Gold for Gems?

Gold for Gems?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cetta.5064

cetta.5064

When is the best time do to so? I need 360 gems ( transmutation crystals ) but it will cost me 30g in doing so.. I do have 30g but I do not want to waste all of it seeing as I want to buy dye and my weapons

Gold for Gems?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Check around midday-pre daily reset. You can see the price change on gems if you look at the graph. Overall if gems are 10g =125gem or higher it is a good time to buy. That tend to happen right before patch day too.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Gold for Gems?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Check out the Exchange rate charts on GW2Spidy and see if you can spot a pattern with the rate is lowest during the day. Separate weekends and holidays from Monday-Thursday periods.

Problem right now is the daily sales. If something desirable goes on sale or returns, the price will spike up hard. At the very least checking out the daily chart will give you an idea if the current rate is above or below the running 24 hour average.

http://www.gw2spidy.com/gem

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Gold for Gems?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

First off there is the March sale going on so I would wait to buy them til they go on sale since that will save you a bunch. Past sales had the crystals at 20% off and 25% off, so for the 10 pack instead of 360gems you would need only 288gems (or less if it goes for 25%).

As for when to buy the gems itself is tricky since the sale is making the rate jump all over. You probably want to exchange the gold →gems before that day since the Crystals are a popular item and it might spike that day. Like Behllagh said Spidy can help you spotting daily trends or seeing what the month average is. Overall if I was exchanging right now, I would bite the bullet if I can get 100gems for ~8.4 gold (that’s around 25g for the 288 gems).