Guaranteed 300% >>Unethical<< Flip

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Basic vendor items such as Dull Hatchet or Dull Knife are un-salvageable and un-flushable in the Mystic Toilet.

Buy these from the armor or weapon vendor, put up with a lower-than-the-salvageable-versions price on the TP and simultaneously post a buy order for 1/3 or even lower that.

This has been going on since day 1 and has been posted numerous times, so it’s not an exploit.

When users buy these unaware they are useless for the two purposes listed above, they will turn them right back around to recoup at LEAST a part of their loss.

Caveat emptor. Except in some cases, the unsalvageables have the exact same name as salvageables, so bait and switch works nicely.

NOW maybe some attention to these can be paid – I have posted twice in the past year about this problem and there are numerous other posts all over the official forums about it. My mistake was addressing it as a problem – maybe addressing it as a trading strategy will get it fixed?

These items should be un-TP-able OR labelled in such a way the consumer knows what (s)he is buying.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I support this request. No one in their right mind would buy white armor on the TP for any other reason than to salvage it. It’s inconceivable why this has not been fixed yet. It invites exploitation of the unaware. And everybody is unaware at first. You can only learn about this through falling in someone’s trap.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Your only hope is that this post makes it so prevalent that Anet must do something about it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: The Meat Wagon.7194

The Meat Wagon.7194

I’ll have to try this. Thanks for the tip.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arcan Soulstorm.4356

Arcan Soulstorm.4356

Till then, the items mentioned should be of basic rarity and a level divisible by five.

in Black Lion Trading Co

KarateKid.5648

Your only hope is that this post makes it so prevalent that Anet must do something about it.

I tried using a subject line that would be controversial – thought maybe that’d get some attention.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Them copper profits.

Ranger | Elementalist

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

TPvP, once a person makes the mistake once they’ll not make it again.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xarog.3172

Xarog.3172

Bumping for great justice. I discovered this on Thursday, much to my detriment.

in Black Lion Trading Co

KarateKid.5648

Interesting – while playing around with the Mystic Forge – you can actually create yet another strain of these yourself – that strain is also divisible by 5, but CAN be flushed down the Mystic Toilet, but CANNOT be salvaged…