Gold to Gem conversion

Gold to Gem conversion

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: psyloken.6972

psyloken.6972

Q:

Not sure if this had been asked before, but is there going to be a cap or a ‘reset’ of the gold to gem conversion?

Or is this just going to keep getting higher as to force us to buy gems via real money?

“If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near.” ~Sun Tzu

Gold to Gem conversion

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

A:

No cap, the price will increase at an ever faster rate each time they introduce a new “must have” item at the exchange.

Remember that Gold to Gems was never meant to be the primary way to buy Gems for use at the Gem store. It’s meant to be a minor reward as well as a means to transfer gold to the exchange, getting it out of the active economy. That gold is then used to pay players who sell their Gems to the exchange.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Gold to Gem conversion

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

It’s presumably player driven (I only say presumably because we cannot see the nuts and bolts of the process but the trends seem to fit that assumption) so until the gem shop stops having stuff people want you’re probably going to see gems get more and more expensive in terms of gold. With new living story stuff ever 2 weeks/1 month it seems like they’ll probably always have something to entice.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

Gold to Gem conversion

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Right now, more people buy gems with in game gold.
The conversion rate will go down, once people use gems to obtain in game gold.

But with the ease of farming gold right now and the 10 day sales going on, i expect it to rise until the meta of the game changes.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Gold to Gem conversion

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

rate would not go down if not many people converting gems→gold….

with the current meta, it is a farming fest and gold are easy to get, so i say less people would convert gems→ gold. combine that with more people buying gems using gold from the farm fest, expect the gems price to go up….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Gold to Gem conversion

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Good luck ever seeing gold>gem at a reasonable rate again. They’re a business and need the Gem Shop sales to keep the operation going forward. The “anniversary sale” is something they hope will line their wallets more.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Gold to Gem conversion

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

This influx of loot/gold into the system makes me wonder what ANet has up its sleeve for the gold:gem thing. Knowingly making it more likely people will trade virtual gold rather than actual money for gems is quite the suspicious move.

Gold to Gem conversion

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

This influx of loot/gold into the system makes me wonder what ANet has up its sleeve for the gold:gem thing. Knowingly making it more likely people will trade virtual gold rather than actual money for gems is quite the suspicious move.

“Anet made it so hard to earn gold this game, because they want us to spend gems for gold!”

“Anet gave me so much gold and it’s raising the gold/gem exchange, because they want us to spend gems for gold!”

Suspicious indeed.

Gold to Gem conversion

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Still waiting for ANet to address this by offering a Tin Foil Hat in the Gem store.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Gold to Gem conversion

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Still waiting for it to hit 100 gems for 5 gold exchange rate before I start selling my gems.

Gold to Gem conversion

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

The upside this is that us who buy gems with money (yeah, I have a full-time job) will have it easier to get those fixed-price items. Such as T3 armor and Icy Runestones.

Not converting gems to gold yet, but if the rate keeps climbing like this it’s only a matter of time…

One – Piken Square

Gold to Gem conversion

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I remember when 30silver for 100 gems seemed expensive. lol. Now I look at it and laugh and laugh.
Glad I got some of the stuff I needed before it rose to insane conversion amounts. Would rather pay than waste hours farming gold in more cases.

Duty is heavier than death.