Gold to Gem exchange rate

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: James.7310

James.7310

I was wondering whether will the rate ever drop to maybe around 10g for 100gems because even if there is a sale going on, the rate is too high for me to convert my gold to gems and get the cool stuff on the store..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

they dont want your gold they want your creditcard – so no gem price will not drop^^

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Not until more players buy gems with cash and sell them for gold than players using their gold to buy gems.

So unlikely it will ever return to those levels.

Anyways items at the Gem Shop aren’t suppose to be free. Paying cash for gems is the primary means that the game is financed month to month. Buying gems with gold only lets them to finance the other side of the exchange so gold isn’t magically added to the game when a player converts gems to gold. It was once gold paid for gems.

And until balance is reached between sellers of gold and sellers of gems, the rate will continue to go up.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

climb baby climb. I’m just waiting for the day when I can drop $20 and get the rest of the gold I need for my precursor.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

climb baby climb. I’m just waiting for the day when I can drop $20 and get the rest of the gold I need for my precursor.

You’re gonna have to wait a long time for that. You only lose when converting gems to gold. Last night the rate was about 11G per 100Gems, but the other way ’round was much higher. So still not worth it.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

how exactly can you “lose” when you take $20 in cash, buy gems, and convert to gold?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Prices hit 100 gems for 13g last night when the Black Lion Keys went on sale. I kind of regret selling my gems too early now. XD

Ah well. I’ll just sit and wait for my next price ceiling (100 gems for 15g).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Unfortunately some one need to be paying real money to pay salary to the staff and make the investors happy.

If the gem price is too expensive, you can always pull out your credit card.