Is this healthy for the game?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

I recently came across this image of someone with multiple legendary precursors. I am in disbelief, as it appears that those who were saying players are controlling the precursor market were correct.

What does everyone think about this matter?

edit: Can a moderator please move this thread to the Black Lion Trading Company forum? Thanks.

Attachments:

(edited by Celestea.4105)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Wow! I wonder how they managed to get all of them? I’ve been playing since first beta and I’m not close to getting even one! Granted I don’t farm or run dungeons, just play normal pve map completions etc. So yea I’m certainly missing out on something here.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: realloc.5846

realloc.5846

This is very old screenshot that illustrates a results of so-called “Godskull exploit” that existed in first months after release. The exploit was fixed but afaik the exploiters weren’t banned and exploited precursors weren’t remove from the game.

IMO it was the biggest mistake Anet ever did with GW2. But whatever happened, happened.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Excelliate.7914

Excelliate.7914

If you play around with the trading post, you can make huge amounts of money (if you know what you’re doing and have a bunch of money to start). Once you get enough, it’s not terribly hard to flip a precursor, and of course, with even more money, you can attempt control the supply.

Regnum Ascalon [RegA] ~~ Dragonbrand

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

I recently came across this image of someone with multiple legendary precursors. I am in disbelief, as it appears that those who were saying players are controlling the precursor market were correct.

He has 100 gold but didn’t buy extra bank space.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Celestea.4105

This is very old screenshot that illustrates a results of so-called “Godskull exploit” that existed in first months after release. The exploit was fixed but afaik the exploiters weren’t banned and exploited precursors weren’t remove from the game.

IMO it was the biggest mistake Anet ever did with GW2. But whatever happened, happened.

Oh this is an old screenshot? I guess that sort of makes sense then. Still though, you’d think that if someone had that many, they would just make 1 twilight and 1 sunrise, while keeping to rest to sell at a later time like now, where the weapons average 600g each. =P

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

Oh this is an old screenshot? I guess that sort of makes sense then. Still though, you’d think that if someone had that many, they would just make 1 twilight and 1 sunrise, while keeping to rest to sell at a later time like now, where the weapons average 600g each. =P

The thing is, all of these are still in the market. ANet sort of just let it slide essentially. This became the foundation of something bigger as precursors were much cheaper back then.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

Truly disheartening! I have been playing the game and working my kitten off to only make a single legendary and I’m not even half way there and this exploiter is just sitting with 20 precursors in his bank? Broken is broken! It’s time to rethink my priorities.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

This makes legendarys even less legendarys. In my eyes they are only hard skins to get, nothing legendary about them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

That some people care to much about others insteand of theirselves and even make assumptions which arent legit without proof, or try to mislead a valid reason of why this guy has that.

In my pov…good for him, he probably used the mf or trade wars or bough a lot of precursors in the early days where the cost was like 10-15 gold…or even less.

At the end…i dont give a cat.

I took an arrow to the knee

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

That some people care to much about others insteand of theirselves and even make assumptions which arent legit without proof, or try to mislead a valid reason of why this guy has that.

In my pov…good for him, he probably used the mf or trade wars or bough a lot of precursors in the early days where the cost was like 10-15 gold…or even less.

Here is a response to what I can salvage of the point of your post.

Because you live in a bubble, the ebbs and flows of the economy makes no impact on you. Other people more actively involved in the economy either benefited or are hurt by the surviving exploits.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Celestea.4105

Except precursors were never at 10-15g. During pre-release dusk and dawn were listed for 60g.

The author of this image also admitted to using the goldskull exploit, so you’re the only one here making assumptions.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

I see one proven dusk, the rest could just be random swords, and the “dawn” swords could be just that one named something with the golden sword, it has the same skin. Looks like someone wanting to brag more then actual truth. All i see is a dusk and about 10-20 g of items (and 100 g in the bank of course)

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

Guys, bots and gold sellers. Anyone? I know anet needs to make money but if the Legendarys werent tradable on TP falf the bots that are on the game would just disappear.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

not seeing fractals in the chat pane in lion’s arch. The screenshot predates 11/15

Still, a bag full of precursors only proves manipulation of the market.

This is a very, very bad place for the in-game economy to be.

the distribution is beyond skewed, and i’m very, very surprised ANet did not strip the exploiters of their ill-gotten godskull gains.

No bans necessary, just prevent things like this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Celestea.4105

I see one proven dusk, the rest could just be random swords, and the “dawn” swords could be just that one named something with the golden sword, it has the same skin. Looks like someone wanting to brag more then actual truth. All i see is a dusk and about 10-20 g of items (and 100 g in the bank of course)

This image is back from early september,last year.

It’s entirely plausible that these weapons are khrysaor’s which have the same skin as dawn, however to use that much gold at an early point in the game just to pretend you have a bunch of dawn’s is kind of weird.

There were also other images of players who had similar results, as there was a big thread on gw2guru which people were using to do the goldskull thingie.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/65857-mystic-forge-4-rares-into-lgd-precursors-have-been-changed/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

They always let them keep the ill gotten goods. from karma/godskull/araha and beyond.
Notice when they ban people it is only 200* that is the magic number. It makes it look like they are actually doing something but they arent.
They let the economy be dominated from the start by their friends and wont ban them.
So now we are stuck – 25 people have 95% of the TP wealth that is how it is until Anet decides it has had enough. But they wont hurt their friends so it wont happen. + they wont give up the opportunity to sell gems for those astronomical prices even if it means losing players like it has been.
Your recourse is to fight against them and avoid the Legendary market or Join them that is all there is to it.
And yes exploit is pays off.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

Sadly anet has shown that exploits are worth using and if you do get banned just demand a refund.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avatar.1923

its just a game guys, what does it change if a guy have 22 precursors ?
doesnt change your game…
unless you plan to buy one of the TP…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As this thread is not inviting to a constructive & healthy discussion, it is now closed.

Also please remember to avoid making statement about a possible exploit. Many players can be “rich” in-game without exploiting. Every concerns regarding exploits should be sent via e-mail to “exploits@arena.net”: exploits@arena.net.

Thank you for your understanding.

(edited by Moderator)