Home Instance Services Regulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

With the portal stone, the home instance becomes slightly more significant. What i want is a update so that all home instances offer the same services, preventing any one from becoming inherently superior to another.

The offered services in home instances are as of this post’s writing:

Charr – Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, General Goods Merchant
Norn – Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Tavern, Minor Foods Merchant
Human – Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Tavern, Minor Foods Merchant
Sylvari – Repair
Asura – none

To maintain fairness between races, i request that the following services are added to every Home Instance they are not already present in

General Goods Merchant
Tavern (Belcher’s Bluff Kit Access)
Repair

And (optionally) the following
Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Minor Foods Merchent

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

80% (roughly) of my characters are Asura.

Sucks to be me. :p

My homies need to get some skillz! Maybe even get them to hook up ATM (bank) access and my own home shopping network terminal, Black Lion style.

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

(edited by GamerOnline.3650)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

you know… charr can hang out in the asura home instance. it isn’t species-specific. If you like it so much, just use it instead.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

you know… charr can hang out in the asura home instance. it isn’t species-specific. If you like it so much, just use it instead.

The issue seems to be related to the home instance portal stone added today. I assume said portal stone sends you to YOUR home instance, not any racial home instance. So that doesn’t really fix the issue.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

Yup, yup, you are returned to your own race’s home instance. Sylvari peeps have a repair npc right next to entry point, charr ppl have a guy they can buy scavenging tools and salvage kits from a lil in. Few others have Belcher’s bluff kits, but generally everyone who isn’t Sylvari or Charr get the least out of this by a lot.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I submitted a support ticket about this asking for all the home instances to be treated the same (i’m asuran so it extra sucks). They responded with you can just walk out of the portal into rata sum to find a vendor. Pretty kitteny excuse if you ask me. i’ll be refunding my gems for the home instance stone. what a stupid design decision.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CameronJames.4897

CameronJames.4897

When I tried leaving the instance it sent me back to my original location, so I wouldnt accept that as a solution.

in Black Lion Trading Co

UrMom.4205

in the asuran home instance, if you leave and click yes to the exit instance pop up yes it will send you back to your starting location. But if you just run past that and walk through the portal it puts you out in rata sum. I still don’t accept it either. It’s not fair that other races have more in their instance and some get completely shafted. If a player doesn’t have any nodes in their instance and they are asuran they literally have nothing in there…whats the point? Why would they even make it so unfair, it’s mind boggling how this was even approved as a design decision.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Logos.1306

Logos.1306

as an Asura player I am more then sad about this.

When I visited other home instances I felt that they didnt have time to finish Asuran one before game was released.
If you compare Human and Asuran home instances you can easy see the difference in their quality.
This is like racism if you ask me. Whats next? Male characters will get more base power then female?
Now when we have portal stone , it is good moment to make some noice about this. Something must be done!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

If we all submit tickets for it maybe they will recognize it as a problem?

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Black Lion Trading Co

UrMom.4205

yall can try, i doubt it would get anything done. The response seemed pretty canned

“Also let us inform you that while not every instance have the option to repair, craft, vendors and others you do have the portal gate that will take you straight to your City where you should be able to sell and take advantage of every other NPC and their purpose.”

Team Raven [TR](Dead)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DominiFactum.7103

DominiFactum.7103

“Also let us inform you that while not every instance have the option to repair, craft, vendors and others you do have the portal gate that will take you straight to your City where you should be able to sell and take advantage of every other NPC and their purpose.”

That is simply not true! It does not work that way for Asuran, and I doubt for other races as well, although I only tested it on Asuran.

If, as an Asuran, you use the Home Portal Stone to go to yur home instance, then go thru the gate to Rata Sum, you have broken the return chain and will not be able to return to your original starting location.

I started in Metrica, used the stone to go to my home instance, went to the gate to Rata Sum, declined return to Metrica and entered gate to Rata Sum. When I returned to my Home Instance and clicked the stone, I ended up in Rata Sum, not Metrica.

Hopefully Anet will add features to the Asuran Home Instance (and others also “shorted”) to make the Home Portal Stone worthwhile. As it now stands its totally useless for Asuran characters.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Emiko.3217

Emiko.3217

That is simply not true! It does not work that way for Asuran, and I doubt for other races as well, although I only tested it on Asuran.

If, as an Asuran, you use the Home Portal Stone to go to yur home instance, then go thru the gate to Rata Sum, you have broken the return chain and will not be able to return to your original starting location.

I started in Metrica, used the stone to go to my home instance, went to the gate to Rata Sum, declined return to Metrica and entered gate to Rata Sum. When I returned to my Home Instance and clicked the stone, I ended up in Rata Sum, not Metrica.

Hopefully Anet will add features to the Asuran Home Instance (and others also “shorted”) to make the Home Portal Stone worthwhile. As it now stands its totally useless for Asuran characters.

That’s true…. all my characters are Asura. The lack of any of the concierges currently makes the home portal stones mute. I’d like to see every race have the same conveniences to their home instance.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Supported. The Home Instances should all be equal.

Getting all those NPCs to fit in the Dreamer’s Terrace might be tricky though…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

All Home Instances are equal but some instances are more equal than others.

I ? Karkas.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

While I know that support has to follow the rules issued to them and all, this statement is so canned and so not to the point as to sound completely clueless. If there is nothing in the instance, if it costs you 900 gems/$11USD/~116 gold to go there and you have to leave the instance to “take advantage of every other NPC” (which means you lose the other selling point of the stone, which is return to where you came from) then what is the point of this portal? You can skip the ~116 gold cost and the 2 loading screens for a ~2 silver per port and 2 loading screens.

There is convenience and there is ridiculous. This is ridiculous and not thought out beforehand

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Logos.1306

Logos.1306

Telling us to use portal stone then go to Rata sum is insulting.This way we have 2 loading screens and have to paid to teleport back. I could just teleport to pvp then go to LA, same thing. So lets face it, portal stone is useless for Asura.

Its like selling a car that look nice but dont have engine and later telling buyer that you can push it to move around.
Dont treat Asura like idiots please!

“- hey! lets make Home Instance Portal Stone for 900 gems!
- good idea! … but wait. Asura home instance is empty..
- then.. we can always tell them to leave it! LOL!
- hahahah”

in Black Lion Trading Co

UrMom.4205

so it’s official….Anet is racist against asuras.

Seriously though i’m pretty kittened about this. I don’t understand how or why they would ever make the home instances different and not equal to all the races.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I tried this from Dreamer’s Terrace and it took me back to Southsun (where I started). The exit button above the minimap and the exit “portal” both wanted to return me to my original location….I couldn’t get directly into the grove.

Either not working or there was some other trick to it….do I need to run out to the “you’re leaving the instance” area to get into the grove?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

On the one hand, the gem shop hasn’t falsely advertised the utility of the stone: it takes you to your home instance and back; it does not take you to your home city and back. Anyone who checked (manually or via the wiki) would easily know what services were available.

On the other hand, it’s a really low-value utility for 900 gems. The conveniences are really slightly reducing travel time, loading screens, and waypoint costs for the following.

• Charging quartz, by keeping the regular crystals on a single character.
  • Farming the home instance, on a character that could use the XP (from gathering or dailies).
  • Finding a salvage kit or gathering tool vendor (except for Asura) if you somehow can’t manage to find one in the open world (selling stuff can be done at any repair or karma NPC).

Most of us could obtain similar utility for 800 gems by buying a new character slot and parking said toon outside a home instance in any racial city.

So either the Gem Shop marketing team didn’t think this one through or we should expect to see more new stuff coming to the home instance, either in a feature patch or via the gem shop (e.g. more nodes). I don’t mind waiting to find out.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

UrMom.4205

I tried this from Dreamer’s Terrace and it took me back to Southsun (where I started). The exit button above the minimap and the exit “portal” both wanted to return me to my original location….I couldn’t get directly into the grove.

Either not working or there was some other trick to it….do I need to run out to the “you’re leaving the instance” area to get into the grove?

for me (i’m asuran) when i enter the home instance there is a green sparkle (like a story instance) at the exit, if i run to that a dialog pops up to leave, if I take that it takes me to my starting point. However if I run past that and run through the portal it exits me into Rata Sum. So if for you if you run through the exit portal and it’s taking you to your starting point then something is broken.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Edgar Doiron.2804

Edgar Doiron.2804

That’s probably why I could find the repair peopel were telling me about. I’m a human

Forgeman Destroyers [FORD] – Sorrows furnace

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

I’m just hoping the Rebuild Lion’s Arch will come with a customizable Home Instance for the Player Character and these stones will take you there instead or as an option.