Graphical Glitch with Aetherblade Armor?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SeasThyDay.7398

SeasThyDay.7398

I’ve been previewing the Aetherblade Medium and Light Skins, playing with dyes on the boots. All of the dyes appear darker on the mid region of the boots (light green becomes dark green, etc), but all red dyes appear to be black.

Wrath Dye is an example of this. Wrath Dye is a medium hue red dye that appears to be pitch black (like midnight ice) on the light boots and a light black (abyss) on the medium boots. If you dye the boots entirely red what happens is you get some hue-appropriate red lines on the boots outlining an otherwise black boot.

Aside from this matter concerning primarily red dyes, I’ve noticed that there seem to be ever-present faint red lines on the seams of the armor no matter what dye you use (if you use Abyss dye you can see what I mean).

What I would like to know, is whether either of these things are considered glitches, or if there are no changes planned to be made to the armor.

Edit: I’ve been previewing the dyes on the armor, and I haven’t gotten my hands on it just yet, but I would assume any preview exhibits the same glitches as the real armor itself.

(edited by SeasThyDay.7398)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Not all armor pieces are “constructed” out of the same material. Leather interacts with light differently than cloth or metal. Not all metal reflects like as if chromed and the application of a dye isn’t like the paint job on a car with a nice glossy clear coat.

So beyond how light interacts with the material it’s “made” of, armors are also “tinted” in the grey scale to simulate fine texture. So when dye is applied, it can appear darker on the piece as a whole or just localized areas, than if the armor had no tint at all.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SeasThyDay.7398

SeasThyDay.7398

Yes, I understand that. Normally though, on all armors sets, red is not the blackest black. I really have no problem with the armor the way it is, except for the red lines. It seems that because there is already a red tint applied to the armor it causes medium red to be the color of midnight ice on medium armor (not blue, but the darkest black).