Guess what? Yet another Key sale.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I was wondering why the exchange rate spiked.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

Well with key sales comes the speculation there may be new BL weapon skins following shortly after. So many will be stocking up on scraps or pray for the rare full tickets. Even if sometimes the gold to gems used to buy the keys could probably buy a whole bunch of skins from TP.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

weeeee
I last bought gems back in december for 6.8g/100gems
I could now sell them for a profit but I won’t, because then I’d need to buy replacements for 10g to buy my BLSKs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Well with key sales comes the speculation there may be new BL weapon skins following shortly after. So many will be stocking up on scraps or pray for the rare full tickets. Even if sometimes the gold to gems used to buy the keys could probably buy a whole bunch of skins from TP.

Yep.

Looking at the stats for BL chests, it averages out to 49 keys for 10 scraps. Assuming that someone gets a ticket with an average number of tries, with a current price of ~3293 gems for the 49 keys. 100 gold gets you ~983 gems so ~335 gold will get you the 3293 gems.

Considering most weapons sell for less than 100 gold, at least until several months after they are released, buying gems with gold to buy tickets for scraps is not cost effective.

The price with real money isn’t better. It would cost $42 USD to buy the 2 sets of 25 keys for 3360 gems to get a reasonable chance to get 10 scraps.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cerberus.4315

Cerberus.4315

anyone know how long the keys will be on sale?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I’m guessing through the weekend.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

We’ll get new skins soon enough, and lose 2 sets. Some might argue that those 2 sets weren’t or aren’t that popular but they are getting removed from the vendor all the same.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

-_-…..wth would you buy the keys, it’s a lure to make you spend gems on useless crap.
better save some for actual useful stuff like new armor skins or character slots, garanteed purchases are more worth it then the gamble BLC’s give.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

These sales are traps. I’m done buying keys. The good stuff is way to rare and I’m sick of getting nothing but worthless boosters and repair canisters.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

Over the history of my GW2 experience, i’ve probably used close to / over 60 BLC Keys, having never spent any gems on any of them. That being said, the only truly significant things i’ve gotten from these keys is a single absolute makeover kit, and three scraps.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I’m positive both weapons groups will be back as soon as anet thinks there is money to be made by bringing them back.

In fact, making the Wintersday weapons non seasonal in the first place was probably a mistake.

But I’m here to plug the Wintersday greatsword.

The GS looks underwhelming in the pictures on Dulfy, but the glow is actually quite strong. I impulse bought one for 600 gems when it was first offered, and didn’t actually use the skin until the wardrobe came out (account bound, couldn’t sell), and I was surprised to find the glow as least as luminous as the AC Greatsword, but also glowing during the day (And double glowing skinned on top of an AC Greatsword).

I don’t have any Wintersday weapons to sell, I just wanted to say that they look a lot better in game than the dulfy preview.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I agree with Nek, many of the wintersday ones seems a little underwhelming at the time, but I’ve seen them on a few players now and a number of them look really nice, and give off a nice glow / snow animation.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I agree with Nek too. If there’s money to be made, most likely Anet will bring them back at some point. Reminds me of the time they brought back the ‘limited time’ dyes and lost over 300 gold

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Marndeis.7815

Marndeis.7815

I was wondering why my BL CHEST Drop rates SKYROCKETED lately. Clearly they are trying to entice me to buy keys to get rid of that Bank Slot that’s piling up.