first introduced. Now since then other gathering tools have come out without an additional drop that some of us point to as ANet learning that was a misstep on their part. However bringing it back a few weeks ago was both dumb and smart. Dumb because even more players have it now plus it open an old wound and smart because players whining about it can now buy one themselves, some with cash bought gems.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

The main argument is the fact that one pickaxe is favored over the other two, they all cost the same, shouldn’t they all function the same? To me, I got ripped off.

I think you did. I did as well. But Anet sort of screwed themselves a bit here as well …

They set a higher expectation for infinite harvesting tools with people that buy them. I desire more of these infinite tools but I won’t commit to buying them because I believe extra mat versions of the sickle and axe are on the horizon.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: gmortillaro.1753

gmortillaro.1753

As someone who bought the molten pick (when it was 800 Gem and soulbound) and then bought the watchwork pick for the bonus, I think the other tools need an upgrade to get extra mats. I would buy the new enhanced axe and sickle in a second to know I had some kind of advantage over standard items. When the unlimited tools came out I bought them to not carry extra tools but When I found out I can get sprockets with that pick I bought it and mine ore so much more, additionally I got a sprocket generator in my home instance. Anet makes money off these things by giving people like me more incentive to spend. I don’t see this as unfair because you have to earn it one way or another, either you pay gold or pay real money. No matter what it takes up your precious time. That’s my 2 cents

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’d actually love to see the other infinite tools get some sort of unique bonus. Some ideas:

- Molten Pick has a chance to drop extra gems, including Azurite. It can potentially mine Azurite Orbs from Orichalcum nodes.

- Consortium Sickle has a chance to drop Passionflowers.

- Jack-in-the-Box Sickle has a chance to drop random Halloween ingredients, including Candy Corn, Nougat, Chattering Skulls etc.

- Frost Wasp Axe has a chance to drop Snowflakes. The tier of Snowflake depends on the tier of the tree being logged.

I’m having trouble thinking of what extra drops the Aetherblade Axe, Bone Pick and Thresher Golem could give though.

Now, the downside to this move is that it would make the infinite tools unquestionably better than the generic tools sold by merchants. This could raise the spectre of “p2w” by new players.

I still think the safest move would be to remove the extra Sprocket chance from the Watchwork Picks, although to be honest, it would be a big blow to my income. My playstyle means I harvest a LOT; I’ve already earned enough extra Sprockets to pay for my first Watchwork Pick, and am well on my way to paying for the 2nd.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I’m not sure on the exact number. I think I can earn probably around 10 gold mining per hour. And 3 gold is actually earned from sprocket.

So the pick actually make a big difference if you are actually a miner.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

I’d actually love to see the other infinite tools get some sort of unique bonus. Some ideas:

- Molten Pick has a chance to drop extra gems, including Azurite. It can potentially mine Azurite Orbs from Orichalcum nodes.

- Jack-in-the-Box Sickle has a chance to drop random Halloween ingredients, including Candy Corn, Nougat, Chattering Skulls etc.

- Frost Wasp Axe has a chance to drop Snowflakes. The tier of Snowflake depends on the tier of the tree being logged.

I’m having trouble thinking of what extra drops the Aetherblade Axe, Bone Pick and Thresher Golem could give though.

Now, the downside to this move is that it would make the infinite tools unquestionably better than the generic tools sold by merchants. This could raise the spectre of “p2w” by new players.

I still think the safest move would be to remove the extra Sprocket chance from the Watchwork Picks, although to be honest, it would be a big blow to my income. My playstyle means I harvest a LOT; I’ve already earned enough extra Sprockets to pay for my first Watchwork Pick, and am well on my way to paying for the 2nd.

I agree the watchwork pickaxe is debatable, but I really hope they do nothing about it. I use it to make the spinal backpack for all my chars, and having some alts, the pick is a way to get blade shards.
Another way to “solve” this could be to make a way to farm them, as dry top, where there is some crystal nodes. We could stumble upon Scarlets workshop, or where the steamcreatures made copies of themselves. They surely needed to get sprockets from somewhere?
Your idea with other harvesting tools to have a chanse at different mats is interesting, but as Anet hasnt done it by now, I think they dont want to. Or dare to.
But then again, Anet change their minds pretty often..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I bought it for the animation. I wouldn’t care 2 cents if they took the sprocket function away, personally.

And I bought it for the sprockets and would definitely care.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

This is why all the perma tools are sold as “promotional” items….pretty much makes them immune to all “you owe me” claims…..because it was “promotional” (limited time offer).

Has anyone that is POed about this submitted a ticket to have their existing perma pick replaced by a watchwork one? Not saying it’s going to work, but the response would be an “official” one.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mushroomz.4280

I agree the watchwork pickaxe is debatable, but I really hope they do nothing about it. I use it to make the spinal backpack for all my chars, and having some alts, the pick is a way to get blade shards.
Another way to “solve” this could be to make a way to farm them, as dry top, where there is some crystal nodes. We could stumble upon Scarlets workshop, or where the steamcreatures made copies of themselves. They surely needed to get sprockets from somewhere?
Your idea with other harvesting tools to have a chanse at different mats is interesting, but as Anet hasnt done it by now, I think they dont want to. Or dare to.
But then again, Anet change their minds pretty often..

You’ve clearly stated what you’ve gained from it, those spinal blades are very expensive, and yet you have them on all your characters because of this pickaxe. Of course you wouldn’t want this stripped from you, but how would you feel if you weren’t the one benefitting? I’ll tell you right now, most players aren’t in your situation. I don’t blame you for enjoying what you have going, but once again, I too own one of these pickaxes, mine doesn’t help me in anyway shape or form. To me they should be equal, but clearly as you’ve shown, that one generates a lot of usefulness.

As to sending a support ticket, Arena Net isn’t obligated in satisfying me. I can’t return an item I’ve had for a very long time and have gotten good usage out of. I’d be totally down for trading it, but currently, that’s not a possibility as far as I’m aware of.

I think it needs to be stated to that just because a particular person is benefitting doesn’t make it fair. There’s a theoretical 1/3 chance anyone bought the watch work pickaxe… so there’s a lot of unsatisfied people, particularly since it’s the most recent. When I got mine, there wasn’t another option.

(edited by Mushroomz.4280)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

You’ve clearly stated what you’ve gained from it, those spinal blades are very expensive, and yet you have them on all your characters because of this pickaxe. Of course you wouldn’t want this stripped from you, but how would you feel if you weren’t the one benefitting? I’ll tell you right now, most players aren’t in your situation. I don’t blame you for enjoying what you have going, but once again, I too own one of these pickaxes, mine doesn’t help me in anyway shape or form. To me they should be equal, but clearly as you’ve shown, that one generates a lot of usefulness.

As to sending a support ticket, Arena Net isn’t obligated in satisfying me. I can’t return an item I’ve had for a very long time and have gotten good usage out of. I’d be totally down for trading it, but currently, that’s not a possibility as far as I’m aware of.

I think it needs to be stated to that just because a particular person is benefitting doesn’t make it fair. There’s a theoretical 1/3 chance anyone bought the watch work pickaxe… so there’s a lot of unsatisfied people, particularly since it’s the most recent. When I got mine, there wasn’t another option.

I know the blade shards are expencive, the pickaxe costed me gems. I dont know how many shards I would have gotten by transfering gems to gold and then bought sprockets to make shards, but I suspect it would be less. Wich would have been an advantage for those that had the sprocket node longer than me. Not to mention that without the pickaxe, sprockets would have been way more expencive. And I probably wouldnt have tried to get the backpack for my alts.
Wich is ok, what I never had I probably wouldnt miss.
But Your “unfair” Im not to sure about. The pickaxe have been possible to get twice as far as I know, and at least the last time, most people was aware of the sprockets and the advantages. If its unfair that some people cant afford the pickaxe, then all the unbreakable harvesting tools are unfair, as they save Inventory space and generally make life easier in Tyria. Wich is why I bought mine, the sprockets was a surprise. I have several sets with unbreakable tools, the watchwork pickaxe was just to complete a set on an alt.
If you mean its unfair that its just the one tool that give the bonus, I agree, it is a a bit unfair. It would also be a bit unfair to me, if they suddenly take away the bonus now, as I have planned with it in mind. And lol at Anet, I havent bought any tools after the pickaxe, because, as we seen, there is probably a better one later.

Edit: wrong wording

(edited by JoeytheHutt.1742)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

To my knowledge I’ve never gotten a blade shard from a watchwork pickax, only my sprocket node spits them out.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mushroomz.4280

To my knowledge I’ve never gotten a blade shard from a watchwork pickax, only my sprocket node spits them out.

They can be replicated via sprockets

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

No kidding but that’s like saying an ax is dropping ingots because they can be made from the raw material.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

When it was introduced, sprockets fell like rain from the Scarlett invasions. Now since that source has dried up, those with a watchwork pick and/or a sprocket generator in their instance are the primary source now.

I’m pretty sure the invasions were over by late January, when the pick was introduced.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

I stand corrected.

But when it was introduced it watchwork sprockets were 40-45c each when the pick came out. And supply surged from 600K to nearly 1 million during the time it was available. Supply was then depleted when the Blade back packs came out which sucked up in a day what was added during the previous 3 weeks and prices doubled.

Once LS 1 was over the only way to finish your Blade back packs was to convert sprockets into blade shards supply crashed and the price doubled again.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I was very disappointed when they stuck with this decision. It seems like it’d be a bit too late for them to revert their decision, though; on the one hand, you have players who explicitly bought the pick to gain economic power, and on the other, you have people without the pick who are calling for the removal of that economic power.

Watchwork Sprockets are far from trivial, and they were still far from trivial back when Sprockets were at their bottom price. Basic math implies that the Watchwork Pick increases the value of every mining swing you make by 64 copper- 60 from watchwork sprockets, 4 from not using Ori pick charges. To compare, the Molten and Bone picks save you 4 copper, if you would otherwise use an Orichalcum pick. This is far, far, far from an aesthetic choice. The Watchwork pick will pay itself off roughly 15 times as quickly.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mushroomz.4280

I was very disappointed when they stuck with this decision. It seems like it’d be a bit too late for them to revert their decision, though; on the one hand, you have players who explicitly bought the pick to gain economic power, and on the other, you have people without the pick who are calling for the removal of that economic power.

Watchwork Sprockets are far from trivial, and they were still far from trivial back when Sprockets were at their bottom price. Basic math implies that the Watchwork Pick increases the value of every mining swing you make by 64 copper- 60 from watchwork sprockets, 4 from not using Ori pick charges. To compare, the Molten and Bone picks save you 4 copper, if you would otherwise use an Orichalcum pick. This is far, far, far from an aesthetic choice. The Watchwork pick will pay itself off roughly 15 times as quickly.

Very impressive research here, very clearly points out the problem, thank you for this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

instead of complaining about 1 pickaxe having an advantage above the rest, why not think of alternative stuff other pick axes can get.
for instance, destroyer cores from the molted pickaxe and kakra shells from the bone pickaxe……just an example.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

instead of complaining about 1 pickaxe having an advantage above the rest, why not think of alternative stuff other pick axes can get.
for instance, destroyer cores from the molted pickaxe and kakra shells from the bone pickaxe……just an example.

Because it’s incredibly hard to balance?

What do you think is easier, assuming we have 6 unique pick axes in game, including the Watchwork?

Applying and balancing rewards to the remaining 5 picks

or

removing the reward for the watchwork pick

The watchwork pick never should have given an extra reward considering the previous ones were always simply vanity and convenience items.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

This is why all the perma tools are sold as “promotional” items….pretty much makes them immune to all “you owe me” claims…..because it was “promotional” (limited time offer).

Has anyone that is POed about this submitted a ticket to have their existing perma pick replaced by a watchwork one? Not saying it’s going to work, but the response would be an “official” one.

I have, and it was denied. Then I asked for a refund on my molten pick, which was also denied.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Wasn’t there some evidence that part of the ‘bonus sprockets’ from this pick meant that you couldn’t get ‘bonus harvest attempts’ when mining? I’m pretty sure I remember someone stating something along those lines: that since equipping the Watchwork Pick, they had completely stopped getting ‘bonus harvest’ chances. I would like some kind of conformation on this as I don’t have one of the picks but, if this is the case, it still seems fairly balanced. Not perfectly balanced as sprockets have quadrupled in price since the pick was introduced but, trading your chances for ‘extra harvests’ for a chance at some extra sprockets seems fair IMO. Most people generally only see how ’they’ve been wronged’ or that ‘something is OP’ without actually realizing the tradeoffs involved. So, before everyone calls their mom to cry about how Anet is mean, could someone please confirm this for me?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

^ Nope. That’s not true. Trust me, I do enough harvesting to be able to debunk the theory that the Watchwork Pick does not get extra strikes or bonus items, or have lesser chances of either.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Tman.6349

^ Nope. That’s not true. Trust me, I do enough harvesting to be able to debunk the theory that the Watchwork Pick does not get extra strikes or bonus items, or have lesser chances of either.

OK then. It’s not an idea I endorsed in blood or dedicated my unborn to…just something I remember reading. +1 for enthusiasm though I guess…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

The misconception might have arisen from players who are on servers that do well in WvW. The Gatherer bonus from WvW gives chances for extra strikes, and they might possibly have done their testing on a weekend, when the bonuses reset.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Tman.6349

I really don’t care about it either way tbh. I was just asking. I have plenty of gold without using the “P2W pickaxe” (lmao). Just curious if this was true or not. Simple ‘yes vs. no’. IMO, if people are depending on/believing in extra sprockets to ‘get rich’, that is just sad and making a big fuss about it is completely silly.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mushroomz.4280

Perhaps the gold is worth some more than others, the pickaxe runs about 120-140g… that’s not that cheap. It’s not that cheap when you own a useless counterpart as well. You’re also ignoring the gates of pay to win being opened.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Very impressive research here, very clearly points out the problem, thank you for this.

Except the chance of getting a sprocket is MUCH lower than every hit. I counted this morning and I mined 18 hits on a Mithral nodes in Dry Top and got ONE sprocket (granted, very bad luck). The POTENTIAL to earn 60 more copper is NOT earning 60 more copper. This issue (like many on these forums) is blown WAY WAY out of proportion.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Usually it’s one from every three whacks on average. Not counting the sprockets I get from my sprocket generator, I’m getting around 30-35 a night. Less on Fridays, more on Thursdays due to the WvW bonus whacks.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ice Man.8465

Ice Man.8465

I bought molten and bone picks for all my toons back when they were soul bound, so that I would not have to keep buying picks or carrying extras. I didn’t even look at the watch work picks as I didn’t need another “forever” pick. I would be will to trade up to a watch work pick for my other picks. Maybe ANET could allow trades and charge a number of gems to allow the trade (say 100 or less). Also, it would be nice to be able to sell basic picks and other tools that you get as drops to a vendor, even if it was just for a copper.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rengaru.4730

Rengaru.4730

To me personally, this (especially the complete lack of communication from ANet) is the single worst problem in the game.

Not because of “P2W” (since you could trade gems for gold and get a better return on investment) but because of this:

[…]
To me, I got ripped off.

[…]
They set a higher expectation for infinite harvesting tools with people that buy them. I desire more of these infinite tools but I won’t commit to buying them because I believe extra mat versions of the sickle and axe are on the horizon.

ANet is really shooting themselves in the foot here and I’m affraid when sales on the old tools start waning too much, their next move will be to introduce further enhanced versions of those infinite tools fully establishing vertical progression in the Gem Store.

From there on it would become a vicious circle.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

From my extensive harvesting experience, I can say with some confidence that it’s about a 20% chance of getting a Watchwork Sprocket on a hit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

Perhaps the gold is worth some more than others, the pickaxe runs about 120-140g… that’s not that cheap. It’s not that cheap when you own a useless counterpart as well. You’re also ignoring the gates of pay to win being opened.

I’m not sure what the price is right now. I haven’t play GW2 in a while.

Last I check you need 30-40 hours of mining rich node ore to recover the money. It is straight profit afterwards.

If you actually spend a huge amount of time doing nothing but mining rich ore it is worth it. Else you’d do better without it since 120-140 will take a while to recover if you are not a dedicated miner.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

Personally I think they just should remove the extra-sprockets.
Simply remove them, leave the other gemstore gathering tools as they are and keep it at that, that people choose the tools for their looks, not for their extra goodies.

One way or the other an extra-boon for tools would just turn out to be the best and then we would only see that specific tool. Boring.
Molten Pickaxe got a chance to drop a full ingot instead of a ore-lump? Everyone buys it.
Consortium Sickle regrows the plant instantly, so you can gather it 2 or three times? We will only see that one being used.
The golem-sickle has a chance to drop a golem-summoning-consumable…and so on.

Of course, none of it will make anybody rich, but it’s a goodie/feature. It’s the same as when kids choose the cereals with a toy inside instead of the other brand.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

It’s fair. The picks cost about 120 gold at the time. 20 mining attempts per day yields about 4 sprockets, roughly 12 silver.

120 gold / 0.12 gold is 1000 days to recoup the cost.

The other picks are over priced, the watchwork pick is not under priced.

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

It’s fair. The picks cost about 120 gold at the time. 20 mining attempts per day yields about 4 sprockets, roughly 12 silver.

120 gold / 0.12 gold is 1000 days to recoup the cost.

The other picks are over priced, the watchwork pick is not under priced.

ya but you can actually make good money just mining. So there are people who do nothing but mining.

I would say mining is much better than pug dungeon for money if you have a lot of alts.

So if you are a grinders who use mining to make money and have lots of alt, 3-4 days of mining(10 hours a day) and you’ll recoup all the money.

Obviously if you are doing a premade dungeon tour group which can finish dungeons in 5-10 minutes, that would be faster. Or selling arah path.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Personally I think they just should remove the extra-sprockets.
Simply remove them, leave the other gemstore gathering tools as they are and keep it at that, that people choose the tools for their looks, not for their extra goodies.

Umm…no. No, no, no. That’d be the worst thing they could do. Adding this extra perk to just one new infi-tool was, IMO, a misstep. Pulling an all-out bait and switch, which is what you’re suggesting, would anger nearly everyone that bought the pick. And rightly so. It would also set a dangerous precedent in the mind of the player base whenever something with an attractive number-based perk shows up in the gem store. “Will this be nerfed, too?”

ANet can offer an option to upgrade other picks to the Watchwork, or carefuly add bonus item perks to all other picks (if not all other tools), while reducing the odds of the sprocket pops to achieve a lower, less impactful result over time. 15% chance per whack seems reasonable.

They could also just “manage” the value of sprockets in various ways to reduce the value gap between the Watchwork and all other picks. Adding more sources, increasing the amount that pops from sprocket generators, reducing the amount needed in recipes/uses that drive the current value, etc.

It’ll be interesting to see what ANet, or whatever specific element is behind the gem store, does. Obviously, they’re making a lot more revenue by putting this pick up over the other ones, and it’s the sprockets that are doing it. That is to say, this is making them money so whatever they do won’t be pulling money out of their pockets. How they go about keeping this current cash cow safe while adding in more of them without completely fubar-ing the system will be a curious act to observe.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rengaru.4730

Rengaru.4730

It would also set a dangerous precedent in the mind of the player base whenever something with an attractive number-based perk shows up in the gem store. “Will this be nerfed, too?”

They already changed Cash Shop items after their introduction. Multiple times.

• Salvage-O-Matic (It had a brief time where it had better salvage ratios than now. this resulted in the inventory being flooded with useless minor runes and sigils so the nerf was appreciated by most players.)
  • Glory Booster (They started to drop in masses from pvp dailies/monthlies. When glory got removed the boosters did as well. Players were reimbursed for their purchase though.)
  • Flamekissed Light Armor (This was a reskin of T3 Human Cultural Armor, that later got changed to a reskin of Feathered Armor. ANet refundend everyone who was unsatisfied with the changes though.)
  • Cash Shop Skins (Basically all CS-Skins you bought twice became redundant and the ones you used up before the introduction of the Wardrobe are lost. I think you could contact customer support for lost Skins,but not duplicates.)
  • Instant Repair Canister (Lost part of its purpose when repairing became free. Not sure who would have bought these ayway. Did people get a refund for these?)
  • Instant Trait Reset (Useless/Pointless now. Not sure who would have bought these ayway. Did people get a refund for these?)

So what speaks against a removal of the mining bonus if ANet offers a refund for people unsatisfied with their pick?

(edited by Rengaru.4730)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

• Cash Shop Skins (Basically all CS-Skins you bought twice became redundant and the ones you used up before the introduction of the Wardrobe are lost. I think you could contact customer support for lost Skins, but not duplicates.)

We got refund for all duplicate skins .. i got around 6-7000 gems back

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Except the chance of getting a sprocket is MUCH lower than every hit. I counted this morning and I mined 18 hits on a Mithral nodes in Dry Top and got ONE sprocket (granted, very bad luck). The POTENTIAL to earn 60 more copper is NOT earning 60 more copper. This issue (like many on these forums) is blown WAY WAY out of proportion.

I calculated the value of the Watchwork swing based on the value of the Sprocket. The value of watchwork sprockets at the time was about 3s (which is what you’d call a “potential”); quite straightforward, 3*20%=.6, or 60 copper.

Watchwork Sprockets have risen in price significantly since that time. A Watchwork swing is now worth 3.88s*20%=.776=77.6 copper. Using a Watchwork Pick over an Orichalcum Pick now generates you 81.6 copper.

Nalhadia – Kaineng