Here is why Guild Wars 2 needs Mounts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Baroze.8547

Baroze.8547

Agreed wanze I think we are all awaiting how this benefits the overall gw2 player base or the game team in general

Commander Lord Baroze guild leader of the legion of aku ma Guardian and Protector of Fissure of woe

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

I think most people are in favor of cosmetic mounts. I for one would adore a Siege Turtle mount on my way to take down Oakheart.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

C’mon stop this nonsense. We don’t need mounts. What we need is taxfree tp travel within the same map.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alfador.7649

Alfador.7649

So you just buy a mount in the gem store and fly to the end of all jumping puzzles?

Sounds like a great and well thought out idea that nobody had before you.

Just about all MMOs have mounts.
However, breeding and customizing mounts with crafted armor and dye are features that would be pretty unique.
Also cheating to fly across puzzles with mounts would be another great perk of having a mount. As a kid I used to like platform games, but just don’t care for them much anymore.

So its basically paying for cheating? You are trolling right?
And as soon as mounts buff you in any way, Anet has to rebalance their whole pve content.

Uh yeah it did. Why do you think in the new expansion you can’t fly for the first month? Because it trivializes content and even Blizzard thinks that. Flying mounts no, buffing mounts no, mounts in general yes

I still have to find a single argument in this topic, how the introduction of customizable mounts benefits the general player base or enhances the gameplay.

I’m looking for that too, and not seeing any at all. As far as I can tell mounts are just an unnecessary extra upgrade everyone would have to work for. They would dilute the game world more, and making them gemstore items would just introduce a genuine pay to win mechanic. They’re fine for many games, but they have no place in GW2. The world is already built perfectly around foot traffic, and there’s no reason to change it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

there is no argument, are you blind?
i would like to travel in a more immersive way, quick travel is way to cheap a way and running everywhere makes the game all that more boring.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

I don’t understand, if “running everywhere makes the game all that more boring”, how would a mount make a difference? you’re still running everywhere, even if you had a mount.

how is a mount more immersive than running on foot?

yeah those are serious questions, because I really don’t understand how it would be different in any way.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

in Black Lion Trading Co

Baroze.8547

ive come to find reading these posts that they just dont think about what they type, just plucking and grabbing at any chance of getting those sweets like children with no care of how or why it shouldnt happen. its ridiculous

Commander Lord Baroze guild leader of the legion of aku ma Guardian and Protector of Fissure of woe

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alfador.7649

Alfador.7649

i would like to travel in a more immersive way, quick travel is way to cheap a way and running everywhere makes the game all that more boring.

Once again, all I see is “me me me.”

How would mounts improve the game for all, or even most? I’ve played plenty of games with mounts, game with worlds that were actually designed for them, and they were no more or less immersive than games without them. In a few of these games, mounts if anything just felt weird and unnatural because you couldn’t fight on them. It’s certainly no less immersive not having mounts than magically pulling a large animal out of thin air when you need to go faster. You may be “bored” but that’s your personal view. The majority of the player community seems absolutely fine with it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

I recently started playing GW2 over the last week from a break of over a year, and I do admit I was surprised when I saw that there were still no mounts in this game.

I know that some people will argue that there is no need for mounts when you can port from place to place.

But I think the developers are missing out big time, on a huge potential for profits for themselves. Great new content for the players, and overall a great new incentive that will increase the sales of the game.

I am certain that selling unique mounts for gems would be the #1 best seller in the gem store.

The ideas below are just a few off the top of my head that would make mounts fun & useful for both the player and developer.
-Pay gems to buy the rarest.
-When you ride them for a few seconds have them buff you.
-Make some of them fly. That’s right, make them fly.
-Customize your mounts with Dye, Armor, and a New craft Breeding.
-New Mount related Craftsmanship.
-End Game Achievements to earn them. (Dungeons, Raids or Crafting)
-More incentives for players to keep playing.
-Aesthetically more pleasing to the eye than just running on two legs.

There are a lot more reasons for mounts to be implemented, but those were just a few.

Now hear me out on this, because I haven’t seen this next part done in an MMO before.

Breeding for Mounts

What if having two of one species of mount could unlock a Breeding craft that anyone could take up in addition to their current crafts.

Then with enough time and skill, breeders could create unique mini’s and unique colored mounts they could keep for themselves or sell to other players.

They would use dye and food crafted in cooking to influence the color of their mounts in the breeding craft. Being able to customize mounts with armor, and breeding would would add a unique feature to Guild Wars 2 that would pull in more players.
There are really so many ideas that can be implemented to a system that uses mounts.

I think it’s about time for ArenaNet to consider it.

Yeah why would we put them in the game-world. Having fun going collect them.
No lets do the same as with the mini’s. Throw them in the cash-shop.
Sarcasm here.

Mounts yes, in the cash-shop no. Put them in the game-world so we have something to do.. going into the world to collect them, find rare ones and so on.

Want to make money? Release a good expansion.

The breeding craft is something I suggested in the Horizontal progression CDI thread and Chris said it was interesting and would not forget about it. Same with other fun-crafts.

in Black Lion Trading Co

sorudo.9054

Once again, all I see is “me me me.”

How would mounts improve the game for all, or even most? I’ve played plenty of games with mounts, game with worlds that were actually designed for them, and they were no more or less immersive than games without them. In a few of these games, mounts if anything just felt weird and unnatural because you couldn’t fight on them. It’s certainly no less immersive not having mounts than magically pulling a large animal out of thin air when you need to go faster. You may be “bored” but that’s your personal view. The majority of the player community seems absolutely fine with it.

again with the “majority of players” crap, the forum doesn’t represent the majority, it’s just a bare 1%.
also, you see “me me me”, to me i see “i don’t want it so it should never happen”.
there are two sides, what you want might be something i don’t want, does that make my opinion a better one, no and so is yours.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rufus Shockakahn.4027

Rufus Shockakahn.4027

ever since the Swiss Family Robinson movie , my norn has wanted to ride an ostrich, MOA RACES!!!! woot, you could craft ascended gearboxes and restrictor plates

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Tyria is too small and dense for mounts.

That being said, I need to get to the Diving goggles at the top of the Aetherblade JP and need a flying mount.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Technically “mounts” already exist in the form of the Broomstick and Sonic Tunneling Tool. I would be fine with different mounts being introduced as long as they didn’t give the player any in-game advantages such as increased travel speed.

However, given that ANet has recently broken the mold of “cosmetic and convenience benefits only” with the Watchwork Pick, I would be extremely hesitant to okay new mounts because of what they might bring with them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: thesnickerdoodle.9784

thesnickerdoodle.9784

Do you want my opinion? Well here have it.
I do believe having a ‘mount’ by definition would be fantastic to fit your characters personality. No, I don’t even care for ‘speed’ buffs or flying mounts. Even, if, it was slightly implemented you moved faster; it’s not like you’re getting some massive advantage over players; however, you’re stating there isn’t already those advantage over players even if they’re minor. Take a look at the Gem Store as it is, you have an upgrade section: allowing more character slots, larger bag space, larger bank space; and, you have ‘infinite’ usage gathering resource items, or even the unique skins.

I’m in strong belief having a mount would appeal to your characters personality, with our without some ‘broken’ speed buff implemented. There is no need for faster travel.
Yes to the man who stated, “All these way points are contested,” that clearly needs to be fixed. But mounts wouldn’t ruin Guild Wars 2 and this is coming from an original Guild Wars player a lot longer than most of you. As long as it doesn’t break the system, it should be a feat for style and personality, rather than for some silly buffs.

Conclusion for the tl;dr
Mounts without speed buffs but for pure personality-style purposes I completely support.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Baroze.8547

I’ve been a long time player of gw 1&2 beta played bothe and continually played both from release I grew a large guild in 1 and brought them over to 2 me myself will feel disappointed if anet break down and incorporate mounts I feel they will lose a large part of what gw is about, and my 60+ guild agree. The notion to have them with in a game such as this is crazy. I agree on some points that have been made however the wp situation is stupid as 60% of the world goes untracked after map completion, there are items in the gem store that give “advantages” but not over other players. Cosmetic purchases should stay at that, cosmetic but I would feel the game would lose a lot of itself they they have mounts running around and the problems it would cause in game to implement it, your talking a massive game change. I guess we all have our opinions. If we are to have such a change and get mounts then we should have our guild halls back or at least a more player friendly “home”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Peregryn.6578

Peregryn.6578

Could you please explain to me how having mounts would be more immersive? Norn, Charr, Sylari, Asura, Human. Of the five character Races only Human reasonably would use mounts and within storyline even they don’t.

You do remember that this is a sequel to Guild Wars right? Now I didn’t play all the way thru GW1 but I don’t remember anything even remotely like mounts in use even by NPC’s.

So explain how all of a sudden with no historical basis within storyline all five races would suddenly evolve mounts?

Edit: now if they did I could see stables where you buy a mount but mounted you lost most of the effects of armor, couldn’t fight/defend yourself until you dismounted, then had to keep your mount healthy or face the cost (high) of replacing it.

(edited by Peregryn.6578)

in Black Lion Trading Co

sorudo.9054

Could you please explain to me how having mounts would be more immersive? Norn, Charr, Sylari, Asura, Human. Of the five character Races only Human reasonably would use mounts and within storyline even they don’t.

You do remember that this is a sequel to Guild Wars right? Now I didn’t play all the way thru GW1 but I don’t remember anything even remotely like mounts in use even by NPC’s.

So explain how all of a sudden with no historical basis within storyline all five races would suddenly evolve mounts?

Edit: now if they did I could see stables where you buy a mount but mounted you lost most of the effects of armor, couldn’t fight/defend yourself until you dismounted, then had to keep your mount healthy or face the cost (high) of replacing it.

so the tanks in the Black Citadel are not part of the lore, not even remotely resembling a mount in the slightest?
or what about the asura golems, they are not mounts but robots you happen to be able to ride?
i agree that they are extreme example but it makes a point, mounts already are in GW, both in lore and in the world.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Peregryn.6578

Peregryn.6578

I will grant you that One Singular Asura who happens to be a personal story npc rides around on the shoulder of a golem. As for the tanks yes they are vehicles so are the dredge tanks for that matter, but while this might be considered semantics there is in fact quite a difference between ‘vehicles’ intended to carry several and personal ‘mounts’ intended to carry one.

btw, outside of a personal story mission have you ever seen one of those charr tanks move?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

If mounts are already available in the world, just just get on one and go for a photo session. Why bother introducing them if they are already there?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

Ugh, NO. No flying mounts, no, not ever if you’re going to suggest it in WoW design.

If you’re going to have flying mounts, disable (fly and land) mounts during jumping puzzles, and have air content (monsters, NPC’s, events, ect)

Floating islands, air combat, flying monsters, and have them available for free like the aqua water combat. I’m very sure A-Net doesn’t want players to buy something from the kitten Gem Store just to get air combat. Downed state would be “Get to the surface!”. You can get Charr steampunk wings, asura hoverboards, Sylvari leaf wings, human machine wings, all kinds of stuff and you can equip whatever you want, such as a human with Charr steampunk wings.

But it’s going to take a while, unless it’s going to be for a few zones, then perhaps you can be a bit more optimistic.

(edited by Avascar.9237)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: QueenHysteria.1084

QueenHysteria.1084

All these large open maps not to exclude pvp get repetitive and tiresome to run around in all day. I can’t help but think how much more interesting/fun this game could be if they added mounts to ride. Some people want to bring up the waypoint argument well that’s nice. What game doesn’t have waypoints of some sort? Those games still have mounts for you to ride as well. So if you want to ride you can ride and if you want to point and click a map you can. I personally dislike being forced to do one thing without having options.

This game samples so many elements from other mmo’s but leaves behind stuff that they should have applied as well like “mounts”. 200 years in the future and people are still walking from point A to point B? (considering GW1 had the point and click way points map also).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I really really hope that mounts are never added to this game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Lol after over a year people are still asking this…. facepalm

Adding mounts won’t improve game play in the slightest. You’d still be “just running around the map” but on top of a horse.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

I also really really hope that mounts are never added to this game.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

I feel a merge coming on.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

No mounts. The game has a perfectly good waypoint system for getting around.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

in Black Lion Trading Co

TehPwnerer.7215

Or a lock.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

I’ve seen this multiple times but I always fail to see what a mount would add to the game.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There are numerous ways to get 25%-33% speed buff. There are numerous waypoints that are very cheap spread across all of the maps. Mounts are therefore useless and just screen clutter.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The maps arent anywhere near big enough to use mounts that improve speed over swiftness and the waypoints are very close to each other. Having beasts that look like mounts and move at the same pace as players would be sort of pointless. They’re already in the game and they’re called Charr.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

The maps arent anywhere near big enough to use mounts that improve speed over swiftness and the waypoints are very close to each other. Having beasts that look like mounts and move at the same pace as players would be sort of pointless. They’re already in the game and they’re called Charr.

My guardian wants a Charr mount.

Valar Morghulis

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

There is only one answer possible for me.

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

Or a lock.

Nope. I called it correctly. LOL

in Black Lion Trading Co

TehPwnerer.7215

I recently started playing GW2 over the last week from a break of over a year, and I do admit I was surprised when I saw that there were still no mounts in this game.

I know that some people will argue that there is no need for mounts when you can port from place to place.

But I think the developers are missing out big time, on a huge potential for profits for themselves. Great new content for the players, and overall a great new incentive that will increase the sales of the game.

I am certain that selling unique mounts for gems would be the #1 best seller in the gem store.

The ideas below are just a few off the top of my head that would make mounts fun & useful for both the player and developer.
-Pay gems to buy the rarest.
-When you ride them for a few seconds have them buff you.
-Make some of them fly. That’s right, make them fly.
-Customize your mounts with Dye, Armor, and a New craft Breeding.
-New Mount related Craftsmanship.
-End Game Achievements to earn them. (Dungeons, Raids or Crafting)
-More incentives for players to keep playing.
-Aesthetically more pleasing to the eye than just running on two legs.

There are a lot more reasons for mounts to be implemented, but those were just a few.

Now hear me out on this, because I haven’t seen this next part done in an MMO before.

Breeding for Mounts

What if having two of one species of mount could unlock a Breeding craft that anyone could take up in addition to their current crafts.

Then with enough time and skill, breeders could create unique mini’s and unique colored mounts they could keep for themselves or sell to other players.

They would use dye and food crafted in cooking to influence the color of their mounts in the breeding craft. Being able to customize mounts with armor, and breeding would would add a unique feature to Guild Wars 2 that would pull in more players.
There are really so many ideas that can be implemented to a system that uses mounts.

I think it’s about time for ArenaNet to consider it.

Where is the “dislike” button? I’m not sure if you were being serious or ironic with this post, but if you were being serious.. “no.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

sorudo.9054

There are numerous ways to get 25%-33% speed buff. There are numerous waypoints that are very cheap spread across all of the maps. Mounts are therefore useless and just screen clutter.

i find waypoints a cheap excuse to argue against mounts, they are the pin point to show why we should have mounts.
immerse your self in a world while using waypoints, thumbs up if you can even do that for a millisecond.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

i find waypoints a cheap excuse to argue against mounts, they are the pin point to show why we should have mounts.
immerse your self in a world while using waypoints, thumbs up if you can even do that for a millisecond.

It’s not an excuse because mounts wouldn’t be a substitute for waypoints in this game. Immersion is not an excuse to argue FOR mounts either (I’m quite immersed having to run, since I’m familiar with the concept of running IRL). The argument is that mounts aren’t needed because transport isn’t an issue in the game. Waypoints are also accessible to players any level as long as they are unlocked. Mounts, no matter how cheap, would have to be earned/purchased. I’ve played games where mounts are a social status or game advantage. It sucks to be the guy that everyone waits for to run there with no mount. You stay behind … literally. Waypoints are fair, equal treatment for everyone. Mounts are not.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

Please Uninstall and go back to WoW!

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Celiea.3461

Celiea.3461

I do enjoy this game thanks arena ya did a great job on this game but their is one thing that is not right about this game theirs NO MOUNTS

I don’t get it every mmo game I have been to has mounts why why WHY this game doesn’t have any?

Yea one thing about mounts is that the speed increase to ya can get to one place to another quicker but that ya can limit the speed on mounts to make the speed scale like horses run in real life. Anyways I can understand on the flying mounts with a huge speed increase and missing out on a lot of the graphical content that Dev’s put into so I would suggest ground only mounts.

Ya gotta have a mount its a needed thing even back in the midevil times mounts is needed for long distant journeys. Even movies like Lord of the Ring’s, and other Midevil movies that doesn’t have any mechanical machines that take ya places uses a mount.

Even mounts will do great to make ya character look more better stand out etc and other things that a lot of people say yes to mounts for mmo games.

If devs chose to not add those mounts because of the fast moving speeds then they are missing the point ya can limit the speeds ya don’t have to follow World of Warcraft version of mount speed on the fastest ground mount. Just give a mount a 25% or 50% speed increase when ya riding and ya still go like awe on the works that arena has made to the game. Also remove like half of the maps Waypoints that way ya can still use waypoints for things like need to get to an event quick or need to get to the certain part of the map to get to a dungeon.

Also like other people are asking adding some combat while mounted just have some combat abilities not many. It will suit great in wvw even after ya balance out the problems.

If Arena net still say no to mounts then please give us a reason why you chose not to add the mounts and never ever planning to add any mounts and put a sticky to ya forums so that way ya don’t get anymore topics like these for people who are asking for mounts for this game.

Sorry if this post is like trolling but I just mad that this mmo has gone out of mounts theirs a lot of ways ya can limit the mounts so those who want to just speed demon ya way to another area theirs a lot of reasons to wanting a mount and theirs a lot of ways to limit them so it won’t be games like WoW and just limit the mounts to ground only.
By doing this right ya can still have the exploration experience when not having a mount.

(edited by Celiea.3461)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

Everyone take a shot!! drinks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Join the last thread on this subject, it’s still relatively fresh for a dead horse.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Here-is-why-Guild-Wars-2-needs-Mounts/first

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Everyone take a shot!! drinks

My bottle is empty :/

Perhaps if I had a guild hall to store things in…

:hides:

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Mounts are not needed in this game due to the large number of waypoints in each zone and are a hinderance to other players. 1 EXAMPLE: mounted player(s) obstructing access to needed NPC’s(possible to troll others)

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sol Badguy.4517

Sol Badguy.4517

The only way Mounts would even be remotely cool, is if they removed ALL waypoints.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Celiea.3461

I really do agree I miss having mounts and the Devs are missing out a lot of things for not having mounts in this game. Their even ways to limit the speeds on mounts so people won’t miss out on the exploration on the maps.

Dev’s sorry we will keep asking about needing mounts on this game till we are blue in the face or unless ya make a statement on why you don’t want to add mounts and sticky it on the forums to stop future mount requests.

(edited by Celiea.3461)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Mounts are not needed in this game due to the large number of waypoints in each zone and are a hinderance to other players. 1 EXAMPLE: mounted player(s) obstructing access to needed NPC’s(possible to troll others)

Players can’t block you from pressing “F”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnus Heartseeker.7958

Magnus Heartseeker.7958

in Black Lion Trading Co

Celiea.3461

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

I am one of those people who think persistence pays off so you go bro!!

I’m thrilled to see a new mount topic pop up every week. Got me worried for a bit there

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hopeless.5403

Hopeless.5403

Didn’t read but I think i will pass on mounts. Absolutely nothing wrong with waypoints….. learn to use them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I do enjoy this game thanks arena ya did a great job on this game but their is one thing that is not right about this game theirs NO MOUNTS

I don’t get it every mmo game I have been to has mounts why why WHY this game doesn’t have any?

Yea one thing about mounts is that the speed increase to ya can get to one place to another quicker but that ya can limit the speed on mounts to make the speed scale like horses run in real life. Anyways I can understand on the flying mounts with a huge speed increase and missing out on a lot of the graphical content that Dev’s put into so I would suggest ground only mounts.

Ya gotta have a mount its a needed thing even back in the midevil times mounts is needed for long distant journeys. Even movies like Lord of the Ring’s, and other Midevil movies that doesn’t have any mechanical machines that take ya places uses a mount.

Even mounts will do great to make ya character look more better stand out etc and other things that a lot of people say yes to mounts for mmo games.

If devs chose to not add those mounts because of the fast moving speeds then they are missing the point ya can limit the speeds ya don’t have to follow World of Warcraft version of mount speed on the fastest ground mount. Just give a mount a 25% or 50% speed increase when ya riding and ya still go like awe on the works that arena has made to the game. Also remove like half of the maps Waypoints that way ya can still use waypoints for things like need to get to an event quick or need to get to the certain part of the map to get to a dungeon.

Also like other people are asking adding some combat while mounted just have some combat abilities not many. It will suit great in wvw even after ya balance out the problems.

If Arena net still say no to mounts then please give us a reason why you chose not to add the mounts and never ever planning to add any mounts and put a sticky to ya forums so that way ya don’t get anymore topics like these for people who are asking for mounts for this game.

Sorry if this post is like trolling but I just mad that this mmo has gone out of mounts theirs a lot of ways ya can limit the mounts so those who want to just speed demon ya way to another area theirs a lot of reasons to wanting a mount and theirs a lot of ways to limit them so it won’t be games like WoW and just limit the mounts to ground only.
By doing this right ya can still have the exploration experience when not having a mount.

Just because other MMOs have mounts doesn’t mean GW2 needs mounts.

We have technology to move far distances. Asura gates and waypoints. We don’t require medieval transport.

They would likely be available in the gem store so unless there was a free or under 1 silver mount and all mounts had the exact same speed, there would be too much uproar over p2w. We already have an uproar over a mining pick.

I don’t want to use mounts and should not be penalized for not using mounts by having waypoints removed.