I put money down for a weapon

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dreage.6312

Dreage.6312

I put 14 gold down for eternity thinking i could take it out, but now i can’t get it back. Is this as intended or is there a way to get the money back?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Yes. You go to “My Transactions” and from the dropdown window you can select: “Items I’m Buying”. It should be listed there. You can click on “Remove” to get your gold back in pickup.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

when you click ‘Remove’, the gold is placed in your ‘items to be picked up’ tab – you have to go pick it up to get it into your wallet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I put 14 gold down for eternity thinking i could take it out, but now i can’t get it back. Is this as intended or is there a way to get the money back?

As your question was answered by the other posters, why would you put in a buy order for Eternity for 14g?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I think he means that Eternity is so expensive he had to take out a loan (Black Lion Mortgage Company) with a14g downpayment, but now he’s having second thoughts.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

As your question was answered by the other posters, why would you put in a buy order for Eternity for 14g?

The were probably using it as a type of bank to store gold for later removal. Following the forced pooling of account currency change that was made, and storing gold in the personal bank was removed, many players wanted a way to keep gold out of their wallets to prevent accidental, large purchases. Many players also role play and wanted to only keep gold available to a character earned by that character (live within its means type of thing). Since they removed the secure storage of gold from the bank, players had to find alternate ways of storing gold out of their wallet. One such method was placing buy orders on legendaries that would never get filled and they could withdraw that gold at any time if they needed it and it prevented accidental purchases that may have been made had it been in their wallet. Others chose to go the route of storing their gold in their personal 1-man guild bank…but there is still a bug that causes guilds to disappear, though most reappear after re-logging in again. Also, guilds can be deleted by game admins if the name is reported and found inappropriate, or the guild letters happen to spell something some may deem inappropriate. So the guild may even get deleted without warning and all items (and gold) in the guild bank could be lost simply because someone else reported it and it was seen as potentially offensive. So the guild bank does not seem secure to many. Buy orders on legendaries to store gold securely for later collection is still the most viable method to store gold outside of the wallet.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

of course, if the order does go through, you are one happy camper.
I believe Creed Bratton said something about always betting on million-to-one odds, because every once in a while you’ll turn $1 into $1,000,000.