How to Make Gold

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crampz.9120

Crampz.9120

I just wanted to open this thread so that we can post our methods to making gold and link older threads of relevant money making tactics that are still working.

My question is: how do you all make your money without gambling it (Mystic forge, dyes, salvaging) or getting it from dungeons (Only because it causes serious inflation and the reward amount is sticky and fixed.)

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ThePainTrain.8601

ThePainTrain.8601

Suppose i had ways of making 50-100g a day on the tp, be it through crafting / promoting / arbitrage / w/e..

Now suppose i tell the entirety of the Guild Wars 2 Forum goers. What do you think would happen to those markets that i was making money in? The ROI would shoot down so low that it’d no longer be worth my time.

What i CAN tell you is this, if you’re just starting out “playing the tp” get into high yield-low cost mat flipping..you’ll be placing thousands and thousands of buy orders. but your ROI will be anywhere from 10%-25% and you’ll end up making (depending on how long you want to stand at the trader and do this) anywhere from 2-15g a night or more

once you have SIGNIFICANT capitol to invest (250g+) i’d move on to the higher tier mats if you can find one with a decent ROI, or buy into this next season’s living story skins in the hopes they go up in prices.

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

http://www.goldwars2.com Find flippable items, Put buy offer, Flip for profit. People get their item sold quickly at a half-way decent price, and I put the item as buy cheaper than everyone else currently listing thereby causing new buyers who want it quick to have access to it at a reduced convenient price. win win.

Right now the item to flip is Superior Rune of the Ranger; buy offer 1g 5s 59c, sells for 1g 47s 69c, taking into account the 15% reduction you make 20s~ on each transaction.

(though if you want the most bang for your buck, check out recipe: strawberry ghost or rugged string.)

(edited by Xbon.9086)

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

My question is: how do you all make your money without gambling it …

By not sharing it on the forums.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Most of my gold comes from selling stuff.

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Mostly with harvesting stuff that has actually a good price. Having 12 lvl 80s helps a lot with that

Else hunting some mobs for T6 mats now and then.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Blush Lift.3570

Blush Lift.3570

Dungeon’s! Lots and lots of dungeons…

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Overtime in a minimum wage (UK) job is about 60g/hr, probably more now gem prices spiked.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I don’t make any more gold. I only lose gold now.

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

I’ll tell you how I made hundreds of gold.

When you throw four major runes into the forge, it will give you a superior rune some of the time. I found out all the possible superior runes that could come out of it, and assumed each of them had equal probability. Rune prices were pretty stable at the time so I could figure out how much each rune would sell for. So for every four major runes you throw in the forge, you have an expectation of how much money you would get back. Over the long term (I salvaged many thousands of items, I have done the master of entropy achievement more than 1100 times) the RNG will even out.

So, to make money, all I had to do was to have a cheap source of major runes. Therefore I bought light rare armor which, when salvaged, would yield cotton. Cotton was more expensive than linen at the time. My price point was 3 silver 20 copper for light armor, 2 silver 60 copper for heavy armor (iron), and 2 silver 20 copper for medium armor.

Now, of course, you can’t get any rare armor for near that price.

TL;DR: What you’ve got to do is do the research yourself and find your own way to make money. You don’t make money being lazy.

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

How to make gold:

I just promote my copper to silver in the mystic forge, then promote my silver into gold.

Requires Skill, though, in form of Points.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

an aside: it’s not gambling if you have a sufficiently large sample size
- crafting
- investing / speculation
- salvage rares and exotics for ectos/rune/sigil/inscription/insignia
- little bit of opening bags
- little bit of salvaging blues and greens for luck while making a profit
- I might try to get into precursor forging, but I’m not sure enough yet that the profit margin is worth the risk and time.

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Butter…. lots and lots of butter.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I did really well with rosemary sprigs. during season 1 they shot up to over 7 silver each I think.

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I did really well with rosemary sprigs. during season 1 they shot up to over 7 silver each I think.

For a while they were even around 16s .. when we had the Queens Palace event. That time i made 12-15g per hour with harvesting wood and herbs in Dredgehaunt Cliffs. Until ascended armor came out it was still ok with around 8g per hour, but then the wood prices went down

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

eithinan.9841

i managed to pick up a ton of them when they were low earlier in the year. under 80c.

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fenar.4025

Fenar.4025

1. Dungeons. Get good and get into a good group that can clear them fast. You can also use the dungeon tokens to make money. For high level dungeons you can purchase rares and salvage for ecto. For low level dungeons I buy exotics and either throw them in the forge for chance at precursor or salvage. Bonus: you get lots of weapon skins.
2. Farm Orr events with high magic find. Plinx. Melendru. Grenth. Arah.
3. Buy event skins and then flip a few months later for a good profit
4. Lots of other Trading Post strategies that can also work
5. Buy gems and convert to gold

[edit]

Most important of all: don’t spend your gold faster than you make it!

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

Back in the day, when everyone was out in the world and fighting monsters and doing heart quests, they needed armor every few levels. Other players found that armor and put it on the TP. Your job was to find nice gaps in buy/sell orders, and they were on pretty much every green. It’s possible that this flipping still exists, I don’t know.

Think about how people play the game, and then make money off of it. The nature of the TP makes it a money dispenser for anyone who thinks this way, and that’s without any real research.

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

i managed to pick up a ton of them when they were low earlier in the year. under 80c.

I bought like 30 stacks a few months ago when they dipped below 1s, cashed out most of it already hehe

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jayjaydee.3827

Jayjaydee.3827

To a large degree I’ve stopped flipping items on the TP. I have a job and a life, so I get a limited time to play each day. I’d just rather be out there DOING stuff than sitting there babysitting the TP. I do know of a couple niche items that I discovered along the way that I can buy and sell passivly over the course of a week. I stick to those for stable consistent profit, albeit modest. I also know of one item i can consistently and easily craft to sell at a profit. So between those two things I estimate I earn 1-2 gold per day. If I want $$ I run dungeons. I can bust through AC and COF all paths in less than 2 hours with my guildmates. Sell my rares or salvage for extos and I"m good for 15 gold for my time, PLUS experience, PLUS karma, PLUS tokens, PLUS its way more fun. So for me its a no brainer.

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

Sell everything (1s+) even the dumbest low level armor piece on the TP; Run dungeons since that 1
05-3,05g (+the 26s) are basically the only sure income I can see, free from RNG that hates me beyond belief; use the tokens to buy exotics to salvage with good salvage kits; sell the exotic insignias and ectoplasms coming out of them.

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Just doing the easiest dungeons (AC 1+3, SE 1+3, COF 1, HOTW 1) nets you aound 10-15g per day from gold + mats, then if you have crafting to 500, make cloth/ore. I also buy rare armor with dungeon tokens to salvage/or salvage solider armor for insignias (additional 5 to 7g). I make around 55-70g every 3 days just from doing that, and I probably spend just 2 hours per day.

(edited by Shifu.4321)

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

I just wanted to open this thread so that we can post our methods to making gold and link older threads of relevant money making tactics that are still working.

My question is: how do you all make your money without gambling it (Mystic forge, dyes, salvaging) or getting it from dungeons (Only because it causes serious inflation and the reward amount is sticky and fixed.)

I like how you say “so that we can post our methods to making gold” when you actually mean “tell me how to get rich”.

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

eithinan.9841

One thing you can do is find an item that is ultra low priced and buy up a bunch. Then when the market rebounds a little you can make a post on the forums like I made above and push the price even higher to maximize profits.

Thank you to all who helped out get me more gold. And let that be a lesson, whenever something is posted here or on reddit, its too late already.

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sterling.6908

Sterling.6908

Yes doing daily dungeons is good money, so is doing fractals and attending daily World Boss events, hell even chilling out at Cursed Shore and following the zerg is profitable.

If you’re a fairly fresh 80, I strongly suggest following EOTM zergs. You’ll get lots of karma, skill points, WvW levels, essences of luck (salvage material), and of course gold and loot. What ever class you are, try to set up your skills and weaponry so that you’re able to have speed boosts, mobility enhancement, and lots of AoE.

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Daily dungeons the best way to make dependable, tax-free gold and still have some fun along the way. Salvage the greens and blues, sell the rares (with 150% MF I get an average of one rare per path). Get your crafting up to 500 and you can make a small profit from crafting the tradeable Ascended components as well.

I have never had any luck flipping. Followed the guide of flippable items and they just kind of sat there in my sell list for about 2 or 3 days, before I took ’em down shrugs

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

eithinan.9841

There was a recent scam that someone did with ori. They bought up 80k or so and then posted on the forums some misinformation about what jewelcrafting 500 would take and profited. My guess is he will pull about anywhere from 700-1k gold off ori manipulation.

let me reiterate: whenever something is posted here or on reddit, its too late already.

edit: it might be a group of investors.

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

like that sigil of water video?
it’s price went from 4s to 40s, then up to 80s when the patch actually went live, and is now down to 2s :P

(edited by Mystic.5934)

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

crafting Legendarys is easiest way to make gold atm

when your server is green in wvw than go farm EOTM – you make easy 500k+ Karma per Week
so you can craft a Legendary per week for 800-900g profit

you need 2000 gold for precursor + materials and 500 dungeon tokens and 1x world complete (you get 2 per world complete)

all the other stuff you need you can farm in EOTM (but only when green^^)

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

I think red is better off just because retaking our keep is child’s play due to the workshop, then the wurm tunnels make taking other places quicker.

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lightdruid.7689

lightdruid.7689

I play the game for fun. How I achieve my fun is through interaction with people, kicking butt in dungeons, and making boat loads of money.

I learned how to run every dungeon in the game minus arah (not my fav place) with friends when I first started playing. I’ve made many friends from the game. Some have quit some still play and I make new friends all the time in game. As for money, the game gives you so many avenues of money I’m still surprised that most people who have been playing for over a year don’t have a stockpile of gold or a legendary.

Anet is very very very very very very very (is that enough?) predicable on how their patch cycles will work and how to make the most money from it. Even if you don’t realize anet is basically giving you free gold most every patch, the game content provides enough instances to make gold that you should never be short. From dungeons to world events to gathering to crafting, Anet opened up these avenues. All it takes to discover how to make money is to look beyond on the cover. What do people use all day? what do people like to buy? what don’t people ever want to do so they’ll be instead? etc. ask questions that you’d ask as a casual/hardcore player and the game will give you answers on how to make money.

How to Make Gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Flipping legendaries.