How much have you spent?

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Anasurimbor.5763

Anasurimbor.5763

Real currency to gems?

I don’t know for certain, but I can ballpark it at ~4-500$USD.

Far more than I’ve spent on any other game.

at 10-25$ a go, it’s a lot easier to rationalize it.

Gotten some great stuff, between bag slots and fun skins, FAR too many rng items, and many a HOLY KITTYCAT moment when I get, say, Unopened Endless Mystery Tonic, or some other lucrative thing.

Well, not many. But the few that have happened definitely hit my addiction centers, because I’m still spending way too much on RNG.

Bought Braham’s Mace, missed out on the shield.
Missed out on toxic shoulders/gloves.
Spent about 2k gems on char slots for em to go on sale the day after.

Overall, I’m still enjoying the hell outta myself, but are you?

And how much have you spent along the way?

Borlis Pass

Swedgin [FFT] – Norn Guard

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Never bought gems with money but close to 40k with gold.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Somewhere between $1000-$2000

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Vol. Respect. Not for the amount itself, but for being open about it and kickstarting this topic to a whole new level.

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

Vol. Respect. Not for the amount itself, but for being open about it and kickstarting this topic to a whole new level.

That’s nothing. Back in my university days I played this game Hero Online across 4 years or so. Spent almost $10,000 on that game (it was F2P).

I enrolled in a contest that gave me the best, most valuable item in game worth $2000. I ended up getting hacked (then subsequently scammed).

Good times. All that money tho ;(

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I just can’t bring myself to pay for a game after the initial purchase. never played any other MMO because of that.
I do buy kitten-tons of gems with gold, however. A month ago I bought 30,000 gems, still have 10,000 left. total, I’ve probably bought around 200,000 gems total, which would of cost me $2500.

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

I just can’t bring myself to pay for a game after the initial purchase. never played any other MMO because of that.
I do buy kitten-tons of gems with gold, however. A month ago I bought 30,000 gems, still have 10,000 left. total, I’ve probably bought around 200,000 gems total, which would of cost me $2500.

It’s funny – I have a lot of in game gold but I just cannot bring myself to converting it to gems. It feels ‘wasteful’ for me and inefficient, and I feel compelled to just purchase with $. It also doesn’t help that when an item does go on sale, the conversion rate tends to go up and I end up wasting more gold.

If I recall Dulfy shared the same sentiments and she always buys all the latest finishers and all.

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Lots! This is the only thing that I treat myself (except beer and wine).

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: vikkival.2459

vikkival.2459

Sigh. I’m gonna be spending quite a lot soon. I really want a lot of those Lovestruck weapons.

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

$0.00 I just convert gold to gems.

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

That’s nothing. Back in my university days I played this game Hero Online across 4 years or so. Spent almost $10,000 on that game (it was F2P).

I enrolled in a contest that gave me the best, most valuable item in game worth $2000. I ended up getting hacked (then subsequently scammed).

How did you manage to have, let alone spend, $10000 on a game while you were going to university? Rich family? Entrepreneur?

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Last time I checked it was over $900 but I have not bought gems since August.

The Burninator

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

I’ve spent $50 in the three months I’ve been playing. However, I plan on spending much more in the future. I just haven’t had much of a reason to spend anymore.

I bought three character slots, so I can have one of each class. I also got a name change, because I didn’t like the name I originally chose after a week of playing. Grrr! I got a Salvage-O-Matic because I think they’re pretty cool. And lastly, I added to my bank tab. I think that covers it.

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I’m not surprised. Playing a blatant obvious P2W game on the phone right now in a “guild” of 100 people. Every time someone spends $100 you get a gift as well (also for 5, 10, 20 and $50) – not a single day goes by without a single one of those, I’d say an average of 6 daily.

Compared to that I think you are getting really good value here.

I think I’ve spent more than the traditional average of ~ $15 a month, but not much more.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

zero

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Angry Dutch.2439

Angry Dutch.2439

€800,- and I have close to nothing to show for it :p

There is no shame in fear of the dutchman.

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I think mine is close to $500 with the only things I regret buying are 10 black lion keys. If they would just sell things directly instead of putting them in ridiculously low rng chests, I would have bought a lot more.

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Bought maybe 30.000 gems so far, all with gold. However i wouldn’t have a problem with paying something like the usual 15 bucks per month that i normally spent for a subscription.
I also have still over 10.000 gems at the moment

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’ve never specifically kept track, but I’d estimate its probably around the $200 mark by this point, maybe a little more.

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

$75 but I’ll be spending more.

GW2 has been the main game I’ve played over the last year and a bit. I’ve XCom, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite and a handful of other games in that time and generally enjoyed them, but not played more than twenty hours on them. In terms of value for money Guild Wars 2 wins hands down for me, in spite of the fact that I’ve spent as much on gems as I have on the original purchase.

My one regret is that I bought boxes of fun with my first purchase so that I could craft The Moot shortly before they became available in Achievement chests.

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Roughly $400 here. I don’t regret it.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

i got 250 gold on my first day from a black lion chest in january of 13 so i spent a year working through that money in the gem store, i have only recently spent my first 20 bucks in the store but i also have self control ulike most ppl

btw that first 20 was to buy a watchwork pick

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: froacus.6892

froacus.6892

I’m at $100 and will probably spend more once something comes out that I really like

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Around the $300 – $400 figure, all of it on permanent upgrades/items plus some gifts for my girlfriend. Mostly don’t regret it, although the recent Watchwork Pick debacle has soured me on the gem store somewhat. :P

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kamael Srae.7096

Kamael Srae.7096

Probably more than I want to think about. I haven’t really kept track but It’s been at least $10 a month minimum since I started. I would probably peg it at around 350-400…with the months I’ve gone crazy overboard with items I’ve just had to have. And converting it into gold has been a serious addictive lazy out when I get bored farming for items. (But to be honest I get more gold for my time buying it than I do earning it. : /)

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

About $100-150 here, plus $50 GW2 crystals as birthday gift from my sibling and friend last year~ ^^

That’s a lot less than what I’ve spent on PWI xD

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

My number is embarrassing, but I’ll put it here. I’ve spent approximately $2.5k, in various doodads and such. I have a lot to show for it, and I’d say about a third of it has been gifted items to game friends, RL friends, and my husband. I love supporting the game. I buy some gems every paycheck. Usually because there’s something new I want, but sometimes it’s just because I want to support the game.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

40€ I think. Bought the Aetherblade Medium Armor for my Asura Ranger (10€), the Viper Medium Armor for my Human Engineer (10€), 2 bank tabs, a Character Slot on sale, a lot of Transmutation Crystals (some through gold, other through money).
And I’m thinking of buying the Flamekissed armor for my Ele, got a bit bored of the Winged set…

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

How did you manage to have, let alone spend, $10000 on a game while you were going to university? Rich family? Entrepreneur?

My university has a renowned co-op management program. I was lucky enough to have two internship at my time there that paid really well. It helped pay for both my tuition and misc. purchases.

If I hadn’t spent so much money on games I would’ve been able to pay off my tuition out of university, but I only paid it off 2 years after ;|

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I probably liquified those amounts at that time … but heh, who keeps receipts.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I probably liquified those amounts at that time … but heh, who keeps receipts.

The bar man does keep receipts. The bail bondsman also.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: froacus.6892

froacus.6892

My number is embarrassing, but I’ll put it here. I’ve spent approximately $2.5k, in various doodads and such. I have a lot to show for it, and I’d say about a third of it has been gifted items to game friends, RL friends, and my husband. I love supporting the game. I buy some gems every paycheck. Usually because there’s something new I want, but sometimes it’s just because I want to support the game.

The only way I could see this as embarrassing is if you were not able to afford the 2.5k

Obviously you can, and obviously you are happy with what you get for your money.

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

My wife and I have spent less on gems combined since we started playing than it would cost for a single membership in a monthly sub MMO like WoW for the same period. To everyone who spends lots of money in the cash shop so we don’t have to – thanx!

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

Hmm I’m not even sure, probably somewhere in the range of $250-$300. It’s hard to track as I bought a lot of account upgrades near launch with gold when the conversion rate was quite favorable.

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

My university has a renowned co-op management program. I was lucky enough to have two internship at my time there that paid really well. It helped pay for both my tuition and misc. purchases.

If I hadn’t spent so much money on games I would’ve been able to pay off my tuition out of university, but I only paid it off 2 years after ;|

Ah fair enough. Yeah, I probably could have afforded a lot more if I didn’t have to pay for the entirety of my tuition alone. I certainly could afford that level of expenditure these days with that all behind me, but sheesh… I just couldn’t imagine spending that much on a game. I think altogether I’ve spent about $50 on the game in addition to the initial purchase.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

I’m at ~900$ and I got some stuff to show for it… kitten keys.

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zombie.4197

Zombie.4197

Not sure exactly but id estimate about $1800 since I started playing 9 months ago.

Zombexx [RED] 80 Necromancer – NA SoS.
Necromancy is a way of life :).

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

Playing for like 7 months but I spent 10 eur total of real money. This game simply doesnt offer anyhting worth purchasing and the things that are appealing are quire overpriced. I honestly think that 1k gems for a pickaxe is just awful lot considering its just convenience, nothing spectacular. I remember spending quite more money and on a regular basis on league of legens, while I played it, but this gem store never managed to make me do it.

banished from time and space

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

Before I reply, be advised that I have a budget and the money I use to buy gems when I feel like it is accounted for in my budget, so none of you can say I am irresponsible with my money. It is money that I earned from my job and have every right to spend it as I please.

I estimate anywhere between $500-$1000+. I don’t keep track of the exact amount because it was money that I was prepared to throw away and do without. It’s money I do not care about because I have allocated it as such. It was worth it for me because I got myself some extra character slots, some bank slots, those nice infinite use gathering tools, inventory slots, a few skins here and there, some BL keys because I was curious, some makeover kits, and on occassion I make some gold exchanges.

Financial responsibility. Rock yeah.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

My wife and I have spent less on gems combined since we started playing than it would cost for a single membership in a monthly sub MMO like WoW for the same period. To everyone who spends lots of money in the cash shop so we don’t have to – thanx!

This. I think it’s $20 for me and $10 for her (she has a Kindle, so when she buys books, I am allowed to buy gems for the same amount, but often haven’t). Since May ’13.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

I would say I am upwards of $500-$600, maybe a little more. I like to use gems for bank expansions, character slots, BLTC keys though that’s stopped now that they nerfed the chests. Anything, like the infinite picks, sickles and axes, dye kits, mystic stones or fun things like the Quaggan backpack and Mr Sparkles for buying 4000 gems in a month.

One thing that people have missed is that the gem costs haven’t changed yet. I think a 1200 gem card is $15US, it is BY FAR the cheapest manner to gain currency in game.

Before you say “the grind” is free, ask how much money you make an hour. If it’s more than $15 than you should be buying gems and converting them if you are grinding for gold, time is not a free commodity.

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sounomi.8503

Sounomi.8503

I try to limit myself to just $100 per month, though I will admit that I did once learn about the weekly cap on how many gems you can buy with real money. I’ve been playing for a little over a year, so do some quick math to get a rough idea of how much I’ve spent :P

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Nothing at all. There’s nothing in the shop that I want that I can’t easily afford with gold or that I consider worth real money. It helped that I bought a truckload of gems in the weeks following release, when they were dirt cheap. It was all I spent gold on.

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guardian.5142

Guardian.5142

Probably about $50.00 or so. I’m still a fairly old school kind of gamer and am used to “paying” for my game with time spent grinding, farming or raiding as per my interests. I don’t consider days lost as much as days played and enjoyed. When that fun ends, the game does. Move on to the next and keep things light and fresh. I can’t imagine paying so much in a game, even if that amount were easily considered disposable income. Certainly not judging, but I am starting to see how some folks might get the feeling they are more dedicated than others.

Just remember when you think you’ve hit a point where you might be putting too much time and money into this game… that there’s someone else out there who makes you feel “normal”. Probably should be expected of Eve online though…

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/01/28/unpaid-bill-costs-gamer-200000-in-eve-online/

What did ANET do when the sheer mass of the event ZERG was too much for the server to support?
They had to SPAWN MORE OVERFLOWS!

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sky.7610

Sky.7610

$0 and it will stay that way….forever

How much have you spent?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

$500 ish….. I have a good handful of used gem cards around. I really do not want to know exactly

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.