Gold -> Gem exchange

Gold -> Gem exchange

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Say I put 2G in the form and it says I get 21gems. Now I know that 21gems does not cost exactly 2G and I’ve never paid attention to the exact amount that it takes from me (cause there’s no receipt…). Does it still take my 2G for that 21gems or does it take the exact amount it needs for those 21gems?

Gem conversion and purchasing gems needs to have a Gem amount form so I can just tell it how many gems I want and it’ll just do the gold conversion or charge my card for that.

Gold -> Gem exchange

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

If you are quick enough you can zero in on a minimal amount to get that number of gems.

As for your suggestion, I agree an interface that allows us to enter the amount of gems desired and provide us the minimal cost would be great. I’m sure selling gems the exchange provides the minimal amount of gold those gems represent.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Gold -> Gem exchange

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

you can never be quick enough. I’ve had this happen before:
2g -> 21 gems
2g1s -> 21 gems
2g2s -> 22 gems
2g3s -> 21 gems
someone, somewhere in the world, at any time, will be converting gems to gold or visa versa which messes with the price.
to answer OP’s question, I’ve always observed that it takes the amount of gold you enter and not the exact price of those gems. because of this, I usually will get as specific as the silver. so 2g9s -> 22 gems. I just keep increasing silver by 1 until the gem amount goes up.
your suggestion would be great to have.

Gold -> Gem exchange

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

you can never be quick enough. I’ve had this happen before:
2g -> 21 gems
2g1s -> 21 gems
2g2s -> 22 gems
2g3s -> 21 gems
someone, somewhere in the world, at any time, will be converting gems to gold or visa versa which messes with the price.
to answer OP’s question, I’ve always observed that it takes the amount of gold you enter and not the exact price of those gems. because of this, I usually will get as specific as the silver. so 2g9s -> 22 gems. I just keep increasing silver by 1 until the gem amount goes up.
your suggestion would be great to have.

I disagree, I do this daily. I quickly narrow it down to silver and then binary search copper until I find the value that yields 1 gem more. It’s really not that hard to find the minimum amount for X gems.

RIP City of Heroes

Gold -> Gem exchange

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lil Puppy.5216

That b*****d Evon is stealing my hard earned gold! I’m glad I didn’t vote for that thieving son of a …!

Anet, please consider adding this feature – I know it’s not hard, it’s just a webpage…

Gold -> Gem exchange

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curtis Johnson

Curtis Johnson

The exchange actually doesn’t deduct more than the minimum it needs to purchase the amount of gems shown. (or if you like, it instantly refunds the difference).

So you can search for the lowest amount if you’re curious. but you’re protected if you’re just in a hurry to get close enough.

edit for clarity:
If 2g = 21 gems
and 2g 10s = 22 gems..

if you put in 2g 9s the exchange will only take 2g to get you the 21 gems and ‘refund’ the 9s back to you.

(edited by Curtis Johnson.8456)

Gold -> Gem exchange

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

The exchange actually doesn’t deduct more than the minimum it needs to purchase the amount of gems shown. (or if you like, it instantly refunds the difference).

So you can search for the lowest amount if you’re curious. but you’re protected if you’re just in a hurry to get close enough.

edit for clarity:
If 2g = 21 gems
and 2g 10s = 22 gems..

if you put in 2g 9s the exchange will only take 2g to get you the 21 gems and ‘refund’ the 9s back to you.

Attachments:

RIP City of Heroes

Gold -> Gem exchange

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lil Puppy.5216

Thank you for clarity, but I still want to buy a certain amount of gems at a time and have to ‘fine tune’ my price to get the gem amount I want instead of telling it how many gems I want and it telling me how much Evon is going to charge me for it.

Anyway, it’s slightly comforting knowing that I haven’t thrown away money by rushing my purchases.

Gold -> Gem exchange

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Man, I remember converting gems to gold to get a total makeover kit which is 350 gems? Only cost me 6g. Back in the day man, back in the day.

Gold -> Gem exchange

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Any chance we can see this reversed for clarity’s sake?
In other words, you enter the number of gems you would like to purchase and it tells you how much it will cost.

Gold -> Gem exchange

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

edit for clarity:
If 2g = 21 gems
and 2g 10s = 22 gems..

this is good to know! ty.
just to reinforce it, I decided to test it:
gold before: 95g71s29c
gems before: 312 gems
“I’ll trade 2g to receive 20 gems”
gold after: 93g78s16c
gems after: 332 gems
so it took away 1g93s13c even though I had put in 2g

Gold -> Gem exchange

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

I tried this as well last night, hence the GI Joe infographic.

RIP City of Heroes

Gold -> Gem exchange

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

That’s good to know. Making it another thing where the TP interface isn’t clear about what’s going on.