Gift of Mastery (Account Bound)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Destroyer.1306

Destroyer.1306

Dear A-Net,

Please allow Gifts of Mastery to be freely traded.

I am short on gold and long on everything that goes into making these. I haven’t been saving up for them, but I could make 2 of them the next time I log on.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Mastery

Thanks!

-Me

P.S. What do you guys think the price of these would be if they were allowed to be freely traded?

Stinky Garbage, Engineer. Meatbag, Guardian. Dum Dums, Elementalist.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I agree that if the crafted legendary can be traded, so should all the components that went into making it. well, maybe not ALL, but most (gift of exploration, for example, shouldn’t be tradable)
6s40c (can’t you sell them to a vendor for this price?)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

What? You seriously can’t be suggesting that the only Gift that requires playing the game not the TP should be changed to sellable? Seriously?

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

When ArenaNet made a Legendary weapon trade-able, they, by extension, made everything used to craft it trade-able, but in reality, they didn’t.

They made the “whole” trade-able, but not its pieces.

At this point, what difference would it make if ArenaNet made every piece of a Legendary trade-able? None.

They may as well do it at this point.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

When ArenaNet made a Legendary weapon trade-able, they, by extension, made everything used to craft it trade-able, but in reality, they didn’t.

They made the “whole” trade-able, but not its pieces.

At this point, what difference would it make if ArenaNet made every piece of a Legendary trade-able? None.

They may as well do it at this point.

Except that the Gift of Mastery might serve as a requirment for a second wave of Legendary items that are account bound (such as Legendary Armor).

They’ve learned their lesson I think: laurels are nothing more than duplicate copies of Mystic Coins EXCEPT they are account bound. If they have recognized that some things that were up for sale should have been account bound, don’t expect things that they got right the first time around to suddenly go up for sale.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

Except that the Gift of Mastery might serve as a requirment for a second wave of Legendary items that are account bound (such as Legendary Armor).

They’ve learned their lesson I think: laurels are nothing more than duplicate copies of Mystic Coins EXCEPT they are account bound. If they have recognized that some things that were up for sale should have been account bound, don’t expect things that they got right the first time around to suddenly go up for sale.

Very true. I feel they could make new gifts for crafting Legendary Armor….or a new round of Legendary Weapons. That way, they could make these gifts trade-able and lock down the new round(s) of Legendaries.

It’s sad that they made Legendaries trade-able in the first place. While I can make enough money to buy one outright….I don’t feel that I should be able to….nor will I. I will craft my own Legendary, because I feel that’s the way it should be.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

If you have enough skill points and karma sitting around to make two gifts, there’s no reason you should be short on gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

I also thought it was odd, that Legendary Weapons are sellable, and the gifts to make them are not.

Give the niche players the same adavantage Anet! If somebody wants to WvWvW until they puke, let them sell the 500 token gift they earn!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

What? You seriously can’t be suggesting that the only Gift that requires playing the game not the TP should be changed to sellable? Seriously?

I agree that nothing about Legendaries should be tradable except some of the base components (like lodestones). but since the final product is tradable, most of the components should be as well (except for the ones that are obtained directly from 100%-non-tradable stuff, like map completion. but things made from things made from non-tradable stuff is far enough removed

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

If you have enough skill points and karma sitting around to make two gifts, there’s no reason you should be short on gold.

i’ve made 1 gift of mastery and could make another right now, but i only have 160g, which is about 1/10 what i will need to make a legendary.

that said i don’t agree with the OP. the aspects of the game that go into the gift of mastery should not be sellable imo.

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

i’ve made 1 gift of mastery and could make another right now, but i only have 160g, which is about 1/10 what i will need to make a legendary.

that said i don’t agree with the OP. the aspects of the game that go into the gift of mastery should not be sellable imo.

I’m saying take that 500k karma and 200 skill points and turn them into gold. There’s no reason just to sit on them unless you think they’ll go up in value at some point. . .

OP says he has 1,000,000 karma and 400 skill points, but is short on gold. That’s enough karma for a full stack (almost) of Orrian Jewelry Boxes, and you can convert skill points to money, as well. I’m not seeing why he should be poor.