Is selling items over the mail legal ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MARKONINI.4153

MARKONINI.4153

If I send an item to someone and he sends me back the predetermined amount of gold for it (in order to avoid the TP tax and the waiting) are we braking any game rules ?

In “Guild Wars 2 Conduct Breaches & Outcomes” it is said like this “Selling or buying a Guild Wars 2 account, in-game item, service or gold for real-world currency in a manner not authorized by Guild Wars 2 and us; selling a Guild Wars 2 account for in-game currency; aiding others in such transactions, or advertising the intent to commit such acts”. Does that mean it is OK with the game rules to sell items over the mailing service as long as neither play feels scammed or tricked ?

Also is advertising that I want to sell an item using this system in “map” chat against the game rules ?

I’m sorry if a thread concerning this topic already exists but i wasn’t able to find it.

Tinypaws / Tiny The Charrdian / Marko The Guardian

Guardian has no alternative :)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

Not against the rules, I don’t think. But it’s definitely not supported. So if you get scammed, that’s on you.

Also, please don’t spam map chat. Maybe say it ONCE. Any more than that and you’re just being a kitten.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sanictoofast.9317

sanictoofast.9317

okay why isn’t trading a thing yet? should i make my own topic for this?
its just a box window with boxes inside the box where u move ur box icons and click the trade box and confirm box

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

I think there’s so much scammers among the ppl who sell their items from mail.
I would never trust them. This game just needs a safe trading system between 2 players like gw1’s trading system. Until this feature comes, don’t trust anyone and buy your items from tp.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I would never trust them. This game just needs a safe trading system between 2 players like gw1’s trading system. Until this feature comes, don’t trust anyone and buy your items from tp.

The Trading Post is exactly that, a safe trading system.
The tax and fee is also a great gold sink to keep inflation in check.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

The Trading Post is exactly that, a safe trading system.
The tax and fee is also a great gold sink to keep inflation in check.

Indeed, this game doesn’t have any required massive gold sinks like mounts etc. Instead we have the TP. By not using the TP and using the mail you’re not part of the inflation solution.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

We certainly don’t need a trade system where everyone is spamming map chat all the time.

Also, what Wanze said ^^

/Thread