Get your Glob's of Ecto quick

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dafury.2734

Dafury.2734

Now that the supply of ectos is going to return back to it’s previous rate of production. The cost is going to rise. Get your ecto’s now!

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/19721

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

As someone who crafts items for profit, I’m not overly worried about the price of ectos as even when they are at high prices I can pass on the increased cost in the prices of the items I sell.

Cheap ectos are nice, but unless you’re saving up for a legendary (or ascended I guess) I don’t see much point in hoarding them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Craziplaya.2103

Craziplaya.2103

As someone who crafts items for profit, I’m not overly worried about the price of ectos as even when they are at high prices I can pass on the increased cost in the prices of the items I sell.

Cheap ectos are nice, but unless you’re saving up for a legendary (or ascended I guess) I don’t see much point in hoarding them.

You don’t see much point in hoarding them? Someone clearly hasn’t passed “Play the Market 101” class

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Field Marshal.7946

Field Marshal.7946

Even if they go up 10 silver, the profit isn’t going to be very good. Even if you buy 250 of them on the current price of 28.06, if you sold at 35 silver, you are only going to make 4.22 gold on putting up 70.15 gold.

Sorry, but tying up that amount of money, just is not worth it to me for a total profit for 4.22 gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

You don’t see much point in hoarding them? Someone clearly hasn’t passed “Play the Market 101” class

Serious crafters tend to go through dozens of ecto a day, in order for a crafter to stockpile a useful amount of ecto they’d have to put down 100+ gold which would lock up a huge amount of capital that could be converted into product and flipped in that same timeframe for a bigger profit than the saving on ecto.

Day traders tend to flip stuff for margins of 10-30% on a daily basis, it’s unlikely that ecto would see close to such a large rise over days, again, investing in ecto would lock up a lot of capital better placed elsewhere; velocity is just as important as magnitude in turning a profit.

Ecto is of course a good point of investment if you’re a small time trader looking for a sure bet of where you could put your gold and come out with a profit in a week or two’s time, but the guys who’ve passed Playing the Market 201 won’t be amongst them

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

The ecto market is very liquid (I can put buy orders for 10-20 ectos up and get them filled within a minute). In addition, the margin between buy and sell prices is usually less than 15%, so it is unlikely that prices will be influenced by “day trading”. So to profit from hoarding ectos, I have to hope that the market price will rise enough for it to be profitable after taking fees into account, because the volume of ectos going through the TP precludes me (and others) from manipulating the price to any great extent.

It’s not a great leap in logic to predict they will rise from the current low, but will it be enough to generate significant profits given the initial outlay involved? It’s a bit too risky for my liking, given that ecto prices were already slowly falling before the (short-lived) introduction of the new ecto supply.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

Well the other factor is that ascended recipes require a LOT of ectos, so you can bet that in the next few updates, lots of new recipes requiring lots of ectos will be available. It was nice to stock up on cheap ectos while the price was lower. It’s not necessarily about selling them back as it is getting cheaper ectos for your own forging

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Groovy.6749

Groovy.6749

Stop trying to make us buy your stuff.

Ecto’s price is still going to fluctuate up and down for a bit, especially during periods of high volumes of people playing hence partaking into the economy, but it is on its way to stability.

Also let’s not forget the recent snowflake exploit, so with that into account, the price of ectos might be a bit up in the air for grabs at the moment, but it is stabilising.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SET.3275

SET.3275

Just another stupid market manipulation attempt
The price will actually go down – not only of the ectos, but most of the crafting materials. The bots are back, not the same quantity ofc. They occupy different, less populated spots and still grind and flood the market.
Despite This statement more than week ago , the price of the so-called “rare” crafting materials continue to drop … I assume that the war doesnt go well for Anet. The bad news is that the common players like us will take the consequences in the form of “fix”, which will include the usual nerf next patch.
Such a flat, banal troll-posts like this or the one with the eggs or walnuts or any other clear market manipulation post deserve a ban from the forums + bugged TP ingame for a week.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

There are still quite a few ways to get ectos cheaper than in tp directly. It saved me a bit of gold.

(edited by Stridix.4260)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I am getting my ectos quick: I craft rares (often for XP on alts) & I play fractals and get several yellows a run to salvage. My ectos are steadily piling towards the ceiling as I wait for my next chance to buy obsidean shards (after the holidays no doubt).

…Oh, you meant get them fast from the Trading Post, where I can use my money to arm traders to drive up prices on some other item I may need later?

Kitten that.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

Some very strange things happening the last 12 hours or so with ecto on the Trading Post.

Not exactly sure how to describe it except it looked like an organized, descending price wall that was trying to keep buy visible buy and sell orders within a 1-3c range that would be about 2-3s below the average, recent price.

I’ve been taking a lot of screen shots, but I’m just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?