How are you supposed to make all that money??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Twosai.2374

Twosai.2374

Q:

I have a lvl 80 now, and from what I have seen on the TP and on random lvl 80 vendors, I am really poor. A good exotic weapon for my Engineer on the TP costs about 20g, and when I had most gold I had around 2. How am I supposed to have all that money??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: exphryl.3857

exphryl.3857

Explorer Mode Dungeons will net about 40s a run (COF is super quick to do).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: monotone.7914

monotone.7914

My main is only 65 and I’ve already had 2g sitting in my wallet. That’s after trading several gold for gems on my way to 65.

If you’re having trouble saving money, it’s not due to the lack of availability. Cut back on needless purchases and waypointing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kira Farcry.8436

Kira Farcry.8436

I have about 9 gold on my level 17 character from just buying and selling items on the market and understanding how the trading system works so that I can make the most profit

Elegance in simplicity; Beauty in design.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Twosai.2374

I have about 9 gold on my level 17 character from just buying and selling items on the market and understanding how the trading system works so that I can make the most profit

I have tried working on the TP for a while but I dont really understand it. Can you give me some tips?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

buy low, sell high?

not really joking in the end its like any finacial market, if you want to make money that way you have to follow trends see what may go up in value, stock up and then sell at higher margins, or farm whatever is selling high and sell before the markets comes down again.

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kira Farcry.8436

Kira Farcry.8436

buy low, sell high?

not really joking in the end its like any finacial market, if you want to make money that way you have to follow trends see what may go up in value, stock up and then sell at higher margins, or farm whatever is selling high and sell before the markets comes down again.

I couldn’t have said it better myself. That’s basically all there is to it.

Elegance in simplicity; Beauty in design.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Balgus.3468

Balgus.3468

Anything Blue, I sell to Vendors unless it’s light armor and medium armor which I can salvage for Mats, Heavy armor i just vendor since you can farm ores. For green and yellow equipment, I do [Posted Price(the price that most people already sell it at) – 5% Posting Fee] – 10% Sales tax. If that is less than the amount an NPC Vendor offers me, then I don’t post it. Otherwise I hang onto it and use it in Mystic Forge, or if I see that it is a decent equip, I just hold onto it until the people selling it at a loss get bought out and start posting it at a decent price.

Personally I think the economy is just kinda sucky right now. I say after a few months it’ll be stable and we’ll start seeing higher selling prices, which would essentially put more money into the economy. As opposed to right now where you have some people selling an item at a deflated price hurting the economy, and some people selling an item at a high price; also hurting the economy. We haven’t really found an equilibrium point as of yet (from what I’ve seen anyway).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Twosai.2374

Thanks for all the tips Though, its gonna be tough for me to learn all this.
In WoW there was always like an “easy” way to do things, but in GW2 everything is more complicated. Im not saying that is bad though. Its gonna be a fun experience

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

I dislike playing the trading post because frankly I’m just not good at it and it really doesn’t seem like there is anything to farm that makes money. The “highly traded” goods list all sell for so little!

I’m hopeful that it will just take time for the trading post to stabilize and for solid money making avenues to develop.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dubzil.6098

Dubzil.6098

If you can’t find things to farm for a decent profit then you’re doing it wrong. Any of the claws, fangs, bones, ooze, totem reagents for crafting cost a LOT of money and people need from 3-8 of them at a time per craft, you can sell them quick, just go farm them. I went into a spider cave in the starting human area and got 20s worth of materials in about 5 minutes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MajorHeartfire.6843

MajorHeartfire.6843

I think the Trading Post has stabilized a lot from when it first came out.

I made 3g off a lucky gut purchase of bulk Jute Scraps which were selling for nearly 15c in the early days of the Trading Post. I sold those for 34c last weekend.

The key to the trading post is well known: buy low, sell high. The extra tidbit everyone doesn’t mention is: when selling, make sure you are making at least 15% of the sale value above what you paid for it – because that is how much it costs to sell on the Trading Post.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: gemmi.2764

gemmi.2764

Currently, I get around 1g per hour by using the Black Lion Trading Company.

Playing the Trading Post is obviously the most efficient way to get legally gold. There are lots of opportunities even for small silver investments. Take for example rawhide leather section which you can buy for 9c and sell for 12c – buy 100 of them and you make 4s profit. There is a huge turnaround in these section, so you’ll get those 100 in a couple of seconds and sell them very fast.

But you have to invest time! Learn and search for markets takes its time.
Even with experiments, I’ve acquired around 40g, so far.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nova.1857

Nova.1857

Currently, I get around 1g per hour by using the Black Lion Trading Company.

Playing the Trading Post is obviously the most efficient way to get legally gold. There are lots of opportunities even for small silver investments. Take for example rawhide leather section which you can buy for 9c and sell for 12c – buy 100 of them and you make 4s profit. There is a huge turnaround in these section, so you’ll get those 100 in a couple of seconds and sell them very fast.

But you have to invest time! Learn and search for markets takes its time.
Even with experiments, I’ve acquired around 40g, so far.

Stop giving away market secrets >__>"

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Silverpoopoo.1476

Silverpoopoo.1476

If a “good” lv80 weapon for you costs 20g, then you are looking at weapons that are a little bit TOO good.

I use staves and they only cost between 3-5g on the trading post for a lv80 exotic, best-of-the-best staff.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mandrax.7342

Mandrax.7342

I’m level 35 and have nearly 4g. I play the trading post a lot, hence my low level but relatively fat wallet. The opportunities for making good cash are there if you want to work for them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: applejuice.6059

applejuice.6059

I’m level 50, been messing with the trading post for about 30 minutes a day and I’m sitting on 50g right now, after starting with about 1g.

It’s definitely doable, and still is, it just takes a little bit longer now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mbelcikuwh.1379

mbelcikuwh.1379

just wondering how can an iron ore which is the next Tier of the refinement after copper ore sells so very very much low compared to the copper ore?

is it because coppers being used by Jewelry also?last time i checked coppers sells even still high than silver ores

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Elle.8064

Elle.8064

Copper will probably sell for more simply because more people need to purchase it to start crafting in a few professions (weaponsmith, armorsmith and jeweler all use it). Also, it seems iron ore is much more abundant than copper ore (from my personal experience). Also, as people level up, they are moving away from copper and have moved on to iron and silver. Iron is more common than silver, so more of it probably being sold on the TP. I do a lot of crafting, and more or less, if things aren’t selling at a price I’m willing to pay, then I don’t buy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ThundernLightning.7508

ThundernLightning.7508

crafted exotics can cost less than 5g and give you exactly the stats you need. You should not go for a 20g weapon off the bat.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

I rarely play the market as I have a bad track record, but I can definitely give you a good pointer this early in the game. Watch the trading post, watch it carefully! At this point in the game you will see that the items at the level of the majority of players is at the lowest price.

That’s why low level items are on the rise a bit, and items in the 30-40 range are low. There’s a glut of items for sale where the majority of the playerbase is. I’d buy green sets that are at a relatively low price because of availability and wait for the majority of players to move beyond those levels. Then you will see a rise in the prices as there are fewer available items, and a larger demand for them from newer players or old players creating alts.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tatty.9680

Tatty.9680

The market is currently in a recession just like real life haha :P we need more spending, go go go. No ones bought any of my items because people are selling them below vendor prices. I cannot compete with crazy people who make losses I’m going to give this market trading thing a go :P

Fear The Chickens – http://cluk.enjin.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Garrix.7036

Garrix.7036

@ the OP: An exotic weapon at 80 will run you maybe 4g, tops. Anything more is likely one of the ‘used in x legendary’ items, and unnecessary for you, so there’s no reason to worry about the price.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Novalight.7568

Novalight.7568

Exotic crafted weapons pretty much sell at production price so idk what weapon were you looking at, but it certainly wasn’t the cheapest one.
Option number two: get out, get materials, find crafter, enjoy your “free” weapon.

“GW2 takes everything you love about GW1” – M. O’Brien
“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“The most important thing in any game should be the player” – R. Soesbee

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Silvermink.1456

Silvermink.1456

I dislike playing the trading post because frankly I’m just not good at it and it really doesn’t seem like there is anything to farm that makes money. The “highly traded” goods list all sell for so little!

I’m hopeful that it will just take time for the trading post to stabilize and for solid money making avenues to develop.

This is how I am in most games. Here, making money from the trading post is so simple. I don’t even try and do well. Buy orders FTW.

The market is currently in a recession just like real life haha :P we need more spending, go go go. No ones bought any of my items because people are selling them below vendor prices. I cannot compete with crazy people who make losses I’m going to give this market trading thing a go :P

I see the exact opposite. The market is in a huge boom. If you are trying to sell blue items on the trader, you’ll lose money though. Prices for desired items have tripled in the last few days, and in some cases 5-10x higher. I sold a level 40 item for almost 90s (who would spend so much on an item to be replaced soon).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Agrimurcio.9715

Agrimurcio.9715

Craft and sell, craft and sell…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeonCadme.4971

DeonCadme.4971

I am just level 50 but I have for the last 10 levels earned around 50 silver to 1 gold each time I sit down and play + new and better items for the character.

The trick is to do things that give you good rewards like open world raids, collect items and sell them to vendors or at the trading post (depending on who gives you the most). Crafting materials seem to be the most effective, I do not need plants, cooking ingredients leather and so on but I gather them because leather as an example bring me around 20-30 silver each day on the trading post Items that you do not need can be disassembled, the components is worth less on its own but more effective to store so that you can fight longer without selling stuff. The trading post takes a small fee so sell large amounts of items at the same time etc

in Black Lion Trading Co

Twosai.2374

I am lvl 80 now and Im just on 1 gold :PP