Jeweler 500, Legendary Trinkets & more

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crestorial.1869

Crestorial.1869

Edit: This post is about the speculation of the possible materials used for jeweler crafting level 500. Also, will level 500 jeweler be deemed as useless considering the availability of ascended accessories in game? Your opinions on this issue is much appreciated.

Previous post: Will jeweler crafting be raised to 500? It seems like many people have been speculating on the possible usage of silver, gold and maybe mithril.

Price of silver ores increased by 50% in 2 weeks. Interestingly, a new material can be found on the guild wars 2 wiki: Xunlai Electrum Ingot.

Trivia from gw2 wiki: Electrum is a natural alloy of gold and silver, with trace elements of copper.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Xunlai_Electrum_Ingot

(edited by Crestorial.1869)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Its tooltip on the TP states it is refined from silver, gold, platinum and mithrillium.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Silver and gold ore are good speculative opportunities considering the likelihood of the next legendaries being accessories (though it may be leaning towards backpieces).

Nonetheless, crafting ascended jewelery is a bit peculiar considering it is rather easy to get in game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

going with Vol on this one. Some may also want to google electrum to see its components and when/why it was used. If anet stays true to real electrum, gold has potential for speculators. As we know, Anet is good at throwing a monkey wrench in the works now and then.

(edited by danielrjones.8759)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I would think silver/plat would go up more since you’ll need 2x as much. Gold is harder to find in general though. Silver/gold are only used for JC-ing while plat is used in other crafts (but is easier to obtain than the other 2). Orbs will also have a good chance at going up in price (they are at near npc price for the most part).

They should all go up, but I’m not sure how much. It’ll really come down to what they do with it and how desirable getting it to 500 will be. If it’s just being able to craft ascended jewelry then it won’t be a big deal to most players. If it’s jewelry + infusion + used to craft legendary jewelry precursors though…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

going with Vol on this one. Some may also want to google electrum to see its components and when/why it was used. If anet stays true to real electrum, gold has potential for speculators. As we know, Anet is good at throwing a monkey wrench in the works now and then.

Just look at the quartz speculators.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

Quartz speculation was pretty poor since the future uses were very limited. Any kind of speculation revolving quartz was very risky.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

500 jewel crafting and cooking were confirmed when ascended crafting was first announced. They stated that all professions would be raised to 500.

I imagine jewel crafting will be less popular for the existing items (assuming they even include them), so silver/gold/whatever should see less of an impact.

A little while back a dev said to not delete ascended materials because there would be more uses for them. Assuming he didn’t mean what little recipes they have added (excluding ascended gear), I’m expecting jewel crafting to be able to make infusions using exotic orbs as the type, and then a lot of bloodstone/dragonite/empyreal so that there is an actual sink for them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

danielrjones.8759

@Behellagh, I fortunately did not invest in quartz. Since I felt it was limited in uses. I prefer not to invest in something that is a preference, but more so in that which people perceive they need. Also with quartz, a huge problem was the error with the gifts. I ended up 450 charged from that. And I wasn’t even going for those.
As far as gold and silver, I was only saying electrum is a real metal, if anet stays true to the materials that it consist of there is a possibility gold and silver will go up.
imho, it really boils down to something Aberrant already said, how desirable will crafting to 500 be?

Imo if its something people will really want, and they stay true to the materials electrum is made of. We could be looking at another silk fiasco.

But anyone that has dealt with Anet and their shenanigans know they can to throw us off from time to time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

I can’t imagine them introducing JC to 500 and not making it desirable in some way. There would be no point to it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

Perhaps they will introduce ascended upgrade gems? ;x

in Black Lion Trading Co

Crestorial.1869

Thank you all for your opinions so far.

Since ascended accessories already exist in game, I think they may introduce precursor crafting as part of increasing jeweler to 500 for legendary trinkets or weapon.

in Black Lion Trading Co

danielrjones.8759

@Cranked, I’m with you. I can’t see them making it useless. I’m thinking like others. I do feel they have a plan and will put something that makes it desirable.
Even if they didn’t make it something great to have. We do have ap hunters. A few thousand of those will want it for sure. Then we have title seekers. Who knows how many will want it at as a vanity title. And as we all know very well ap hunters and vanity seekers pay well.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Crestorial.1869

Like what danielrjones and cranked mentioned, jewelcrafting needs to be appealing enough to attract people to level this profession.

If jeweler does become something great, I believe the price of silver, gold and maybe platinum will increase 3 to 5 times from now. Anyway, right now the thought of crafting infusions don’t seem to be as appealing as compared to crafting new legendary trinkets.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

no
silver gold and platinum will not go up this big cause most ppl have asc jewells allready

my speculation is with jeweller we can than craft infusions like +1power, precisision, condidmg and so on

and upgrade them like agony infusion we have now to higher than +5 AND can pair one of this with agaony infuion – in lst stream the DEV had a infuion in gear with something like +7 power + 6 agony

and i think for this infusions we will need all this lil gems kitten we have in game

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Considering the fact that Ascended Amulets are pretty hard to come by, I foresee a healthy increase in mat prices, should these be made available for crafting. That’s why I began to speculate months ago on Silver, Gold, and Platinum.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Romek.4201

amulets is not hard – you get this for laurels and i have on all twinks amulets since months

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

amulets is not hard – you get this for laurels and i have on all twinks amulets since months

That’s true. I have over 300 Laurels left, and can afford to get them, but I’ve been saving them for other possible gear in the future. If they made a cheaper alternate to getting the Ascended Ammys, that would prove popular to a wide range of players. And that’s what I’m banking on for my previous mat speculation.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

danielrjones.8759

I’m with those who think it will, Why I started buying months ago. If it doesn’t go up. Oh well, its not like its real money. And won’t be the first time I made a bad investment. I have considered Smooth Penguin comment on the laurels as well. But it goes back to what I mentioned earlier, electrum is a metal that was actually used. 40-60% gold depending on the century. ( I think those numbers are right, been awhile) if anet sticks to the recipe it will go up. If they don’t then it wont. just have to wait and see.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

Silver and gold ore are good speculative opportunities considering the likelihood of the next legendaries being accessories (though it may be leaning towards backpieces).

Nonetheless, crafting ascended jewelery is a bit peculiar considering it is rather easy to get in game.

If you had already bought it then it probably is a great investment however I have a feeling this will end up just like gossamer, people will be stocking this for the next few months and there will be way too much in-game to make a profit off of.

Also everyone, keep in mind there is a way to earn every ascended item through both in-game means + crafting, and not trinkets. If anything I think they will add Ascended craftable trinkets before they even touch on Legendary Trinkets.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

If you had already bought it then it probably is a great investment however I have a feeling this will end up just like gossamer, people will be stocking this for the next few months and there will be way too much in-game to make a profit off of.

Also everyone, keep in mind there is a way to earn every ascended item through both in-game means + crafting, and not trinkets. If anything I think they will add Ascended craftable trinkets before they even touch on Legendary Trinkets.

I don’t think people stocking up on an item is the real issue. The problem with gossamer was that it turned out it had very limited use in ascended armor, and people began to dump it since the demand could not keep up.

Then you look at something like silk scrap, which for the longest time people have been throwing at vendors. People could have stocked up on that but the reason why it’s still up is because there is way more demand than supply.

Of course, there will be risk with silver/gold/platinum ore. We will never know how much of a demand there will be for it once ascended JC comes out.

I guess the best way to mitigate risk is to take advantage of late speculators and sell before the release.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

I don’t think people stocking up on an item is the real issue. The problem with gossamer was that it turned out it had very limited use in ascended armor, and people began to dump it since the demand could not keep up.

Then you look at something like silk scrap, which for the longest time people have been throwing at vendors. People could have stocked up on that but the reason why it’s still up is because there is way more demand than supply.

Of course, there will be risk with silver/gold/platinum ore. We will never know how much of a demand there will be for it once ascended JC comes out.

I guess the best way to mitigate risk is to take advantage of late speculators and sell before the release.

Yes, you always want to dump early, once enough people start this stock up/dump style merchanting then you have to outplay the rest. This was very common in other MMOs.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chef.7840

Chef.7840

Something interesting: Silver is less then half the supply it was before Wintersday.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Something interesting: Silver is less then half the supply it was before Wintersday.

Speculation.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

I believe jeweler will be the key to crafting ascended sigils and runes. No point in running ascended gear with superior upgrades.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Crestorial.1869

The price of silver has tripled overnight. Seems like there’s a sort of extreme speculation over the release of the preview of future patches.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

The price of silver has tripled overnight. Seems like there’s a sort of extreme speculation over the release of the preview of future patches.

Was there a preview other than that video for the Origin of Madness? As that video seemed to provide basically zero useful market information.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Romek.4201

most gold to make is to sell to you guyz^^

this people buyd early and alot and sell now to everyone who trie to speculate with

silver, gold …… is same like gossamer and co – everyon know it and everyone think he will have checkpot and at the end only people selling to you guyz make money

when i remember corect’ (dont wanna check spidy now) than some months ago before all this startet was silver like 8-15 copper and had alot supply

price now is just hyped^^

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

Well, I am the same boat as many people here. Started to buy silver, gold, gems, orbs in anticipation of crafting a couple weeks ago. haven’t gotten all that much ore to be honest, but I made sure I have a full stack of the ruby, sapphire, emerald, etc. crystals and at least 2-3 stacks of the rare orb’s. Cant say I invested as much as I could but a.) I dont want to go full balls into a single speculation b.) I am still learning to play the TP and I am quite poor. (approx. 60g banked, 30g on flipping opportunities, and like 300g in investments if I sell now.)….would love to have more :/

banished from time and space

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Disdroid.6109

Disdroid.6109

the basic ore node pack is propably what tiggered this hype for gold&silver yesterday. Either that or some datamining.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Romek.4201

go buy more – my last 20k ingots for the masses is on 2s (35% win^^)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

know this ! only reason ppl get legendary is skins !
legendary trinkets = no skins on character. that will be a waist of money !
i prefer new set of legendary skins !

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: vergna.8420

vergna.8420

@Svetli. Is not wrong thet you are saying, but don’t forget legendary can also swich stat!
I think if a legendary trinket can do the same think is far from useless!!!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Disdroid.6109

Disdroid.6109

maybe they’ll give you an additional aura…
Imagine fire circles around your char’s eyes…
a comet orbiting your head…
GW1 had such things, they were ele head pieces. Why not bring it back.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

They said in an interview that there would be a visual to go with the legendary trinkets.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

go buy more – my last 20k ingots for the masses is on 2s (35% win^^)

I am not sure when you bought your ingots but 35% ROI (Return of Interest) is something i go for in daily flipping and not in medium or long term investments.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I am collecting the materials to get it to 500 now. I am not concerned with crafting anything right away. I haven’t even started with armor yet. But I do like to have professions maxed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

this people buyd early and alot and sell now to everyone who trie to speculate with

silver, gold …… is same like gossamer and co – everyon know it and everyone think he will have checkpot and at the end only people selling to you guyz make money

when i remember corect’ (dont wanna check spidy now) than some months ago before all this startet was silver like 8-15 copper and had alot supply

This is the name of the game. Speculators are always driving up the price, and selling to each other. Silver ore isn’t needed much in any recipe at the moment, and yet it has gone up sixfold. And in a sense, everyone is a speculator in this game.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SilentSkills.7248

SilentSkills.7248

In before loadestones blow up in price after they release either Ascended (Dwayna’s backpiece) items or legendary Trinkets.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

This is the name of the game. Speculators are always driving up the price, and selling to each other. Silver ore isn’t needed much in any recipe at the moment, and yet it has gone up sixfold. And in a sense, everyone is a speculator in this game.

It’s 100% fact that silver ore/ingot will be needed in the future. Just how much, we don’t know.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I feel bad for the newer players just trying to level up jewel crafting that are effected by the rise in price due to pure speculation of profit.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

I feel bad for the newer players just trying to level up jewel crafting that are effected by the rise in price due to pure speculation of profit.

And on the other side, I don’t feel bad for the newer players who now have more gold thanks to items having more value.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Essence Snow.3194

Any chance of an explanation to how would work? Would they have to forgo things for that to happen? ex) they would make more by selling their silver yet forgo using that silver to level crafting or buying lvl appropriate trinkets.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

Any chance of an explanation to how would work? Would they have to forgo things for that to happen? ex) they would make more by selling their silver yet forgo using that silver to level crafting or buying lvl appropriate trinkets.

Not every new player is going to go for jewelcrafting. However, every new player is going to come across silver ore.

Those who benefit from silver ore price rising far outnumber those who don’t.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Essence Snow.3194

Okay I can see that. Still feel bad for the ones that it does effect though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

And on the other side, I don’t feel bad for the newer players who now have more gold thanks to items having more value.

I don’t know. I find it hard to see a general rise in prices (armor, weapons, ore, wood, cloth) as a good thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demand-pull_inflation

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

I don’t know. I find it hard to see a general rise in prices (armor, weapons, ore, wood, cloth) as a good thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demand-pull_inflation

It’s a good thing when only one or few component prices rises largely due to demand. This allows you to sell these specific items at a high while your gold still has value since other items did not have increased prices.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

It’s a good thing when only one or few component prices rises largely due to demand. This allows you to sell these specific items at a high while your gold still has value since other items did not have increased prices.

I agree with this sentiment, but ever since ascended crafting, all crafting materials have risen in value quite a bit. There are scarcely any components that are regularly used that don’t cost more these days. Even many once super cheap food items have quadrupled in price over the past few months, giving a feel for the decreased value of gold and the increased importance of having more of it. That isn’t to say that everything has gotten pricier, but a large number of things have.

Anyway, I know John is keeping track of that stuff, and he has better metrics than any of us do, so that’s good enough for me in this case. Still, it’d suck being a new player these days.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

New players do zones and gather ore, silver ore, gold ore and such. How come you think they are poor?