Hate money?

Hate money?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tken.1986

Tken.1986

or You hate giving them money?

Anet hate money? Seeing this made me frustrated. I think its the opposite. They need it.

People who spend gems to buy things should have the right to give opinion, BUT not everyone has the right to complain. People who convert gold to gem shouldn’t be complaining. You are basically obtaining things for free. It is the people who paid for the gems should be complaining. They give money in hope of getting better product and service. I know some people do not have the chance to farm gold 24/7, so they paid money. I am the type that do not enjoy gold farm or play trading post games. I am willing to pay money when Anet presents something I like.

I fear that gold to gem system will slowly ruin the game. As casual players who willing to paid money gradually decreasing and hardcore players farm gold to get everything they want, the company will slowly lose its financial support. That would then leads to unable to deliver quality content. Maybe I’m exaggerating, but I really don’t see gold to gem system as a good thing.

(edited by Tken.1986)

Hate money?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Husanak.3769

Husanak.3769

People who spend gems to buy things should have the right to give opinion, BUT not everyone has the right to complain. People who convert gold to gem shouldn’t be complaining. You are basically obtaining things for free.

I’m not really sure what it is your on about. This part however you are not really right on. People that convert game currency to pay currency are in fact drivers of the economy. By playing the game and earning gold, or working the market and pooling the games resources they make it attractive for people with $ to buy Gems to convert to game currency. Without those types of players people would be much less incentivised to in fact spend any $ at all.

If anything the people who on a consistent basis convert game currency to pay currency are in fact MORE important to the fiscal stability of Anet. So yes there thoughts would be just as and perhaps even more important to the Devs.

Hate money?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

@husanak ths person is self absorbed. He thinks his way of playing is more important than another persons. Typical ego.

He also doesn’t realize that his attitude, if Anet shared it, would entirely disenfranchise a large percentage of the playerbase. The more “hardcore” players too.

Hate money?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

this argument has bin brought up countless times and it’s constantly justified by both parties, they are equally important but only the true paying players give money.

Hate money?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

NCSoft earned $32 million US 4th quarter of last year off of GW2. That is above and beyond operational and development costs, they also beat expectations. Their system not only works, it works well.

Hate money?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

There will always be more people not buying gems then actually buying gems. There’s a number of reason, but these players aren’t useless. As long as they play, they help fill PvP, WvW and PvE, thus making it a more fuller gaming experience for those that do support ANet with money.

Hate money?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

If anything the people who on a consistent basis convert game currency to pay currency are in fact MORE important

Never! Players that spend actual money on the game will always be THE MOST important players in game. Paying customers keep the company and the servers running. Without external sources of revenue to the company, that’s the bottom line.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Hate money?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I fear that gold to gem system will slowly ruin the game.

Then you don’t understand how the gold to gem system helps the WHOLE playerbase as a deflationary measure.

I am very pleased that Anet has decided to find a way to remove HUGE volumes of gold from the system by allowing players to buy gems with it. I’m also pleased with gemstore because it means I don’t have to pay a monthly sub. Each group of people is important for different reasons. Anyone that says otherwise needs to educate themselves.

While I’m biased towards the people that pay RL money for gems, this game would be unplayable in a few years if the gold -> gem people didn’t exist either. Neither is more important than the other, just different.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Hate money?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

This model they are using keep the player base big,pay to win games usually dont last long

Hate money?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

It’s working I think, I had to map money today to get the on sale aetherblade armor, because I didn’t want to pay the large chunk of gold it would have taken, lol.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Hate money?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

This model they are using keep the player base big,pay to win games usually dont last long

Good thing that isn’t GW2.

Hate money?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Yes A.Net hates money

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Hate money?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Husanak.3769

Husanak.3769

If anything the people who on a consistent basis convert game currency to pay currency are in fact MORE important

Never! Players that spend actual money on the game will always be THE MOST important players in game. Paying customers keep the company and the servers running. Without external sources of revenue to the company, that’s the bottom line.

Its not that simple. Frankly the people more important to the fiscal health of a MMO are the people that in fact do not pay any $ at all. The “hard core” element that play for hours every day and “earn” all the games goodies. They are what drive people with $ who don’t have hours a day to give there $ to Anet.

It is also very clear that anet gets that… which is why they are turning 30+ million per quarter profits with a none sub mmo.

As long as the game has a healthy number of the “hardcore” players that are willing to grind and drive the economy. Anet wins. A strong in game economy means new players, or those without tons of time to spend playing… will find it much easier to throw some $ at the exchange market at find themselves flush in others surplus in game currency.

Look at how they set up there market and its clear they understand who drives the flow of $ into the game. Anytime a “hardcore” player thows 35g into the pot to grab an extra bag slot or whatever it is they want… Anet is making money.

The key is keeping the balance at a point where the hardcore people KEEP playing and keep the economy high enough that a reasonable amount of in game currency can be had for a reasonable amount of real life currency. If the number of grindcore people drops to low the economy would falter and the overall amount of $ coming in would slide. On the other side of things, they need to keep things just far enough on the grind end of the scale to entice those with extra $ / not enough time / or both… to find value in simply buying form the store or converting for gold.

Think I am saying both are important and neither can be ignored because if Anet looses to much of either… they die. Simple as that.