I have donated about $300+ to GW2 today.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

What exactly did you use those gems for.

If you have a problem with RNG, turn gems in to gold and buy the things you want.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

I worked hard for the things I got and in everything I did…

… effort I have shed in this game.

Think I found’jer probl’m.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

Maybe he threw all his money down the toilet and didn’t get a precursor. $300 probably would buy a legendary.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

So you spent $300 and now you regret it …and you blame Arenanet? Maybe you should excercise some self control.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

$300 is gems is worth roughly 2980g. That’s nearly legendary weapon territory.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I have played for two years and it took me about a year to get my first exotic, the point being you are not special.

I have played since headstart and I haven’t seen a single precursor, get over yourself.

Also the amount of money you spent on the game has no effect on RNG, if it did it would probably be illegal.

Attachments:

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I mean this in all seriousness: Get help. Stop playing the game. Talk to somebody. What you are doing is not normal, adult behavior, and I don’t mean that as an insult, I mean it as an alarm. If you are prone to depression and obsessive behavior, this is not the place for you to be, and you should be getting more sleep. I wish you all the best.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

If you are that unhappy with the reward (which I am vocal about not likely as well) buying gems is about the last thing you should have done. Buying gems shows you support the game as is.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

I mean this in all seriousness: Get help. Stop playing the game. Talk to somebody. What you are doing is not normal, adult behavior, and I don’t mean that as an insult, I mean it as an alarm. If you are prone to depression and obsessive behavior, this is not the place for you to be, and you should be getting more sleep. I wish you all the best.

Good advice actually.

If you want to throw away $300, do it on something that you are going to enjoy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

It’s hard to know your situation, obviously, but I think Guhracie has the right general idea. If you’re losing sleep over GW2, not over people in it, but over the game itself, then you might need to take a step back and reassess how you relate to it, to the importance of in-game rewards, and so on.

I’m not going to downplay your frustration, but if the game is having that significant an effect on you, things are out of balance. It’s totally normal to feel frustrated, and get mad, but if you’re not having fun, and feeling depressed, the game isn’t serving a healthy role in your life.

My advice: Take a break. Take some time off from grinding. If you reassess what you enjoy about the game, and what you value in it, great, but the first and most important thing is to get a little distance, so you can get a fresh perspective on the situation and break out of that rut.

If taking a break sounds difficult, that might be more reason to do so, and to find someone to talk to about it. I hope things get better!

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Hooo 300 clams? In one go? 3 days with no sleep? Over a game? Oof.
You my friend, need a break. But thanks for supporting Anet

Säïnt

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

$300 is 24,000 gems. 24,000 gems is currently worth 2362.7157 gold That’s very close to the high bid for The Dreamer and can buy The Moot mace outright.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

By paying for gems you were telling Anet that you supported their RNG model. You should share some of the blame.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

By paying for gems you were telling Anet that you supported their RNG model. You should share some of the blame.

No. By paying for gems you were telling ANet that you liked some things in the store… If I add up every gem purchase I did, I’d probably be over that mount of money, but I love multiple characters and those limitless gathering tools… I won’t buy those RNG items, though…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

$300? I’d have spent that on new kit for my camera.
There is nothing, nothinv in the game worth blowing $300 on. Apart from the initial outlay for the game itself I’ve spent … $40 on gems. Mainly to buy some of those armours and one weapon skin.

In case anyone intended to ask, yes I have had precursors drop and have made my legendary. None of which cost me real life money. Succumbing to this means you seriously need to rethink the priority of this game over your life.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

$300 eh? Well, I’m not ashamed to admit if I had $300 to toss at GW2 I’d probably do it. I look forward to someday winning the lottery and buying everything off the gem store. All outfits/armors/weapon skins up there, finishers, upgrades, 500 transmute charges, enough black lion keys to open all the chests in my bank…

I like the game and do want to see it succeed. I buy gems every now and then in small quantities, but yeah. I promise when I hit the lottery to sink like, $10,000 in gems. Just give us Cantha.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

grats OP, you just became part of the reason of why the game is in such state as it is right now. If your biggest complaint is RNG and poor rewards, supporting gem shop, which is the sole reason of your complaining, is the last thing you should do.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Precursor crafting was talked about in 2012, nothing changed.

The game was released in August 2012. An alternate method of obtaining a precursor was first mentioned in early 2013, an official announcement regarding it was made mid-2013, we were warned that it wouldn’t be introduced before the end of the year in late 2013 and as of March 2014 it was announced that they were rethinking aspects of the proposed system because of upcoming changes to the game (particularly the wardrobe, which increased demand for Legendaries considerably).

It’s a delicate issue that needs to be done correctly or not at all. The system represents only a handful of items but they are some of the biggest long-term goals and anything that affects Legendaries and their components affects the game as a whole. The devs remain aware that this is a concern for many veteran players but they have to think of the entire game and all the players, not just the few who complain about it on the forums.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

I actually do agree with you, it’s just the thought that my life is kitten and every MMO (except WoW, but stop it before and because of MoP) I played has been an unrewarding experience in terms of drops and etc. It’s nice to have some part of your life that does well,(i.e a game that you play) be a little more successful and motivate you to be happier.

I have a bitter taste in my mouth, but at least now I feel slightly progressed and able to enjoy other things in the game, since I was turning really obsessive over acquiring a legendary.

It is helpful to keep in mind a variation of the MST3K Mantra:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MST3KMantra

“It’s just a game; I should really just relax.”

Games are supposed to be entertaining. If you find yourself taking things that happen in the game too seriously, or if it encourages unhealthy behavior, do something else. No matter how much time, effort, money and/or emotion you invest in this game, eventually you will move on to other interests and all the “stuff” you accumulated within the game will be left behind. It’s just pixels.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vladimer.7051

Vladimer.7051

Congrats.

Although you did not donate you purchased something there is a difference.

I am not against spending money on a game. People spend thousands of dollars on their Hobbies or addictions.

I have a good alberta salary I do not smoke or drink so I invest real money in this game. Not saying numbers but most would cringe.

It’s not a horrible game ( I don’t agree with everything they do ) but at the end of the day it’s the best mmo I have ever played.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vladimer.7051

Vladimer.7051

As well for a game that does not have a monthly fee they need to generate revenue some how to keep the game alive. Complain now you non spenders. But if no one purchases gems the game may die.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

@Dizztrack: thanks for helping to keep the game in the financial black, so all of us can continue to enjoy what it has to offer. I’m sorry for your bad luck rolling the dice.

For myself, I never spin the wheel for stuff I want, unless most of my enjoyment comes from the anticipation of getting something stellar. In all other situations, I put in buy orders on the TP for the amount I’m willing to spend, without RNG.

Good luck and I hope your future rolls are better than average.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

THEY’RE JUST SKINS

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

I don’t see anything wrong with dropping $300, provided you have a job and you enjoy the game. For some people, they don’t have the time to play/farm that gold, yet they still want access to those items. That’s why we’ve got the gem store/gem conversion.

That said, if you dropped $300 and don’t feel you got your money out of it…then stop now, as dropping more won’t make things better.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Sounds like the OP used the gems to fund a legendary? If so, that doesn’t say what you speak of in your post.

However, if the OP spent it opening RNG boxes, well that’s a totally different story.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Sounds like the OP used the gems to fund a legendary? If so, that doesn’t say what you speak of in your post.

However, if the OP spent it opening RNG boxes, well that’s a totally different story.

It seems he bought gems and converted to gold then tried to get a precursor from the mystic toilet instead of buying directly since he said “Also, according to my country’s currency it was 2000+g, which was the amount paid for the t6 I sold to throw in the toilet and buy the precursor.”

So, instead of using that 2000 plus gold towards buying a precursor he used it to gamble, and then lost.

/shrug.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

I assume he didn’t buy immediately with 300$ at once, I’m guessing he started with 20$ or so, then kept playing, throwing the same amount of money hoping there would be a prec-drop to make up for the money already lost and kept going until he was around 300$ down and quit. That’s the typical way how people gamble and lose money

9 Guardians later…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Woah, woah, I’m back again and still baffled. After perusing the posts here it sounds like you purchased the gems, converted to gold then dumped in the toilet for a precursor drop? Please tell me I’m wrong here. Please. Like why not but the pre outright?

Säïnt

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Please. Like why not but the pre outright?

Some people prefer to use the forge. Isn’t it up to them to decide how to spend their coin?

I agree that the average results from playing a lottery is bupkus or worse and I agree that people should reset their expectations accordingly. But at the same time, it’s human nature to assume that this time, RNGesus will smile upon them and be disappointed.

I don’t get angry at people when they do that, I just try to explain how the numbers work and let them decide how best to make use of the data.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Well, not that much money in my country. I easily burn through this on a weekend with eating and drinking. But if you can’t afford it then it’s of course a lot of money. I don’t like this model and is one of the many reasons I quit playing. If they keep throwing cosmetic items at us instead of creating new content I won’t come back.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

WTF? 300 $ and you spent it on RNG? You need medical attention man. for 300 you can buy precursor and all the stuff needed to make legendary. Your greed activated bad RNG because you thought you can get 5,6 precursors all at once. GZ to the RNG.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

300$ is peanuts compared to what I’ve spent in the gemstore over the last 2 years.

In Defence of the OP: it’s a big psychological hurdle to buy gems with the purpose of buying gold directly. Many prefer to spend it on RNG items to justify their spenditure whereas ultimately, buying gold directly with gems would have been the more logical choice.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

300$ is peanuts compared to what I’ve spent in the gemstore over the last 2 years.

In Defence of the OP: it’s a big psychological hurdle to buy gems with the purpose of buying gold directly. Many prefer to spend it on RNG items to justify their spenditure whereas ultimately, buying gold directly with gems would have been the more logical choice.

Also a big psychological hurdle? WASTING $300 on luck instead of simply buying the item directly. Also a big psychological hurdle? wasting money on ugly skins especially 300 dollar, with 300 bucks you could buy the new One Plus One cellphone.

OP thought he was being clever and wise and he got burnt for it, real big.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.