Hiding Shadow Assassin Outfit Shoulders?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

The shoulders can’t be hidden.
I know that the shoulders from other outfits can also not be hidden, but since this armor has defined shoulderpads, it would be cool if they could be hidden.

Attachments:

(edited by HHR LostProphet.4801)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Keysha.2815

Keysha.2815

Gloves won’t go away, either.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LadySwan.8751

LadySwan.8751

I have a problem with this outfit too, I love the way it looks on all and any of my chars. but for some reason on my sylvari male, it makes his ears disappear.. they’re just 2 holes on his head where his ears should be. and yea its funny to some extent but LOL its kinda bother some at the same time, I hope it gets fixed..

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: slrearth.6278

slrearth.6278

I am also having the missing ears problem. I love the armor on him, but it’s creeping me out.

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Noyz.6430

Noyz.6430

+1 for hidden shoulderpads… They’re HUGE.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The only part of Outfits that can be hidden is Headgear. Patch fixed the ‘missing ear’ issue.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Whytestar.7852

Whytestar.7852

To be honest, there’s really no reason why any piece of armor can’t be hidden. I don’t know why some are and some aren’t.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: UnknownScoundrel.9168

UnknownScoundrel.9168

Has anyone seen any dev updates regarding the shoulders?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Pretty sure they aren’t going to suddenly change how Outfits work all of a sudden. Nothing can be hidden save Headgear.

If they ever do, it would be in the Patch Notes as a sort of feature.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

The shoulders are just ridiculous. Do they really think that am assassin with such huge pauldrons will be able to sneak in?

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

This just reminded me of….

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

HHR LostProphet.4801

Pretty sure they aren’t going to suddenly change how Outfits work all of a sudden. Nothing can be hidden save Headgear.

If they ever do, it would be in the Patch Notes as a sort of feature.

There are outfits where the gloves can be hidden, take the witch outfit as example.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Snowdress you can “only” hide helmet and gloves, no shoulders. Same with witch.

My guess would be, the shoulders are actually part of torso with that kind of armorskin and they would have to
a) rework all skins and
b) rework town clothing functions

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

It depends on the model.

All can hide head so heads show in story cinematics.
That’s why outfits should be head + rest like GW1, allowing players to combine different hats with outfits, since the head is already separate anyways and most people won’t mind some clipping if they can use again combinations like Mad King outfit + Phantom Hood.

But not all have set other separate parts.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

There are outfits where the gloves can be hidden, take the witch outfit as example.

The witch outfit used to be town clothes, same with any others where you can hide the gloves. Thus, the gloves were made separate. Outfits are supposed to be one piece + head, so there’s no reason for them to make the gloves (or shoulders) separate.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Black Lion Trading Co

HHR LostProphet.4801

The witch outfit used to be town clothes, same with any others where you can hide the gloves. Thus, the gloves were made separate. Outfits are supposed to be one piece + head, so there’s no reason for them to make the gloves (or shoulders) separate.

Since the shadow assassin outfit has shoulders which are separate, there shouldn’t be a problem making them optional.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: schmots.6803

schmots.6803

You’re assuming the shoulders are separate. More than likely the outfit was all made as a single mesh, with the head piece being a second mesh.

in Black Lion Trading Co

HHR LostProphet.4801

Of course it’s one mesh. That doesn’t mean that the shoulders are connected to the rest of the armor or that it would be impossible to separate them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

schmots.6803

That is exactly what that means. the shoulders are not there own mesh, they are a part of the rest of the armor. Separating them would require creating two new meshes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

HHR LostProphet.4801

That is exactly what that means. the shoulders are not there own mesh, they are a part of the rest of the armor. Separating them would require creating two new meshes.

Noone said they just have snap their fingers and it’s done. But it isn’t that hard either.

in Black Lion Trading Co

schmots.6803

I don’t think you have any knowledge on programming or graphic meshes. It would be that hard, as they would have to create two new meshes, makes sure they fit to the wireframes properly and code the items to understand the changes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

HHR LostProphet.4801

Do you have? Don’t even answer that, it doesn’t matter. The devs can do this as they’ve done this dozen of times before.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Do you have? Don’t even answer that, it doesn’t matter. The devs can do this as they’ve done this dozen of times before.

This is actually why they got rid of town clothes, though. So they can take the fast route and make all outfits from this point forward just one piece. This allows them to make more outfits, faster, and make more money in the gem store. They even said that easier/faster creation of outfits was the reason.

From this point forward, you should never expect any parts other than head gear to be given a show/hide toggle when it comes to outfits.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Black Lion Trading Co

HHR LostProphet.4801

I don’t hope so. Mix’n’match is one of the last things really going for this game.