Gold for Gems Exchange Rate

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ljeytl Krue.9362

Ljeytl Krue.9362

I mean its one silver for 3 gems and im trying to upgrade to silver edition for my bros birthday in 5 days and my bday today this is rediculous!!!

:)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Actua.7521

Actua.7521

They need to make money off that shop. If 1g was worth 10,000 gems, they’d never a cent off the gem shop.

The fact that 1g is like $5 worth of gems is actually really great if you ask me. I was expecting much, much worse.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wazabi.1439

Wazabi.1439

so everytime you can’t afford something you blame someone else? The world does not revolves around you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Coooturtle.3291

Coooturtle.3291

I was actually surprised at how cheap it was, already i can afford almost all the stuff on the gem store, and im only lvl 37.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kaitoa.7019

Kaitoa.7019

^^ Exactly, gems are ridiculously cheap atm, thats why Im buying them up now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jikap.6547

Jikap.6547

The gold → gem economy is mostly player-driven, one silver for 3 gems is not just what players are willing to buy gems for, but also what players are willing to sell gems for.

If players think it’s too much, more people will sell gems than buy it, and it’ll become cheaper, so I think the price now must be just about right.

Jikap
Elementalist
Ring of Fire

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kaden.3162

Kaden.3162

your kidding right? i feel ripped off because i bought the deluxe edition with real money and then noticed in game i could have bought it with gems which is massively cheaper then buying it IRL, tbh that i think is a bit of a problem but whatever.

the current gem to gold ratio is ridiculously cheap.
level up some more, get more money for selling higher level items and doing dynamic events and it will be super easy to get.
atm its been around 1 gold for 400 gems.

could have bought that upgrade a few times already without farming for money.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dizzard.4396

Dizzard.4396

Right now if you pay around 26 silver you get 100 gems which I think is great value. I was quite surprised really…..I’m still waiting for it to take a sudden downward spiral and end up having to spend 1 gold to get 5 gems.

The only reason I haven’t gone on a gem store spree is because I don’t really like anything on sale….aside from some inventory/bank slot upgrades.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Just wait until more people start making serious money. The price of gems will skyrocket.

One – Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

The economy would be better if it was by server and not all servers

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ljeytl Krue.9362

kool thanx guys this rly helps and ya its 100000 times better than other games

in Black Lion Trading Co

Tom Gore.4035

You mean it would be easier to play and exploit the trading post? Like in WoW where you can easily buy all postings of a commodity and then repost them at a higher price.

One – Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

The gold -> gem economy is mostly player-driven, one silver for 3 gems is not just what players are willing to buy gems for, but also what players are willing to sell gems for.

If players think it’s too much, more people will sell gems than buy it, and it’ll become cheaper, so I think the price now must be just about right.

when you sell gems you have no choice, you can not make a price you must take the price the market will have at that moment. It is not worth to buy money for gems ingame.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Tom Gore.4035

The gold -> gem economy is mostly player-driven, one silver for 3 gems is not just what players are willing to buy gems for, but also what players are willing to sell gems for.

when you sell gems you have no choice, you can not make a price you must take the price the market will have at that moment. It is not worth to buy money for gems ingame.

Yes but if nobody sells gems for gold the price of Gems (in gold) will rise and eventually it will again be feasible to sell gems for gold.

One – Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leon Heart XIII.4609

Leon Heart XIII.4609

your kidding right? i feel ripped off because i bought the deluxe edition with real money and then noticed in game i could have bought it with gems which is massively cheaper then buying it IRL, tbh that i think is a bit of a problem but whatever.

the current gem to gold ratio is ridiculously cheap.
level up some more, get more money for selling higher level items and doing dynamic events and it will be super easy to get.
atm its been around 1 gold for 400 gems.

could have bought that upgrade a few times already without farming for money.

But it is a problem it’s cheaper to buy gems for gold than is to buy gems for real money. I mean about 500 gems=1 gold yet 1gold=400 gems….yeah it’s like what’s the point of using real money to buy gems or earn gold when it’s not very much in the first place ($20 worth of gems will net you about 3 gold), since seeing this I honestly think that the gold:gem ratio should be much higher than it is right now, but with time I believe it will stablize to what it should be.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Tom Gore.4035

But it is a problem it’s cheaper to buy gems for gold than is to buy gems for real money. I mean about 500 gems=1 gold yet 1gold=400 gems….yeah it’s like what’s the point of using real money to buy gems or earn gold when it’s not very much in the first place ($20 worth of gems will net you about 3 gold), since seeing this I honestly think that the gold:gem ratio should be much higher than it is right now, but with time I believe it will stablize to what it should be.

The current price of gems just tells that lots of people are short of gold, but not short of cash. Trust me once everyone is sitting on a healthy pile of gold the price of gems will rise sharply.

One – Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nozgeth.9638

Nozgeth.9638

The period right after launch has the largest amount of “fans” in it’s player base, we are also the demographic most likely to buy gems with cash. Add onto that the fact that the majority of the player base isn’t near 80 yet and the demand for gold will greatly outpace supply, whereas the supply of gems likely outstrips the demand. (Especially given that the gem shop doesn’t have that much useful stuff in it)

over time, as gold accumulates and more things are added to the gem shop the price will move up. That said, enjoy being able to guy them so cheaply now! I’m holding onto my extra gems to sell later.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ljeytl Krue.9362

k kool thx guys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

Unless prices settle down soon, I’m going to have to agree. It’s hard to make a profit on anything when there’s hundreds, if not thousands of the same item being sold by other players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Tom Gore.4035

Unless prices settle down soon, I’m going to have to agree. It’s hard to make a profit on anything when there’s hundreds, if not thousands of the same item being sold by other players.

All ANet needs to do is disable posting items from anywhere in the world. People are using the TP as a remote vendor for trash and that’s why it’s flooded.

One – Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nozgeth.9638

Nozgeth.9638

All ANet needs to do is disable posting items from anywhere in the world. People are using the TP as a remote vendor for trash and that’s why it’s flooded.

But Jezath, the “problem” of thousands of postings making hard to make a profit isn’t a problem at all! A large market creates price stability which is GOOD for the market and the consumer. Just not so good for middlemen re-sellers and other “merchants” who make their money through manipulation and upselling. I’m pleased as punch at the global economy.

But Tom is right, being able to post from anywhere is flooding the market with crap and leading to a lot of things being under-valued. I don’t know how these people are running out of bag space anyway; the deposit all collectibles option, and ability to vendor at every heart has kept my bags pretty empty. If you really do accumulate too much stuff then salvage it down into collectibles and deposit them!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ljeytl Krue.9362

The only problem is that the price of gems is going up considerably…