-High Volume trading-

-High Volume trading-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Onichi.1057

Onichi.1057

Will there ever be a feature where we can bid/purchase more than a stack (250pcs) at a time? At least maybe not having to input price, quantity EVERY time and just click our offer multiple times instead?

Most days I don’t have the time to run a dungeon or just want to work trades. I don’t mind the combining since its part of the trades system however to make money efficiently it’s mindblowing tedious work to purchase 30,000 xxx 20,000 y 5,000 z every day

—-17yrs of MMO experience—-
UO, EQ, DAoC, LineageII, WoW, AION, Rift, GW2
Onirem Silvanus aka Assault aka Onichi aka Versatile

-High Volume trading-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

This would be a very welcome feature indeed.

I trade in high volume commodities almost exclusively and entering orders is so tedious that I only do it by muscle memory on my second screen while watching videos…

Being able to enter larger orders would also reduce the load on ANet’s servers as fewer requests are needed. This alone should be enough reason to implement it.

-High Volume trading-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Onkelbubu.3108

Onkelbubu.3108

Bid yes, purchase plz no

-High Volume trading-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If placing buy orders is what you need, there’s 3rd party programs for that. Actually, you don’t even need a program, you can just place the url in your browser and hit refresh to spam buy orders.

If actually buying things is what you want, that’s a little more difficult. It requires injecting a little javascript into the trading post (website). By doing this, you can also have a custom TP interface and basically do whatever you want, like adding every feature ever requested.

Officially, I don’t think they’ll ever increase the 250 limit. Although it would be more efficient for them to handle, it would really make it unfair to everyone. For example, when they said “everyone go buy this now, you’ll need it” everyone is limited to buying a small amount one at a time. Now imagine if 1 person could have bought all 100k at once, completely removing the cheap listings.

-High Volume trading-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kaon.7192

I rather not risk my entire account using the methods you mentioned considering ANet’s cryptic policies against 3rd party programs.

I’d perfectly fine with just being able to place bids/asks at higher volumes than 250 per order. I rarely ever want to fill buy orders or buy at asking prices when trading at high volumes anyways.

-High Volume trading-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s 250 because for whatever reason a stack can only be 250. So when they designed the TP interface they threw the 250 limit on quantity on that as well, to be consistent.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

-High Volume trading-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kaon.7192

I don’t see a problem in allowing us to enter orders in stacks of 250 then.

-High Volume trading-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

If you have a crappy internet, you can just spam the place order button several times. My connection only allow 3 × 250 order, but I’ve heard people do like 8 order at once.

I have more concern on selling. If you have thousands of an item, and you sell by set price, sell, ok, sell, ok, sell, ok. I guarantee you’ll get the evil error within 6 sales.

A couple months before I was able to sell 2500 (possibly due to bug). But it seems to be fixed.

-High Volume trading-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Because the quantity field is only three characters wide.

RIP City of Heroes

-High Volume trading-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kaon.7192

Obviously this would need interface tweaks to accommodate it.
For instance a separate field for bulk orders that you can use to place an order for x * 250 of an item, where x is the user input.

(edited by Kaon.7192)

-High Volume trading-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

That is not true. Try typing more number in and you’ll eventually get something like 2.5e+7. (I forgot the exact thing it show but it’s just scientific notation) That means it actually recognize numbers that’s higher than 250, just not letting you place it.

-High Volume trading-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Yes! I would love an extra field beside the existing one (250) to say “how many 250’s”!

-High Volume trading-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Just let us do up to 999 since that’s already there and wouldn’t require anything new.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

-High Volume trading-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Healix.5819

The amount you can type in isn’t the problem. You can easily change it and allow yourself to type something like 9999. The problem exists on the server side. Anything past 250 will result in an error. With the current implementation, the only way to simulate buying more than 250 is to place multiple orders in batches of 250, which will eventually cause the you’re posting too fast error.

The ability to type in 500 or 2×250 doesn’t matter. On the data side, they’re both the same. The quickest way they could implement this would be by doing what can already be done on the client side. On the server side, simply break that 500 down into 250 batches and place the order twice. It may even be just a hard coded limiter that doesn’t even matter, in which case they could just remove it. I don’t think they will however, since the limit is both for safety and fairness.

-High Volume trading-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Actually unless some of us have actually seen the TP code, none of us can say what would be the quickest way to implement any of this.

It boils down to their, ANet’s, belief that the number of players that would benefit from this is tiny compared to the number that use the TP and therefore very low priority when it comes to changes for the TP and TP UI.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

-High Volume trading-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: waldie.6015

waldie.6015

Before Christmas, last year, there was an item found in the tp, “power trader” … acc bound. it increased it to 500 or so? donĀ“t know. i try to find my screenshot.

-High Volume trading-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Healix.5819

The power trader was going to add a limitation to the trading post. It would allow you to have up to 4 listings with up to 1000 items per stack. So if you had something like 5000 copper, you could only list 4000 of them at 4 different prices. They probably could have made a lot of $ though, though there would be a lot of complaints.

The item had the icon of a booster, so I’m guessing that rather than an account unlock, it was a 30-60 minute deal, however that would work.