Is this really ok anet? Seems wrong!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cerberus.1937

cerberus.1937

This isn’t another complaint thread its a thread for getting a understanding of what is happening!

Is this latest update a double standard or are the other skins that were unobtainable going to make a comeback as well; aka year 1 Halloween weps and such seems unfair to undercut and devalue just some items like jetpack that was selling near 700? Now listed around 400-500, but not bring back the ghastly grinning shield selling at 3500 as that may seem or come across as a double standard to only bring back some 1 time only items.

You stated that rare 1 time event items will not be back, items like ghastly grinning shield from Halloween year 1, molten jetpack from molten facility, ect. This latest update seemed to bring back the molten jetpack and other 1 time only items thus decreasing their value on tp another thing that was told would not happen .

However I will remain objective as there are two sides to this.

1) those that got lucky drop during event or bought it off tp; for whatever high price item was at, either got undercut trying to sell a once rare item or felt cheated paying a huge price for items that were thought to be unobtainable any other way.

2) those that did not get lucky drop first time round and could never afford the price on the tp can have another chance at the 1 time only item

so the objective side feels great that those that missed the opportunity to get this have another chance, however cant help but feel bad for those that had to pay that high price under the information that it was not coming back or those that were selling theirs.

Which brings me to my final question.

1) are other one time only skins making a return so all have a fair chance at all one time only items, or is this going to remain a double standard that will likely frustrate and maybe anger the player base as only some 1 time only items will ever make a return?

everyone has their opinions some feel that one time only skins should never come back staying rare. others feel that 1 time only skins should make a return as some tried their best but were just unlucky and did not receive one. I do not care either way my only concern is that only some 1 time only items are retuning making it a double standard.

ps again no rage posts and no debating if 1 time only items should or should not return; this is only about some 1 time only items returning and some not.

keep it constructive!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

Yes please don’t bring skins back so those with a lot of gold can monopolize these markets and make even more killing on the market.. Jeez, there should always be a possibility that these skins can come back so that these people literally BURN with their shady intentions..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Actually, I’d say that this should serve as a warning to those who have invested into the Year 1 Halloween weapons. Better unload them before Halloween 2014 rolls around. You never know anymore…

in Black Lion Trading Co

cerberus.1937

……um maybe my point was missed but its basically this:

1) always be fair; meaning, if you bring some 1 time only skins back you should bring them all back.

here is an example customer A buys limited edition one time only wep that is listed for 1000 gold because that is the only way to get it in the game as it has 0 chance to be obtained by any other way anymore. However customer B either gets one free as drop through luck as they start dropping again or pays lower price 500 gold, because they are dropping in game again.

…but later same wep comes back to game and someone gets it as drop for free and price listed falls

again I don’t care that weps come back, but it should be all 1 time only weps to make it fair to all not hey you have a one time only wep that never came back worth 1000 but someone else has a 1 time wep that was never supposed to come back but did now theirs is worth less than half what it was. What is done to some 1 time only weps should be done to all 1 time only weps either:

A) bring no 1 time only weps back (that ship has sailed as some already came back)

or

B) give everyone a chance at all the one time only weps again not just bring back some of the 1 time only weps leaving others never coming back.

seems unfair to those that have 1 time only weps to only bring some back and not all of them; that make a little more sense on what I was trying to ask?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MadDemon.7548

MadDemon.7548

I’m still waiting for them to do with skins what they did during Queen Jennah’s Jubilee, when we could earn skins with in game tokens and events, not with the cash shop.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

If they’ve changed their mind about re-adding exclusive content (which was hardly promised, it was one ArenaNet staff member that said it, not like it was a PSA or something by the company as a whole) – I wouldn’t mind seeing Marjory’s weapons (namely Axe) or the Bone Pick back in the gem store, due to medical circumstances I was unable to get either of these items and I would like a second chance at them.

And I’m sure a lot of people would like second chances at Halloween 2012, since a lot of folks who got their games in the later half of the year probably weren’t leveled enough to enjoy the event.

Oh well, whatever they do they will do but at least we know these options aren’t off the table now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

Gem Store only items like Marjory’s weapons are pretty much guaranteed to make a return at some point.

I’m unsure if the Bone Pick will return, seeing as how it was tied to the Tequatl Rising release, but given that the other unlimited tools have made return appearances, I think it is likely it may make a comeback during Halloween.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

This is not Market Simulator 2014, deal with it.

Bring everything back, the more people enjoying cool looking stuff the better.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

in Black Lion Trading Co

cerberus.1937

why is no1 getting the point I am trying to make.

I don’t care if skins that were one time only come back in fact I am all for it I don’t believe that skins should be one time only because of people having different things come up in life and might miss something. However for some reason they made 1 time only skins and my point is this and only this:

1) if you are going to bring some 1 time only skins back, but not others you are basically choosing to devalue only some peoples investments and items.

To make it clearer

If you bring some 1 time only skins back bring them all back so everyone has a fair shot at them all not just some and some never coming back

ps wasn’t really taking gem store items but I guess that can be a valid point

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

Well, if you’re asking for stuff like the Halloween 2012 skins to be brought back as well, then yes, I support you 100% all the way. Gem store skins have a precedent of coming back for special sales, so I’m not worried about them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

cerberus.1937

YES that’s what I am asking if you bring back some one time only skins aka jetpack, monocle, ect you should bring the rest back as well greatsaw, ghastly grinning shield, ect. The 2 main reasons for this being :

1) you give people that weren’t lucky or missed the chance a chance to get one and not pay the high tp prices

2) you don’t bring back 1 time only skins and you will get prices like ghastly shield 3500 gold doesn’t make sense to brink back some one time only skins and not the rest then your just driving the price of the other skins you chose not to bring back to astronomical prices

its like telling half the players we are bringing your items back and the other half your items will never come back what would be fair is; if your bring some back, bring them all back!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

They only think they did wrong was not allowing the old skins come back during last halloween event,just charge 10-12lion tickets for old skins it will still be overpriced.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

Aren’t the things coming back the ones associated with Scarlet’s forces anyway? Molten jetpack, monocle, gas mask (I heard it came back anyway, unless people just mean the land variant aqua-breather,) zealot’s recipes etc.

The only things not directly hers are the dragon coffers, but she was still related to that event.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Okay, can I actually see confirmation about these “limited time rewards” coming back? All I’ve seen is vague statements and nothing concrete at all. I saw something ingame about “Oh, do this event over here because you have a chance to get a 600 gold worth item!” and when asked… no actual information.

edit: Okay, so the ultimate save bag drops them. Probably not a high rate, and frankly these items are all related to the Scarlet forces. It’s not like we are stomping through a krait base and finding molten jetpacks or monocles….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I’m with the Cerebus guy.

I’m always the advocate that there shouldn’t be limited item.

But the problem now is Anet just randomly toss item up or down they felt like it.

They should implement a system like what they did with blacklion weapon. Make items cheaper if you try to obtain it during event, but you can still get it later, it’ll just cost more.

So that’ll stable the price, but still give people incentive to play during event.

in Black Lion Trading Co

cerberus.1937

in my opinion the reward system for super adventure box was the best system they have and don’t know why they cant do that for these special event items. Why should luck be rewarded over hard work, dedication, and skill…and no that is not elitist, luck should be a reward, but shouldn’t be the top tier reward. Meaning skilled, hard working, and or dedication should be at least the same rewards as luck, here is what I mean.

3 players

player 1 skilled player rewarded with level 80 characters, dungeon gear, and fotm token ascended gear

player 2 hard working player rewarded with level 80 characters, dungeon gear, some fotm ascended gear, level 500 crafting ascended gear, and generally some money from dedicated farming of mobs, world bosses, or many hours of play time

player 3 everything and anything in the game why because they are lucky they get lucky drops precursors, big money rare event items, special luck only ascended teq hoard chest ( cant sell teq hoard but it is obtainable by luck drop only), which they can turn around and sell to make money and buy more stuff and why does luck reward the highest again?

I am not one of the few blessed lucky ones and that’s fine this isn’t really about who is the richest person in the game its about fun and enjoyment so I think the best system is sab because of this :

sab system has 3 ways to get items

1) as always the lucky drop

2) playing through the content for item

3) token system

3 is the best system in my opinion why, because even if you are really unlucky as many are; they can work hard and still get the item they want by playing the content enough to get the tokens and exchange it for their item

(edited by cerberus.1937)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Okay, can I actually see confirmation about these “limited time rewards” coming back? All I’ve seen is vague statements and nothing concrete at all. I saw something ingame about “Oh, do this event over here because you have a chance to get a 600 gold worth item!” and when asked… no actual information.

edit: Okay, so the ultimate save bag drops them. Probably not a high rate, and frankly these items are all related to the Scarlet forces. It’s not like we are stomping through a krait base and finding molten jetpacks or monocles….

By that logic then every time we fought the Molten Alliance it should’ve given us a chance at the jetpack + more. These items were limited to a particular instance and now have made a comeback during the finale – other items that didn’t have a comeback are either:

A) Not obtainable

B) Extremely high priced in the Trading Post.

While it’s not a big deal that these things happen, it’s unfair to bring back only some items but not others. I suppose realistically though you could say it’s the penultimate release of the story arc so of course all of the Scarlet-related goodies will be up for grabs if you save enough citizens and stop Scarlet’s endgame from being effective.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

We have no evidence that all items won’t be brought back in some way, nor evidence that they will.

But, the fact that they have brought some items back, may mean others will be brought back in the future. We can only wait and see.

I thought it was great that we got another chance at some long-gone items. Too bad I’ve not even been in an event cycle where we saved 1200 citizens. =( Oh, well.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fantastic.5298

Fantastic.5298

GW2 is the game of hoarding because you never know what items (sellable or soulbound) Anet will suddenly make essential. When they play god they make some people very lucky and some people Sol

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

The items that were brought back are tied to Scarlet.
Halloween isn’t tied to Scarlet.

And no, by that logic getting these items just by killing any molten alliance monster outside of the living story event wouldn’t make sense. The reason is that the items are tied to the event (the LS), not to the kind of enemy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

The items that were brought back are tied to Scarlet.
Halloween isn’t tied to Scarlet.

And no, by that logic getting these items just by killing any molten alliance monster outside of the living story event wouldn’t make sense. The reason is that the items are tied to the event (the LS), not to the kind of enemy.

I find it hard to find a connection between the Bazaar of the 4 Winds (Celestial Recipes, Rucksack Skin, Quartz Crystals drop from the bag) and Scarlet.

On many limited items from the ultimate citizens rescue bag you could already see an upwards trend in price and downward trend in supply on the tp over the weekend, so people are buying them up again.

However, i think they will still drop during the next patch and some speculators are in for a surprise.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NuclearBuddha.8641

NuclearBuddha.8641

I find it hard to find a connection between the Bazaar of the 4 Winds (Celestial Recipes, Rucksack Skin, Quartz Crystals drop from the bag) and Scarlet.

There were events during that update where the Aetherblades attacked the Zephyr Sanctum. Make sense that stuff from there would turn up in the loot.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

There were events during that update where the Aetherblades attacked the Zephyr Sanctum. Make sense that stuff from there would turn up in the loot.

But the Trials to fight the pirates dropped aetherized weapon skins not the rucksack which was a rare reward for Aspect Arena, which had nothingto do with aetherblades.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I sold the Ghastly Grinning Shield Skin for 60g right after the first Halloween, so yeah, you can feel my anger.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

I sold the Ghastly Grinning Shield Skin for 60g right after the first Halloween, so yeah, you can feel my anger.

60g was a lot of money then…

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.