Is there some way to get Trading Post prices....

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

Q:

Is there some way to get the Trading Post pricing to stop being so stupid?

I spend more time and money on salvage kits then I do even attempting to place an item for sale on the trading post.

It is very simple.

For items 0 – 5 you charge no more then 50 copper.

for items 6 – 10 you start at 60 copper up to maybe a silver.

for items 11 – 15 — 1 silver to maybe 2 silver for masterworks

for items 15 – 20 1.5 silver to 2 silver.

Then so forth and so one.

massively over charging for a 0-1 is bull

but at the same time charging 20 copper for a level 20 item?? SALVAGE KIT!!!!

Come on people wake up get with it. Try and make some money in the trading post but at the same time don’t try to rip others off or yourself for that matter

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

The reason the materials from salvaging are worth so much more is because everyone is trying to level their tradeskills. The items they make are unloaded on the TP to try to make some of the cost back. In many (if not most) cases the final item is worth less than the materials used to craft it. This may change over the coming weeks, but for now at least get used to salvaging.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

2 millions bought the game, a lot of them improving their crafting skills. Of cause prices for crafted products are ridiculously low while materials are high. That is VERY basic economical knowledge. TP charge is fine as it is, we do not need to “wake up”. With lower charges, daytrading will start. While that is not a bad thing per se, for me it does not feel right in the GW environment.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Krosslite.1950

hmmm I am talking about non crafted items as well

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

may I ask what level you are? Good items sell for a lot, but personally, I didn´t check the TP for items before I reached 80. With the speed of leveling, it wasn´t worth bothering with items being outdated in one hour of playtime. I can imagine many players think like that, so low demand on items below endgame levels.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Krosslite.1950

may I ask what level you are? Good items sell for a lot, but personally, I didn´t check the TP for items before I reached 80. With the speed of leveling, it wasn´t worth bothering with items being outdated in one hour of playtime. I can imagine many players think like that, so low demand on items below endgame levels.

my highest is 25 and I have been playing since launch. I like to take my time

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rhiaden.3986

Rhiaden.3986

Many people are not used to the differences in the trading post to the AH systems in many games, and are going with the recommended price, which leads to things being 1 above vendor price ^^

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wazabi.1439

Wazabi.1439

2 millions bought the game, a lot of them improving their crafting skills. Of cause prices for crafted products are ridiculously low while materials are high. That is VERY basic economical knowledge. TP charge is fine as it is, we do not need to “wake up”. With lower charges, daytrading will start. While that is not a bad thing per se, for me it does not feel right in the GW environment.

Looking at all the TP related post, I have 2 conclusion: People lacks fundamental economic knowledge (some with half baked thinks they do due to Dunning Kruger effect), and can’t handle competition.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ethros.1453

Ethros.1453

When I see the TP listing over 300 of an item for sale at 1 copper over vendor cost, I wonder if people know they will be losing money? Once the TP takes it’s cut you make less than you would have if you vendored it.

I end up selling a lot to the merchant NPC for that reason.

I have actually wondered about that as well. Why put an item just 1 copper above the merch price. The 15% tax if the thing sells will net you less than what the merch would give you if you just sold the item to it.

~Mr. Illuminati
Inspiration is only as good as it’s interpreter

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: starii.3865

starii.3865

The market will eventually even out. Give it a month or two – so many people are in the earlier areas that a lot of the mats, drops, and such items are just really common.

Anyway, it’s a free market. It would be ridiculous and stupid to put imposing limits on things. After all, some items are far more rare than others regardless of levels, and some don’t even have levels. Your suggestion wouldn’t work at all.

I do, however, think that people shouldn’t be able to post offers for items below the vendor price. If people want to be stupid enough to sell for 1c over vendor just to think they’re making profit, that’s their own stupidity and fault. I personally just sell all my extra stuff in TP instead of vendor, though, and salvage what I don’t sell. I’ll take it out after a week or two and recheck prices – usually I’ll salvage that stuff as well.