How high can corn go??

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: brommy.6598

brommy.6598

With Halloween coming to an end candy corn has already started moving up in price with the highest buy orders now around 8 as opposed to 5 only 24 hours ago.

The increase is probably due to speculation at this point, but with the supply of candy corn coming to an end surely the price can only go up.

Also will the loss of power to a large part of America have an effect as these people may have not had much chance to farm corn and will probably need to purchase it to use in future recipes ??

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eigen.4168

Eigen.4168

I would bet there are people who are trying for the endless tonic, which will be out of reach after tomorrow. There probably aren’t as many people actually putting corn into the system as there are people looking to snap it up 30 thousand units at a time.

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Slark.1263

Slark.1263

6 Feet Tall………then pick it, boil it, add a little butter and your golden.

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

If it gets to 10 i’m out lol. Thats double.

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Midnight.9205

Midnight.9205

I would bet there are people who are trying for the endless tonic, which will be out of reach after tomorrow. <snip>

I was of the impression that this could drop out of an ToT bag, and thus would not be out of reach, assuming one had access to ToT bags?

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cub Discus Gig.2176

Cub Discus Gig.2176

Candy Corn prices are going to be huge! get it now before they get very very very expensive.

Killed Again / Jade Sorrow
Underworld
www.valourgaming.com

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tesh.5703

Tesh.5703

The Candy Corn Cartel has spoken!

Killing is just another way of living

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Candy corn is pretty bad IMO when it comes to making significant money. Sure it may go up, maybe even double the price, but consider how much you need to have to make a lot of gold. It only stacks to 250 doesn’t it? You’d make a lot more reselling the weapons.

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Morrar.1764

Morrar.1764

Remember that demand after Halloween will only come from the craftable weapons. You need 2K corn per weapon (the Sigils), but one may wonder whether people find it worthwhile to craft these; the list of other mats is quite expensive and they are only exotic weapons with a decent skin (but nothing like Legendaries).

So there’s firm demand now due to the fact that Candy Corn can still be used for many purposes, but I expect demand to fall too when Halloween has ended.

My 2 cents.

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Quite frankly, I don’t know what the prices will do. I find it a fascinating topic and I am curious to see how it plays out.

Something tells me that alot of players saved candy for when prices go back up. Even when they go up to 50c (that is x10, so it is a BIG if), that is only a profit of 95s per stack of 250.

Not bad for an initial investement of 12s50c but because you got to sell so much of them, it is hardly a game-changer.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

(edited by Tallis.5607)

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

Yeah this is going to be a very interesting item to follow and learn. I have my “bets” (modest one though). The big questions of course is Wintersday and its effect on Halloween prices.,

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Cub Discus Gig.2176

I went down the route of buying a spread of halloween commodities, to see which do well and which dont for future reference, I bought 160 stacks of corn candy and 1500 of the yellow craftable components and 40 of the superior runes.

The rare components are the safest bet for making money (plastic fangs etc) as they were selling at 1c above vendor price,so if they dont move you only lose 1c per unit.

Underworld
www.valourgaming.com

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

I bought 160 stacks of corn candy and 1500 of the yellow craftable components and 40 of the superior runes.

Surely you mean 16 stacks (of 250) and not 160? I like price betting as much as the next trader, but 40k of candy would be a liiiiiittle bit over the top!

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I bought 50 stacks of candy corn, but the price has gone even lower then when I bought them. They will go up eventually, but only as supply goes down as people use it up.

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I didn’t invest to much into candy corn just a modest 4 stacks all farmed. I have a good amount of skulls and fangs.

I just think there is to much candy corn to move to make any money off of it. I also think to many players in on this one. It was to obvious to even someone that doesn’t really play TP prices that it would be a good idea holding on to some corn. I don’t know i think this might be a long term one for any kind of great return.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ovan.5947

ovan.5947

i guess candy will go up, but ToT will be really more expensive. It will be the only way to get the mats for the weapon and since there will be less of them everyday, it will be way more expensive.
Remember that corn isn’t the only mats you need for these weapons.

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: saurus.8290

saurus.8290

candy will go for 1s+

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Cub Discus Gig.2176

I bought 160 stacks of corn candy and 1500 of the yellow craftable components and 40 of the superior runes.

Surely you mean 16 stacks (of 250) and not 160? I like price betting as much as the next trader, but 40k of candy would be a liiiiiittle bit over the top!

Remember thats only ~24g! biggest pain in the rectum is the storage (bank + 2 alts) and the wait for supply to dry up.

Underworld
www.valourgaming.com

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Corn will stay dead until the price on crossing, mad moon, and arachnophobia go up by enough that some people decide they’re actually worth crafting.

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

I got rid of all my candy corn (and even the other halloween crafting materials)… the market looked to be oversaturated and I couldn’t justify the storage space required.

Also, while the skins may not return with next year’s event, I suspect candy corn will return.

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

TBH I considered Trick or Treat bags the safer investment – people will still want the halloween tonics and with the rares coming out too these are more valuable.

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Redrumickey.9672

Redrumickey.9672

Candy corn will crash to nothing right before christmas. Player will be looking to clear bank space for holiday Items and investors will also be looking to stockpile as many chris items as possible .Candy corn will go for vendor prices. later when the chris rush ends and the market is flooded with chris item them maybe candy corn will pull a good price but are you willing to risk back space to hold on to candy corn over christmas items.

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Field Marshal.7946

Field Marshal.7946

I agree. It might be time to dump the corn and hit the eggs/other stuff for the christmas rush. I am sure they will probably come out with the normal candy cane/ ginger bread stuff.

How high can corn go??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Keops.6183

Keops.6183

Maybe candy corn will be used to make candy canes!