Infinite tools

Infinite tools

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: umskiptar.5641

umskiptar.5641

I am interested in obtaining infinite tools. I’m kicking myself for not snagging the sickle that just expired.

My question is, does anyone know when I’ll be able to get the tools? Is there a schedule or something?

Infinite tools

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Pot luck. They pop up once in a while and recently they cycled through all 9(?) at one a week so I wouldn’t expect them back around for a while.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Infinite tools

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

I dont know why they dont just leave them on offer all the time? surely it woudl be better for sales, and I cant think of a downside at all gameplay wise.

Infinite tools

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Surely its NOT better for sales or they would do that.

Its a pressure sales. Its not going to change.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Infinite tools

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

Surely its NOT better for sales or they would do that.

Its a pressure sales. Its not going to change.

It’s not really pressure sales though. People will just wait in advance and get them when they’re out if they want them.

Infinite tools

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I dont know why they dont just leave them on offer all the time? surely it woudl be better for sales, and I cant think of a downside at all gameplay wise.

It’s about making them seem rare, rare = desired, with these limited time offers they’re likely creating a huge amount of impulse buyers.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Infinite tools

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

It’s about making them seem rare, rare = desired, with these limited time offers they’re likely creating a huge amount of impulse buyers.

Funny because it’s working in the opposite for me. I’d like to buy the tools, but when they’re up, I don’t have the gems/cash to buy gems for them. When I do have the money/gems for the tools, they’re never up, so I never buy gems.

Infinite tools

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

An item on sale or available for a limited time drives more immediate sales than an item that is always at a lower price or perpetually available. It’s to easy to put off a purchase until “later”, when ever that will be. It’s better for a retailer’s bottom line to get people to “hurry up and buy now” that later.

In the real world JC Penny, a department store in the US for you EU readers, tried switching to a permanent sale price model and sales plummeted. Shoppers have been trained for decades to wait for sales and if you have no sales, they go to your competitors with the sales.

Also I’m sure ANet’s masters check the books monthly for income and grumble when it’s below their expectations or projections.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Infinite tools

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Funny because it’s working in the opposite for me. I’d like to buy the tools, but when they’re up, I don’t have the gems/cash to buy gems for them. When I do have the money/gems for the tools, they’re never up, so I never buy gems.

Given how they just did one a week for nine weeks I dunno if it’s wise to take your post legitimately rather than just a random whine unless you’re being paid on a 3 month schedule or something far out of the ordinary.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Infinite tools

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

This way it leaves them room to create new versions. I’m expecting a new set to arrive.