Guide on how to rule the economy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: guide.1487

guide.1487

Hey everyone I’m Almar of AlmarsGuides.com; you may recognize my name as I have been making guides for Gw2 since shortly after release. This guide is one of my newer ones that I am quite proud of since it helps not only people playing gw2 make money but really people playing any mmorpg/wanting to play with any market they can find. Now don’t worry, I haven’t put this guide together in some annoying format where you have to read through 400 pages to get useful information, it’s all here in this video!

A little bit about me incase you are saying to yourself ‘who does this guy think he is? Coming into my forums and boasting about this crap?!? Get him boys!’ What I do in games is play with economies, whether I can make them bend to my will, crash them or just simply make enough gold to please myself. I dislike grouping and I dislike raiding. What i like to do is farm and play with the economies and occasionally PvP when I get bored of farming.

If you watch my video you’ll know that this giant nerd knows what he is talking about with economies. You don’t even have to watch the video if you don’t want too, just pop it open in a different tab and listen in, if you’re disappointed I will come to your house and give you a back rub for the time you spent listening to my video, ultimately returning your lost time too you. Honestly, I’ll do it!!

Good luck and happy hunting everyone!

Your number one source for Guild Wars 2 Guides and Information:

http://almarsguides.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rogacz.9865

Rogacz.9865

I haven’t put this guide together in some annoying format where you have to read through 400 pages to get useful information,

I very much prefer written guides to youtube videos because they are easier to skim and to lookup particular information.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I didn’t find this video remotely useful, the first 7 minutes it just you saying omnomberry bar every five words :\

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

its a good guide. everything is spot on ( part from the " not needing to know the game" but you are right on the psychology part). You need to know the game in order to make these kind of predicts. u need to know that omnnom berry are very sought after, you need to know how they are farmed, you need to know the changes in future updates, you need to know everything about the thing you plan on investing in in order to make a good decision.

although it is a good guide and all that. it’s not a guide of how to “dominate” or “rule” the market. sure you get some nice money from it. but in order to dominate or rule a market you need to manipulate it. and this guide is more or less about riding a manipulation already being done by Anet.

its a very good general game guide, i’ve done this in a multitude of games. but it can’t be applied to GW2 that much. why? because we have yet to see some patch notes before the actual patch. but i guess that this can be done partly even though the entire game already knows it.

and even though i can agree with Protoavis that you say omnom berry allot i don’t find this video even remotely unusefull ( and i already knew this stuff). it’s good general gamer-knowledge.

in Black Lion Trading Co

guide.1487

I didn’t find this video remotely useful, the first 7 minutes it just you saying omnomberry bar every five words :\

Omnom nom nom nom

in Black Lion Trading Co

guide.1487

its a good guide. everything is spot on ( part from the " not needing to know the game" but you are right on the psychology part). You need to know the game in order to make these kind of predicts. u need to know that omnnom berry are very sought after, you need to know how they are farmed, you need to know the changes in future updates.

I said know the game as in exactly how you described it, not know the game as in all the dungeons, full ‘raid gear’ or something like that. Knowing the game one way and knowing it another way was the distinction I was trying to make.

and this guide is more or less about riding a manipulation already being done by Anet.

It was an example of something. You could listen in on what the most popular youtube personality has to say and he may recommend buying X item for low level chars and everyone does it or someone may make a forum post saying they had great success making X item while leveling a char to use as a weapon or as a potion.

Again, the point I was making was to pay attention, which is a bit ironic in this sense.

its a very good general game guide, i’ve done this in a multitude of games. but it can’t be applied to GW2 that much. why? because we have yet to see some patch notes before the actual patch. but i guess that this can be done partly even though the entire game already knows it.

Again, not just patch notes that you need to look for. And you haven’t done this in multiple games, by the way you type and the general way you carry yourself you’re very uneducated and incapable of critical thinking which would be a major part of doing this.

and even though i can agree with Protoavis that you say omnom berry allot i don’t find this video even remotely unusefull ( and i already knew this stuff). it’s good general gamer-knowledge

I don’t understand as your grammar is bad and you’re saying two totally different things.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

its a good guide. everything is spot on ( part from the " not needing to know the game" but you are right on the psychology part). You need to know the game in order to make these kind of predicts. u need to know that omnnom berry are very sought after, you need to know how they are farmed, you need to know the changes in future updates.

I said know the game as in exactly how you described it, not know the game as in all the dungeons, full ‘raid gear’ or something like that. Knowing the game one way and knowing it another way was the distinction I was trying to make.

and this guide is more or less about riding a manipulation already being done by Anet.

It was an example of something. You could listen in on what the most popular youtube personality has to say and he may recommend buying X item for low level chars and everyone does it or someone may make a forum post saying they had great success making X item while leveling a char to use as a weapon or as a potion.

Again, the point I was making was to pay attention, which is a bit ironic in this sense.

Again, not just patch notes that you need to look for. And you haven’t done this in multiple games, by the way you type and the general way you carry yourself you’re very uneducated and incapable of critical thinking which would be a major part of doing this.

and even though i can agree with Protoavis that you say omnom berry allot i don’t find this video even remotely unusefull ( and i already knew this stuff). it’s good general gamer-knowledge

I don’t understand as your grammar is bad and you’re saying two totally different things.

Wow dude… way to attack the guy sticking up for you…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ozzel.5634

Ozzel.5634

nice guild …
may I ask you for something …. can you predict price of mystic coins ? (up/down/steady)
I have some coins for sale and I’m guessing when to start selling

SFR

in Black Lion Trading Co

guide.1487

Wow dude… way to attack the guy sticking up for you…

I wasn’t attacking him and I barely understood anything he said in the first place. I apologize to him if it seemed like an attack, and after re reading it, it did seem a bit brash. But honestly I don’t really need anyone to stick up for me; that would imply the content I made needs ‘sticking up’ if that even makes sense.

It’s all good though, if the only complaint people have/can find is I said a word too much during the video I guess I must have done a really good job!

in Black Lion Trading Co

guide.1487

nice guild …
may I ask you for something …. can you predict price of mystic coins ? (up/down/steady)

If you can link me the Database page for the coins so I can look at the chart of their pricing I can do my best to help you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

nice guild …

Might as well all try this one – disclaimer: I hold about 6 stacks as part of my “inflation busting” investments.

I see mystic coins becoming a severe bottleneck in the future given that they are one of the few in game resources which cannot be “farmed” effectively. Sure many people don’t use them but every legendary requires on average @250, there are a multitude of recipes which use 20-100 of them, and future content updates for ascended items are likely to incorporate them as a component.

Ascended items took over 30K out of circulation in a week, current supply on the TP hovers at @12K (yes, I know the numbers are far higher than that)…its possible that the price on these will explode by March given that there just isn’t the volume to support another set of Ascended style weapons, let alone the demand for the Mystic Clover recipes if a scavenger hunt is introduced.

I would buy now if you plan on going for ascended items or a legendary and personally hold stacks in the expectation that the price will outstrip general inflation.

Edit: Just realized that it was the karka event that accounted for the 30K drop and that ascended items only require a minimal number of coins, hence the increased demand is only really likely with the scavenger update.

(edited by morphemass.2850)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ozzel.5634

Ozzel.5634

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Coin
vs
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dusk

What you think ? What is the best “inflation busting” investments.?

P.S.
Thanks for your opinion morphemes

SFR

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I liked this video, good job.

It doesn’t necessarily have information you can immediately use today to make more money, but it does a very good job of encouraging people to consider how changes in the game can affect prices that aren’t immediately obvious.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

and even though i can agree with Protoavis that you say omnom berry allot i don’t find this video even remotely unusefull ( and i already knew this stuff). it’s good general gamer-knowledge.

I think my stance largely boils down to nothing in it is relevant to how I made 4digits worth of gold (which really did get down to dominating marks). No psychology was needed, no predictions, it was just a case of looking at what recipes sold at a profit and then buying 10’s of thousand of base mats and having a field day with it.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

fair enough.

I did understand it was an example. it would be plain stupid to do a video about a specific item as it would only crash the market around that item.
all i said was "this guide is more or less about riding a manipulation already being done by Anet. " not that this doesn’t work in this specific example. maybe i could have made my point clearer if i replaced the word “riding” with “taking advantage of”.
my point with this was that this guide does not show you how to manipulate the market or alter it in anyway. it’s simply taking advantage of that it already is being manipulated.

funny, cause i have. how you “know” i haven’t is beyond me.

by the way i type and how i generally carry myself have NOTHING to do with my education and my capability of critical thinking. its about the language. my native is Swedish and we have very different languages. sure, there might be swedes out there speaking very good English, but i don’t. most of the time people understand me. and sometimes they don’t. a simple “sorry, i did’t quite understand” is enough. but what you just say is just stupid. how a person could draw that conclusion from a forum where there is people that have learned its language as a second or even third language is also beyond me.

sigh.

btw you don’t have to reply as i wont be back to this topic. And i removed my like from your video.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

btw you don’t have to reply as i wont be back to this topic. And i removed my like from your video.

Oh burn! He won this one! [/sarcasm]

I haven’t watched the video yet but will soon. Thanks in advance.

RIP in peace Robert

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

Hey everyone I’m Almar of AlmarsGuides.com; you may recognize my name as I have been making guides for Gw2 since shortly after release. This guide is one of my newer ones that I am quite proud of since it helps not only people playing gw2 make money but really people playing any mmorpg/wanting to play with any market they can find. Now don’t worry, I haven’t put this guide together in some annoying format where you have to read through 400 pages to get useful information, it’s all here in this video!

A little bit about me incase you are saying to yourself ‘who does this guy think he is? Coming into my forums and boasting about this crap?!? Get him boys!’ What I do in games is play with economies, whether I can make them bend to my will, crash them or just simply make enough gold to please myself. I dislike grouping and I dislike raiding. What i like to do is farm and play with the economies and occasionally PvP when I get bored of farming.

If you watch my video you’ll know that this giant nerd knows what he is talking about with economies. You don’t even have to watch the video if you don’t want too, just pop it open in a different tab and listen in, if you’re disappointed I will come to your house and give you a back rub for the time you spent listening to my video, ultimately returning your lost time too you. Honestly, I’ll do it!!

Are you the guy who constantly mentions that he enjoys manipulating the markets and then attempts the become the good samaritan in educating us here about how to do the same?

Are you also the guy who constantly posts on gw2db with your adds to lure people into buying HIGHLY manipulated products?
Link: http://www.gw2db.com/items/19752-elaborate-totem-s#related:comments

Build some credibility in the community before posting guides.

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

in Black Lion Trading Co

guide.1487

Are you the guy who constantly mentions that he enjoys manipulating the markets and then attempts the become the good samaritan in educating us here about how to do the same?

Are you also the guy who constantly posts on gw2db with your adds to lure people into buying HIGHLY manipulated products?
Link: http://www.gw2db.com/items/19752-elaborate-totem-s#related:comments

Build some credibility in the community before posting guides.

I rarely play Gw2 anymore and I have never bought and resold those types of items.

I do find it comical that you think it’s all one big conspiracy though, it’s funny how many people think i am so obsessed with this game that I would lure people into buying items/selling I have stocked up on.

Ever think that I make money off the videos I post on Youtube and the bigger picture isn’t me being a ‘good samaritan’ but instead me making videos and posting them on Youtube so I can eat and pay the bills?

Guess that never crossed your mind, huh?

So while you’re right, I am doing this for MONEY, you’re completely wrong with why. I can give out my information and all of the trade secrets because each and every view on Youtube makes me REAL money. I don’t care about some copper, silver or gold in Gw2, I want the real deal which is why giving away all of my trade secrets comes so easy.

(edited by guide.1487)

in Black Lion Trading Co

guide.1487

I made a part 2 giving more examples for this guide and also made a whole other video giving more examples and breaking it down even with visuals for anyone who would like to use/see that other information.

Part 2 of the gw2 video – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJP04lkpsr4

Other Video of me talking about this same subject – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqo7QZV75v0

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: demonwing.5843

demonwing.5843

I hate pointlessly bashing people who try to provide community content (even if it isn’t necessarily top-notch quality) but bro you need to drop the attitude and stop coming off as a giant kitten. You brashly assert that others are “uneducated” and unintellectual when you have the rhetorical skills of an idiot. It was legitimately frustrating listening to you try to speak. You also have the nerve to ridicule those who value in-game currency when you’re ENTIRE GUIDE is on making in-game currency. Making fun of your target audience is a bit insane wouldn’t you think? Finally here’s a reality check smallson: you aren’t making kitten off of your youtube channel. 3k subs (bare minimum required for pay-out) with less than 1k views per week? Enjoy your check for $2.50 at the end of the month.

As for the actual guide, it’s full of extremely obvious and overly vague examples and information. You hardly need a 14 minute video to cover what you covered. In addition, your general conclusions are way too long-term and require way too much capital to be usable by a vast majority of the playerbase (and, frankly, if they did have the capital or diligence required to pursue some of your investment concepts, they surely already know everything you have to say anything).

Good effort, though. I truly hope you do somehow eat and pay your bills off of your guides.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

how to make money with the TP guide:
1) Find items
2) Onomberry
3) ????
4) profit!

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

Just some feedback concerning the first video to help you with your guides in the future. A guide to making guides, if you will.

As you do mention that you create content for money, undoubtedly the stakes are higher and thus raising the quality of the content is a very good time investment.

- Organize your thoughts and write what you want to say down on a piece of paper. Rehearse it at least once, and play it back. Listen to how it sounds. It is not difficult to understand you, but your content structure is very loopy and long-winded. Often you’ll find 5 or 6 takes will help your guide become far more streamlined.

This tends to be fine when you write content, as the reader is free to skip and skim. With a video, it is very difficult to do these things, and still maintain a good sense of where you are in the guide.

- Your advice is not wrong, but I do cringe every time you use the word advanced. Ignoring the obvious auditory abrasion of hearing the same word repeated many times in a short span, most of your guide’s advice is extremely basic and revolves around one concept.

Don’t get me wrong – I don’t disapprove. Not everyone here demonstrates a basic grasp of market forces. Even the most rudimentary advice can help someone, not to mention that the overall sense of your piece promotes thinking outside the scope of a single set of items.

Still, spending 14 minutes getting that point across is a little bit much.

If you want an example of what I regard to be “advanced” market mechanics, you can send me a PM. Maybe it is something you would like to look into, but it probably will not make for ‘guide’ material.

- You may want more than one practical example.

For those who did not watch the video, but still would like the summary, it is here:
____(start)
The main idea is to widen your vision. If a new, possibly valuable item is about to be released, do not focus on only the item itself or the components that create it.

Consider the impact of the item itself on the global supply in general(In his example, it is a new 100% MF food, which would increase world drops, and thus decrease average material price).

Consider heavier foot traffic in the areas where the item’s components might be harvested, and what other surpluses that may cause (For example, if something needs X, check out what other mats are harvested near X, and assume that supply will raise).

Consider the value of the items it might be replacing (In his example, this is the 40% MF Omnomberry bar, which will become obsolete, unless players value the gold find property more)
—- (end)

For making gold, that in itself is a bit vague.
However, what I do approve of is to get people thinking about the connections between various items, and what drives their supply and demand. Even if you spend 14 minutes to state what is in those 9 sentences above, it’s still the right message.

(edited by LFk.1408)

in Black Lion Trading Co

guide.1487

I’ve added two more videos (ones displaying me speaking instead of Gw2 directly) and also drew some pictures to help explain a few different things within these videos.

Part 1 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqo7QZV75v0

Part 2 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Q-mTr0Kzw

They both are just as long but it’s hard to shorten them (for me at least) because I am very passionate when it comes to talking about things that I love and as odd as it may seem, markets are something I have always loved. I just love the concept of the smallest ripple in the pond can have so many different effects even on the complete opposite end.

If you guys have any questions feel free to shoot me a line on my videos, i always do my best to answer!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Manatee Nymph.8261

Manatee Nymph.8261

thanx, usefull to a TP noob like myself

nem·e·sis
/?nem?sis/
The inescapable or implacable agent of someone’s or something’s downfall.

in Black Lion Trading Co

guide.1487

I have tons more videos in the works that go over information via the TP and even some farming locations currently being worked on.

If you haven’t come here to troll and find the information in this thread helpful, stay tuned for updates tomorrow!

in Black Lion Trading Co

guide.1487

Also for all of those interested I created a playlist for my Gw2 videos. Pretty much every video I have made is in there!!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP8DUXJjLdVv_UEBhpKFWwFd3EQiGiTLv