How Much Money Have You Spent - Gem Store?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SLOTH.5231

SLOTH.5231

As I purchased another $20 in gems last night not only to buy another armor set and some trinkets for a different build for my Mez but to help show my love and support for the game I could only think to myself how much money have I spent on gems since purchasing this game.

Turns out I’ve spent $130 up to this point. How much have you guys spent? Do you think the gem prices are fair considering our choices on the market? If you could change anything what would it be and why?

If you haven’t spent any money buying gems yet what could they add to the store to make you purchase them?

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

none i’m rich enough to convert gold to gems

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

$10 since release. Now gold —→ gem wise, a lot :P

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Grimlock.4102

Grimlock.4102

You got me curious, so I went and checked my bank account history since the game launched, searched for NCSOFT. Turns out I’ve spent $86.72 total, which shocked me! It seems like I would have spent a lot more! Considering I’ve been playing for like almost14 months now the 6 dollars monthly for entertainment doesn’t seem so bad.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I buy $10 a month with real money then buy gems with gold if I want more. I figure the game is easily worth $10 a month.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Czinger.6314

Czinger.6314

Since release last year. Around $100.

I buy less games on the other hand nowadays.

Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz-16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

in Black Lion Trading Co

SLOTH.5231

So we are all pretty much spending around the same give or take a few dollars. I think the first time I bought gems the rate was only like 1g and a few silver per 100 gems now it’s nearly 5g.

It’s much easier now to earn gold but I spend most of it on food for WvW. The last batch cost me nearly 20g for 2* 50 stacks.. gold adds up quick when you WvW for 4-6 hours a day and eat food every 30 min.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CameronJames.4897

CameronJames.4897

Maybe £200? I’m planning on spending more… It doesn’t bother me as I don’t have many other outgoings.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: aspry.6975

aspry.6975

330+, i know, i am ashamed of myself too.

Do you even balance anet?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Somewhere around $400-500 I would guess. I’m not prone to buyer’s remorse. All but maybe three of my purchases met my expectations quite favorably.

I bought all possible bank space within maybe a week of getting the game installed. I have full infinite tools on 8 characters and 15 character slots total. I’ve used gems-to-gold on several occasion to finish a big project or buy a dye from the TP I felt I would enjoy for the rest of the life of the game. I’ve only bought black lion keys maybe twice, and as I was principally looking to stock up on the boosters they frequently include, the fact that I’ve never gotten a super-rare gee-gaw doesn’t bother me.

I spend $70 on a tank of gas. I’m not going to flinch at the occasional $20 splurge for something permanent and non-random within the game.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

I’ve probably spent about $120 or so since starting last January. I do it to support the game as I play pretty often. I rarely buy RNG stuff, couple dye/mini packs here and there when I am bored. I did just buy the 25 key discount pack to try my hand at RNG and failed miserably, but meh, figured that going in. I don’t ever trade gold —> Gems as I feel like my time is more valuable than money.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I spend 10$. But I spent another 50$ for a second account. So if I ran out of things to do I play my 2nd account.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Probably too much. If you constantly remind yourself that you don’t need anything out of the Gem Shop to play, and that at the end of the day it’s all virtual and you’ll have nothing to show for it, you’ll be slightly better off. Individual mileage may vary.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

Maybe $110? or something like that. Was worth it imo.

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

I usually spend $20 per week for either conversion, mystic stones for kits or trans crystals. I have 2 accounts both with 8 chars with full bank tabs and each char has maxed slots. Festivals i usually blow $50 or more on keys etc and i’ve been known to throw in an extra $50 if i spot something in game i really fancy.
So frankly, a scary amount.
My justification to myself – i’d rather do that than go out drinking once a week (which blows $100 kitten fast!) and this is the only mmo i’ll ever play.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Twiceasnice.7961

Twiceasnice.7961

Ashamedly, none.. Planning on changing that very shortly as I’ve only recently returned to the game (and subsequently wondered why I stopped playing in the first place!)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cassius.5809

cassius.5809

Just over 120 (of our English pounds) I think over a year, which would be about in line with a subscription IMO. I’ve bought trans crystals, dye packs (as an RNG investment which I came out on top from) and 2800 gems to gold to finish my first legendary.

On that note I just won £25 on the lottery (that other RNG game) so that will cover that last purchase!!

Quite happy to carry on buying gems once a month as if it were as subs. But also so gold > gems for things like makeover kits.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: diamondgirl.6315

diamondgirl.6315

Lots. But, as Talissa says; it’s cheaper than drinking.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

reading this thread makes me want to buy some more :>

Roleplayer.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

150 euros… Twice, since my accounts are (nearly) identical. I’m not sure if I wanted to know this, but I was curious. :P

Each account has 20 character slots, 6 bank tabs, several costumes, fluff things, makeover kits…
Many, many gems have been bought with gold as well.

(An oddity are the boomboxes, I basically gathered the gold for these and bought only one for each account. Hurts the perfectionist mind, but I just wasn’t able to grind more gold)

let the sky fall

in Black Lion Trading Co

SLOTH.5231

Some good reading about everyone’s gem purchasing and amounts. ;D

Surely this can’t be everyone who has bought gems but this gives us a pretty good idea the amount of money people are spending.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

I buy $10 a month with real money then buy gems with gold if I want more. I figure the game is easily worth $10 a month.

Not with how they regulate it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

… sigh …

So how are they regulating it Dromar? Because they set it up as a simple closed system to pay for Gem to Gold exchange? Because if you aren’t paying a monthly subscription and they provide a means to dodge paying real cash at the cash shop that it’s unfair that they want to be paid occasionally for playing their game monthly?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

… sigh …

So how are they regulating it Dromar? Because they set it up as a simple closed system to pay for Gem to Gold exchange? Because if you aren’t paying a monthly subscription and they provide a means to dodge paying real cash at the cash shop that it’s unfair that they want to be paid occasionally for playing their game monthly?

The game as a whole, not the gold/gem exchange.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

About $200 since the game launched. I mostly only buy stuff like character slots, bag/bank slots, infinite tools, armor sets, costumes, etc. I’ve exchanged gold for gems ALOT as well. :p

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

This should be merged with the thread in the guild wars 2 discussion subforum.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

Enough that I should be getting a Christmas card and a thank you note from their CFO…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bloody Knight Jack.2546

Bloody Knight Jack.2546

If I’m going to guess from buying this game and spending money on everything else. It would come over to about $800+

Really I could not tell you because I don’t keep track of it to begin with.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

About $40 over the last year…$100’s of dollars worth of gold to gems, though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: coffen.5471

coffen.5471

I’ve not spent one cent of the BLM. I have been tempted to many times but I keep leaving Gw2 for a month then i come back. So i dont know if I should

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I’m ashamed of myself for blowing 100$ during the molten alliance event desperate to get my hands on a molten dagger. I learned from that point not to fund Anet any more cash until they fix that RNG.

Now if I want something I convert gold to gems.

#ELEtism

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

I’m not entirely sure how much I’ve spent over the course of a year. I took a pretty significant break when life got crazy between work and family stuff.

Let’s see – I have both the Chef’s outfit, and the Pirate’s outfit (the toys with those are so much fun), but I bought them when they were on sale. I picked up the molten mining pick, five keys when they were on sale, a few transmutation stones, bank slot, character slot, karma boosters…. Roughly 4600 gems worth of stuff and I have 550 left over. It’s just a guesstimate because I don’t remember the sale prices. It would be really nice if there was a ledger instead of just recent purchases.

Oh and we pre-ordered two copies, and I think my man has spent maybe a little more – he didn’t buy the town clothes, but he did buy bag slots for several of his characters. We really haven’t gone that crazy.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Angry Dutch.2439

Angry Dutch.2439

Hmmz this post actually got me curious so i went and had a look… €605,- sinds start -_- i’d better go and delete that creditcard info so i dont go on drunken spending sprees after i get home from the pub ;p

There is no shame in fear of the dutchman.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I think ~$40. I forgot how much exactly. $10 each for a few months. Only used those to buy gem store items, never convert to gold.

But I refuse to buy anymore gems with cash now because I disagree with the route they take that only focus on pvp.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

About $300. Bought $100 of gems at the start to unlock all bag slots and bank slots, then bought all Infinite tools for 5 characters when they came out. Bought more gems a month ago to expand bank slots again.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kris.4802

Kris.4802

$400+ . I tend not to go out so thats my reason. If i had 40 to go out and i dont, i buy gems and go out

Mordremoth’s triumvirate of evil:
1. Trahearne 2. Scarlet 3. The sylvari that keeps spamming “More violets I say, less violence.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

I’ve likely spent more than 200 so far.
Good job Arena Net. Stop making such good things for me to buy ;-;

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I think I spent 10 dollars, but that was probably months ago- I used to earn gold to transfer to gems but that has gone up way to high… for 24 gold it’s around 300 gems currently. That is Sad.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

I think I’ve spent…maybe $150, I’m not sure. I know I’m going to buy more when Wintersday rolls around.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Just want to say thanks to all you guys funding the Living Story content. /endsarcasm

Unfortunately because you spend RL money, there’s little incentive for ANet to push out an expansion over fluffy 2-week content.

I have spent zero in the gem store, and will continue to spend zero until there’s content that deserves my purchase.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

I have spent zero in the gem store, and will continue to spend zero until there’s content that deserves my purchase.

If you want to punish ANet for not creating content you like, you should stop playing the game entirely. They don’t know why you’re not spending money in the gem store – maybe you just don’t have the means right now. If the population drops because the new content doesn’t hold folks’ attention, well that sends a much stronger message, don’t you think?

Spending money in a cash shop isn’t the only way players support an MMO.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

About $400-$500. I have 6 bank tabs, 18 character slots (and will be buying more) bought over 100 BLC keys, most of the skins that go in gem store, multiple unlimited tools, unlimited salvage kit.. and a load more crap.

EDIT: Holy S*** I’ve just actually checked my paypal to see all payments I’ve made on gems and it’s actually a total of $739 (£462) didn’t think it was that much.

EDIT 2: Seems I’ve spent the most money in these recent months.. spent a total of $143 in October, and so far in November this month I’ve already spent $99.. I seriously need to slow down.

I blame all the kitten RNG.

(edited by Whitey.6185)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KingSteven.9752

KingSteven.9752

Just checked my bank account, 505$.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SlaYer.2138

SlaYer.2138

Close to 100$, I think. I’ve started spending money on gems ever since the exchange has gone below 1g : 30 gem. I figure it’s just not worth my time to farm.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I’ve only spent money on character slots, bank tabs, and one each of the gathering tools.

I’ve converted gold for everything else.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

I’m good at guessing. I’ve spent $250. My previous message states I’ve likely spent over $200.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Spent $10 total so far. By far the best $70 I’ve ever spent (including initial box purchase).

in Black Lion Trading Co

SLOTH.5231

About $400-$500. I have 6 bank tabs, 18 character slots (and will be buying more) bought over 100 BLC keys, most of the skins that go in gem store, multiple unlimited tools, unlimited salvage kit.. and a load more crap.

EDIT: Holy S*** I’ve just actually checked my paypal to see all payments I’ve made on gems and it’s actually a total of $739 (£462) didn’t think it was that much.

EDIT 2: Seems I’ve spent the most money in these recent months.. spent a total of $143 in October, and so far in November this month I’ve already spent $99.. I seriously need to slow down.

I blame all the kitten RNG.

Wow! Now that’s what I’m talking about. I think we have a winner! ;-)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

$30 to convert to gold ( 800Gems = 2.5g ) in the first few months of the game

WASTE OF MONEY!! now that $10 (800 Gems ) gets you 55g

That has turned me off buying gems and i will never again until they either fix this stupid inflation or release an expansion with good looking ARMOR! that this game is severely lacking.. just look at Dragon Age gameplay to see some awesome armor

(edited by VidGhost.3215)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

about 80g
An Error Prevented Saving:

Message Body length must at least be 15.

Are you Shpongled?