Goodbye to BL Weapon Skins... *WHAT?!*

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bruneitor.6350

bruneitor.6350

Ok, I´m pretty mad about this. I´ve been trying to save tickets little by little to get Dreamthistle weapons, and now I will never be able to get any of those, just because I don´t have the time to farm thousands of gold.
Not only Dreamthistle, but Love weapons, Jade Dragon weapons, Fused weapons and Aetherblade weapons. If those were extremely expensive before, I can´t imagine how much the prizes will rise. Not only these weapons were really expensive on the TP, but key farmers had it really difficult if they wanted to get ONE SINGLE SKIN by getting the 5 tickets. (I´m not even mentioning the Fused set, which is 7 tickets each weapon)

This is such a disappointment to a lot of people in the community. I don´t understand why you Anet would do that, removing content from the game, when you are the company that is always stating that new content is always up every two weeks. But what´s the worth of it if lots of us don´t even get the chance of getting to experience some of that content?
Or is this just another way of making fast money? It´s the only reason I can find for you to remove skins, that were supposedly permanent. “Hey, what can we do for cash?… Oh! Let´s remove some skins and then after a month or so we temporarily add one of the sets! People will go like mad to buy gems!
Some people say it´s because of space, they say they can´t set any more tabs. Well, create a secondary tab! It´s as easy as that. I just can´t believe that the reason was “space”.

I´m very dissappointed after this. Maybe I´ll reinstall the game in a few weeks, who knows…

(edited by bruneitor.6350)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I didn’t agree with them going away either, but ANet has not ruled out the skins ever returning again. I fully expect the Lovestruck weapons to come back on sale every Valentine’s Day, for example.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

The patch notes gave ample warning about their removal. However, they also said they will be removed for the rest of the year implying some sort of return in the future. I wouldn’t count it out.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Specifically they said: Source
“There are only four weeks left to use tickets for Lovestruck, Dragon’s Jade, Aetherblade, Fused, and Dreamthistle weapon sets. After November 18, these sets will no longer be available for purchase with Black Lion Claim Tickets this year.”

This leaves open the possibility (and imo the probability) that they will bring these skins back periodically for short periods of time. If you’ve noticed the way they sell skins in the gem store, many are brought back periodically for short periods of time then removed. It’s probable they are planning to do this to the BL tickets skins in order to keep interest in them fresh.

in Black Lion Trading Co

bruneitor.6350

Specifically they said: Source
“There are only four weeks left to use tickets for Lovestruck, Dragon’s Jade, Aetherblade, Fused, and Dreamthistle weapon sets. After November 18, these sets will no longer be available for purchase with Black Lion Claim Tickets this year.”

This leaves open the possibility (and imo the probability) that they will bring these skins back periodically for short periods of time. If you’ve noticed the way they sell skins in the gem store, many are brought back periodically for short periods of time then removed. It’s probable they are planning to do this to the BL tickets skins in order to keep interest in them fresh.

Yes, I agree, but that´s just a way of making more money. I can´t see how that is any good for the players. I could maybe understand the removal of Lovestruck weapons in order to be coherent to Saint Valentine´s day, but they could just have kept them there and when the day comes put them on sale for 1 ticket.
I´m a huge fan of this game, but all they do is encourage me not to. (Well not all they do, 2nd season of LS is awesome by the moment)
But the fact that Pact Airship weapons are BL skins is just another huge dissappointment. It´s not even coherent with in-game lore. What happened? Did the Pact suddenly decided to make their weapons a part of the market and sell them to Evon Gnashblade? It just doesn´t make sense.
These things are the ones that make me feel sort of scammed.

(edited by bruneitor.6350)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LadySwan.8751

LadySwan.8751

It is a bummer that they are gone, I especially love the Dreamthistle weapons (my favorite event) I was able to snatch up a bow from the Dreamthistle set and the Dragon’s jade set, but its so expensive… @ A @ (cost me an arm and a leg for the Dreamthistle bow alone) and there’s some other weapons from that set I wish I could’ve gotten

I kinda get the feeling that when they do bring them back.. it’ll be in a raffle like the halloween raffle.. makes me a little sad cause then the chance of gettin it is slim to none unless you stock up on wrappers..(if they do tht again)

blahhh.. I hope they do add them back in the future tho.

in Black Lion Trading Co

bruneitor.6350

It is a bummer that they are gone, I especially love the Dreamthistle weapons (my favorite event) I was able to snatch up a bow from the Dreamthistle set and the Dragon’s jade set, but its so expensive… @ A @ (cost me an arm and a leg for the Dreamthistle bow alone) and there’s some other weapons from that set I wish I could’ve gotten

I kinda get the feeling that when they do bring them back.. it’ll be in a raffle like the halloween raffle.. makes me a little sad cause then the chance of gettin it is slim to none unless you stock up on wrappers..(if they do tht again)

That´s what I mean. You can´t even buy new BL skins in fear that they´ll put out again the Dreamthistle weapons (for example, I want the greatsword really badly) and that you won´t have tickets to buy the weapons you want of the set you want.
And now that key farming is a constant leeching of gold (I rarely get whole tickets) it´s even more difficult.

T_T

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LadySwan.8751

LadySwan.8751

That´s what I mean. You can´t even buy new BL skins in fear that they´ll put out again the Dreamthistle weapons (for example, I want the greatsword really badly) and that you won´t have tickets to buy the weapons you want of the set you want.
And now that key farming is a constant leeching of gold (I rarely get whole tickets) it´s even more difficult.

T_T

I havent been able to get any tickets.. OTL only scraps and at that I’ve only gotten 1 so I had to buy some gems to exchange to gold to get the weapons //I’m so lame// but it was the only way I could cause I weighed my options and figured since I have super crappy luck when it comes to scraps and tickets I was assured more of a chance just payin up front. (it still cost me all of my gold I had saved before exchanging gems)

idk what to suggest to you if your not up for doin somethin like I did, but I wish you the best of luck if your really want that sword QAQ I FEEL YOUR PAIN <3

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

Well, They wrote on the news patches 4 weeks before removing them so people had lot of time to get them. 4 weeks are enough to make the money needed.
I believe that the sentence “this year” is just written cause they dont want to have problems with players in the future if they MAY gonna put those skins back. But I don’t really believe that they will put them back.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

4 weeks isnt enough time to get enough black lion keys though considering the low drap rate of scraps (i have barely seen any from chests).

Im always baffled when things are removed from the store or game like this. Im not understanding why the skins couldnt exist continuously for those who want them, especially now that collections encourage people to get them.

As a retailer of 20 years, i find it very strange, but hopefully they will come back

in Black Lion Trading Co

bruneitor.6350

Well, They wrote on the news patches 4 weeks before removing them so people had lot of time to get them. 4 weeks are enough to make the money needed.

In like two months I may be able to get one whole ticket (and that was before the new levelling patch, which is pretty discouraging for key farming now). At that rate I would have been able to get maybe two whole tickets? Maybe I would have got none, or maybe
I would have got six. It´s luck. (I just don´t think I can get six whole tickets in two months). Even though, there´s lots of people who cannot spend their whole day farming, I´m studying fine arts atm. For me the 4-weeks-before-announcement is just as crappy as the fact that the skins have been removed. (“Hey guys, do you really want to have those skins? Well, then you better start buying BL keys at the gemstore!)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

… but that´s just a way of making more money…

Um… of course?

You do know that ArenaNet is a business, right?

The main reason they exist is to make more money.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

bruneitor.6350

… but that´s just a way of making more money…

Um… of course?

You do know that ArenaNet is a business, right?

The main reason they exist is to make more money.

Well, yes, but when they first released GW2 they had their MMO Manifesto, where they established themselves as an “ethical company”, which has become pretty much nothing in the end.
I´m perfectly ok with them wanting to make money, but it just doesn´t feel right when the ONLY thing they care about is making money. These kinds of manipulative strategies make me not want to play the game.
It also reminds me of certain strategies like the ones Blizzard uses with WoW, where they keep adding season PvP sets with higher stats on them, or where they create a new dungeon/raid to get the newest tier that (of course) has always better stats on it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Well for Dragon’s Jade skins, as an example, those were out for 1 ticket, then went to 5 tickets, then went on sale for 1 ticket, now being removed. I’m sure they’ll be back at some point. Yes, it is for reasons of you buying gems. I mean, after all, if you’re just missing one or two skins, and then they come back at one ticket, won’t you be more willing to buy gems to get keys to get those missing skins? Can’t blame ANet for trying to make a buck, and really, it’s not the worst way to do it, since you can still get those skins in game, as I can assure you, there will be many people who have horded them since the news hit they’d be taken out.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

They had to remove all the the nicer sets. Glad I managed to grab the fused sword I pined for although it did cost me my stash of charged cores T_T I had 2 tickets saved up but was no where near to getting 5 tickets for a wep.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I´m perfectly ok with them wanting to make money, but it just doesn´t feel right when the ONLY thing they care about is making money.

I’m not quite sure you understand what the purpose of a “for-profit” business is.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

bruneitor.6350

I´m perfectly ok with them wanting to make money, but it just doesn´t feel right when the ONLY thing they care about is making money.

I’m not quite sure you understand what the purpose of a “for-profit” business is.

Mmmh… Ok. Let me put it this way. If they didn´t do things like the removal of the skin sets, or the rising of gems value just before they release stuff in the BLTCo, or the addition of Pact weapons as BL skins, or the reskinning of T3 human armor with fire effects on it as a Gemstore skin, or the resizing of male toxic shoulders to make them smaller once they get off the market… people would feel better about buying stuff in the gem store, and because of that spend more money there, more players would enjoy the game; the game would be recommended to players´friends and the ending result would be more money in the long term for Anet, and (maybe) a bit more of ethical satisfaction for them.
If you´re talking about making money as fast as possible and not caring about the long term benefits of doing things in benefit of the players, then you are pretty right. The thing is that there is no need to take these sort of strategies on, because in the long term, things can get bad for them as players get angry for stuff like this.
Also, I spend real money in outfits and some skins, but after things like this, I´m beginning to wonder if I really want to spend my money on this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

“If they didn´t do things like the removal of the skin sets” – have you seen the BL weapon merchant? I would believe them if they said they literally couldn’t fit future sets on there.

“or the rising of gems value just before they release stuff in the BLTCo” – players set that price. What happens is, they release awesome things, players really want awesome things, players convert kitten-tons of gold into gems to buy awesome things, gold -> gem price shoots up.

“or the addition of Pact weapons as BL skins” – what was the last fancy weapon set added that was not a BL skin? That’s how they add special weapons to the game. special armors seem to come from LS rewards, special weapons from BL tickets. the only non-BL set that comes to mind would be fractal weapons from like 2 years ago.

“or the reskinning of T3 human armor with fire effects on it as a Gemstore skin” – hehe, yeah. that was just pure laziness.

“or the resizing of male toxic shoulders to make them smaller once they get off the market… people would feel better about buying stuff in the gem store, and because of that spend more money there, more players would enjoy the game; the game would be recommended to players´friends and the ending result would be more money in the long term for Anet, and (maybe) a bit more of ethical satisfaction for them.” – I couldn’t agree more. A few times they have made changes to or released better things that just made you not want to buy anything from them for fear you will regret it – not because you had second thoughts, but because they changed it. It’s like releasing an iPhone 6, then 2 months later releasing an iPhone 7.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

No offense to the developers and the artists of these weapons as my post does not apply in that regard and is strictly about the pricing of tickets and the ability to get them. With that said getting these weapons has always been a joke to many. The pricing is ridiculous for anything more than 1 ticket even post initial release time frame. It takes far too long to get just one ticket from scraps let alone multiple. Not everyone key farms months on end and shouldn’t have to in order to get one skin. It is clear the powers that be that decide how to try to get us to spend money are responsible for this. It’s like movie theaters and crazy high concession prices. Hardly anyone paying high prices for or a lot of people paying reasonable prices for. They opt for the former when the later could profit the same or more and make more people happy. And I let my money speak for me and refuse to use it to obtain these skins just like I do at the theaters and refuse to buy concessions. I don’t even buy them off the TP from others who have got them and listed them. Unfortunately not enough people have done the same and we are stuck with this until more people voice their dislike of the way things are with them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Gem prices increase before Anet releases new items because people anticipate it (since it almost always happens on Tuesdays) and start converting gold to gems beforehand.

“or the addition of Pact weapons as BL skins” – what was the last fancy weapon set added that was not a BL skin? That’s how they add special weapons to the game. special armors seem to come from LS rewards, special weapons from BL tickets. the only non-BL set that comes to mind would be fractal weapons from like 2 years ago.

Ambrite weapons, for the record.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

Gem prices increase before Anet releases new items because people anticipate it (since it almost always happens on Tuesdays) and start converting gold to gems beforehand.

Mistforged/Hero weapons
Ascended weapons

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Black Lion Trading Co

bruneitor.6350

Mistforged/Hero weapons
Ascended weapons

It´s not the fact that they are releasing a new set of BL skins, but the fact that that set is tied directly to in-game lore. Some of you may say “well, dreamthistle or aetherblade weapons are also tied into in-game lore”, but the fact is that all those weapons were supposedly our enemies´weapons.
It doesn´t make ANY sense to sell them as BL skins, since they are Pact weapons, and the Pact has nothing to do with Evon Gnashblade nor his company. It´s absolutely senseless to sell them as BL skins, we have even seen npc´s carrying those around.
Almost everyone thought that those skins were going to be obtainable as some kind of reward for advancing against Mordremoth. This is immersion breaking, and just doesn´t make any sense.
If they had called them Dragonfly weapons, for example, and none of the Pact soldiers had been using them I wouldn´t care at all about them being sold at the BLTCo.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

To be fair it is rather easy to justify the being BL skins in lore.

Evon simply sold them to the Pact in order to help with the war against Mordremoth.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Mistforged/Hero weapons
Ascended weapons

Sovereign weapons, too.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

Mistforged/Hero weapons
Ascended weapons

Sovereign weapons, too.

Storm Wizard’s
King Toad’s
Super Weapon’s

Edit: Guhracie (below) said Zenith which reminded me of the Pinnacle weapons. These are rewards starting at 29k achievement points.

(Ambrite from Hyper Cutter as the quote system cuts out that one)

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Zenith weapons.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Pinacle weapons for 29k+ AP

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

bruneitor.6350

Yep. After all those additions, there is no reason for making pact weapons something related to BLTCo.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Yep. After all those additions, there is no reason for making pact weapons something related to BLTCo.

What would you rather they put in the store?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

bruneitor.6350

What would you rather they put in the store?

Anything that´s non-related to the Pact. If Evon Gnashblade sold those weapons to the Pact, and we all are “the Commander”, then we should have been able to get one.
It would be just ok if they gave us a different weapon set and make the Pact weapons obtainable through LS.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

On the bright side, if they do release these weapons again they’ll likely cost two tickets instead of five or seven. I’ve been waiting a long time for the Winter set to come back, and here it is

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Weren’t the Winter skins already cheaper than the others? (3 as opposed to 5.) That suggests that when they come back, they’ll probably be back at a small discount, so maybe 3 or 4 tickets each.

But yeah, it would make sense for ANet to bring back some weapon sets, especially those with ties to seasonal or real world holidays. (I’m calling it now; Lovestruck weapons will be back in February for Valentine’s Day.)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Weren’t the Winter skins already cheaper than the others? (3 as opposed to 5.) That suggests that when they come back, they’ll probably be back at a small discount, so maybe 3 or 4 tickets each.

But yeah, it would make sense for ANet to bring back some weapon sets, especially those with ties to seasonal or real world holidays. (I’m calling it now; Lovestruck weapons will be back in February for Valentine’s Day.)

Well the Halloween weapons were 5 tickets and got reduced to 2. So hopefully the new trend. Lets face it, 5 tickets is too much for a weapon if it takes about 50€ of keys per ticket.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

Now if only they would bring the Fused weapons back for a while and for 2 tickets, instead of that completely unreasonable 7 tickets.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

They might bring the fused weps back. They like to circulate more of an item into the market. Might do the same with the molten jetpack too. But yea the winter weapons finally came back so there’s proof.

Säïnt

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

This game is focused in skins , by removing them make them more special . and a lot of people like to show skins like special things etc…

They costed 1 ticket , but long time ago, if you wasnt playing the game in those times isnt Anet fault.