Job-o-Tron Backpack

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Swizzle.7982

Swizzle.7982

According to the blog post and patch notes “A talking Replica Job-o-Tron Backpack is now available in the Style category for 600 gems.”

Only it isn’t, as far as I can tell. If his job is being a backpack he’s not doing it very well at the moment.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

yea hes non existent at the moment.

Säïnt

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The gem store always tends to take a few hours past the patch to update. Seems the push the patch out first and then do the TP after. Patience, it’ll be there.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Matt Witter.6982

Matt Witter.6982

Game Designer

Next

I’ve seen a few people running around with it. You should also see it listed for 500 gems. Please let us know if this is not the case!

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Karmapolice.4193

Karmapolice.4193

What a great backpack!
Too bad I’ll never see it thanks to my hobosacks and shield.
:(

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

it’s pretty funny, but imagine a group of 20 or so players running around, each with incessant yakking backpacks.

My ears. (asura-pun intended)

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Electro.4173

it’s pretty funny, but imagine a group of 20 or so players running around, each with incessant yakking backpacks.

My ears. (asura-pun intended)

That’s the main thing I’m concerned with. Not even 20 players, just me personally using it. It seems awesome at first glance, but I can also see it getting really old. I’m so torn on whether I want it or not!

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Well, if he gets too annoying, you could always click to hide him, that should stop him from talking.

I guess ask yourself this. Do you get tired of your character giving his Swiftness or Retaliation line? If that hasn’t found a way to torment you over your playing time, you’ll probably be safe with Job-o-Tron.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Skaigash.4715

Skaigash.4715

I bought it. Lol. Just wondering, can you actually hear other players’ backpacks? Or does it work like the Salvage-o-Matics where only you can hear them?

Also, a suggestion: maybe they can be silenced when we hide our backpacks?

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

I bought it. Lol. Just wondering, can you actually hear other players’ backpacks? Or does it work like the Salvage-o-Matics where only you can hear them?

Yeah, you can still hear it from other players, and they are very loud.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Electro.4173

Well, if he gets too annoying, you could always click to hide him, that should stop him from talking.

I guess ask yourself this. Do you get tired of your character giving his Swiftness or Retaliation line? If that hasn’t found a way to torment you over your playing time, you’ll probably be safe with Job-o-Tron.

That’s a good point. And yah, I don’t really get bothered by that kind of chatter at all, in fact I actually enjoy it to some degree. Although it seems the Job-o-Tron does have a dialogue pop-up which may get in the way during combat or jumping puzzles, but other than that, I guess it probably wouldn’t annoy me too much.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Skaigash.4715

Skaigash.4715

Yeah, you can still hear it from other players, and they are very loud.

Dang. Well, hope Anet fixes this. I’ll probably love it (haven’t used it yet), but I can see how it can be annoying to other players.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Awesome backpack! Thank you! thank you! Now all we need is a mini job-o/heal-o/hero-Tron Please Anet? please?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/lwd/Will-Heal-o-Tron-return-for-Season-2/first#post4415109

(edited by eduardo.1436)

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

His dialogue is hilarious, and I’m awfully tempted to buy one, but I have the feeling his non-stop chattering might get on my nerves after a while.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jigain.8231

Jigain.8231

Hopefully someone can answer this – can you still hear it when it’s covered by both traditional sheathed weapons like the shield, as well as more specialized things like engineer weapon kits? Considering getting this for my engineer, but there’s little point if it’s going to be silent AND hidden 95% of the time.

This post may contain a high concentration of sarcasm and irony.
If you are allergic to these ingredients, do not consume.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curtis Johnson

Previous

Curtis Johnson

Hopefully someone can answer this – can you still hear it when it’s covered by both traditional sheathed weapons like the shield, as well as more specialized things like engineer weapon kits?

Yes he works when covered by shields or engineer kits. He also works on clones (to keep the enemy guessing) and works while transformed.

His dialogue is hilarious, and I’m awfully tempted to buy one, but I have the feeling his non-stop chattering might get on my nerves after a while.

Clicking ‘hide backpack’ in the equipment panel shuts him up without having to change out packs. -(Edit: My bad, the hide backpack flag is supposed to quiet him but doesn’t yet. That’s an update coming in a future patch)

(edited by Curtis Johnson.8456)

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: weskay.9217

weskay.9217

Curtis, are other players intended to hear this? I am hearing other people’s robot go off and while it is comical, it interferes with some of the dialogue that I want to hear. If it is intended to do so, is there a way to shut him up? Obviously, I do not want to mute the dialogue sound option though this is the only way it seems to keep him quiet. Other solutions or others on the way?

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Please add his banter under player instrument volume slider so those who do not wish to hear it’s incoherent ramblings can do so without losing out any valuable in-game audio.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

Hey what is up with all this racism againts golems. Heck he doesn’t talk that much to interfere come on now. I demand if you silence him silence all those warrior for great justice shouts etc aswell. Your shouts are way more annoying

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MentalFS.2589

MentalFS.2589

My bad, the hide backpack flag is supposed to quiet him but doesn’t yet. That’s an update coming in a future patch

Noooooooooooo I bought it after I read that it also talks while hidden

Let the bards sing and the skaalds proclaim her glorious name forever[…]: Apatia!

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Soren.9316

Soren.9316

Nothing like doing a Teq raid and having someone’s backpack screaming at you to “Go faster!” or when the zerg got crushed “Gravity 1, you 0” or my personal favorite when we were using the jump pads at the battery phase: “Boing!”

Turned Wild Wed into an even more wild and hilarious event. Cudos to the designers!

IGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Nothing like doing a Teq raid and having someone’s backpack screaming at you to “Go faster!” or when the zerg got crushed “Gravity 1, you 0” or my personal favorite when we were using the jump pads at the battery phase: “Boing!”

Turned Wild Wed into an even more wild and hilarious event. Cudos to the designers!

Seriously? “Boing”?

That’s it. I have to get myself one tonight, no more putting it off.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

The robot barely speaks, I say just lower player instrument volume. Mine talks about every like 10 minutes.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve seen a few with it. What amuses me is that even if I don’t hear the comment … it’s in a speech balloon! I didn’t check if that showed up in the chat box, though, as Silverwastes requires constant attention to the world without a lot of rest breaks unless you forcibly break yourself away. So I just peripherally noted the speech bubbles and grinned.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Scottish.7148

Scottish.7148

Please add his banter under player instrument volume slider so those who do not wish to hear it’s incoherent ramblings can do so without losing out any valuable in-game audio.

Seconded and a hearty “Yes please!” Can this be please be added? I do not wish to hear other players backpacks in the game.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: catofnine.3194

catofnine.3194

I have a stoopit question about this item. If I have a skin already on my backpack will applying this destroy that skin forever? My character has the toy bag skin from the winter event, and I’d like to keep it for stupid sentimental reasons. :P

Thanks!

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I have a stoopit question about this item. If I have a skin already on my backpack will applying this destroy that skin forever? My character has the toy bag skin from the winter event, and I’d like to keep it for stupid sentimental reasons. :P

Thanks!

The skins are stored in the wardrobe and you can switch back and forth as many times as you have transmutation charges!

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

catofnine.3194

The skins are stored in the wardrobe and you can switch back and forth as many times as you have transmutation charges!

Awesome, thank you! I’m getting one when I get home.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MentalFS.2589

MentalFS.2589

By the way, I want the same thing with a parrot that sits on my shoulder.

Let the bards sing and the skaalds proclaim her glorious name forever[…]: Apatia!

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sai.5908

Sai.5908

It is small on my asura just like every other back pieces except the rucksack . Please make this back item and other future back items bigger for my asura .

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

I must say, This is the best back piece in the entire game, it has my whole guild in stitches. Thank you Anet. This patch was pretty kitten good all around.

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ryuchan.1650

Ryuchan.1650

Hopefully someone can answer this – can you still hear it when it’s covered by both traditional sheathed weapons like the shield, as well as more specialized things like engineer weapon kits?

Yes he works when covered by shields or engineer kits. He also works on clones (to keep the enemy guessing) and works while transformed.

Clicking ‘hide backpack’ in the equipment panel shuts him up without having to change out packs. -(Edit: My bad, the hide backpack flag is supposed to quiet him but doesn’t yet. That’s an update coming in a future patch)

I sincerely hope you do NOT change that feature and find an alternative solution. I really enjoy him speaking but his appearance doesn’t always fit with every character I have.
cheers

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I have a separate issue — I’ve been doing spinal backpacks for a couple of alts, and as I understand it those can’t be upgraded if transmuted. Are they SOL on using Job-O-Tron?

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vanive.3804

Vanive.3804

I don’t understand why people are complaining about the chatter. For 2 years now most of us have had to listen to “For Great Justice!” “Getting Healthy” “That Feels Good” “Pain For Pain!” lol. I just think it bothers people because it’s new. In a few weeks you will hardly notice it.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aries Of Ragnarok.1365

Aries Of Ragnarok.1365

Wonder if we can see more back items like this, interactive I mean. I like it. =D

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

I don’t understand why people are complaining about the chatter. For 2 years now most of us have had to listen to “For Great Justice!” “Getting Healthy” “That Feels Good” “Pain For Pain!” lol. I just think it bothers people because it’s new. In a few weeks you will hardly notice it.

It’s a decent enough idea to introduce some comedy into the game. But with that said, this talking back pack that EVERYBODY can hear has been poorly implemented imo. I say this because it was put into game w/o a way of controlling it exclusively.

Just like there’s a slider for the player instrument volume in Options, so should a slider be there for “player bought item noise” (or something). That way I, and others that don’t want to hear such “noise”, don’t have to turn off ALL of the game’s dialog just to not be annoyed by somebody’s new toy. I like that I don’t have to lose listening to the game’s magnificent score just because I don’t want to hear someone’s horrible attempt at playing jingle bells on that flute…. over and over and over again.

You may be right – in a few weeks (or months) perhaps people won’t even hear the repetitive “go faster” every 2 seconds while running in a WvW zerg. But WHY??!!! put something into game that could (and does) alienate some of your player base? And introducing something like this back pack that can’t be managed properly can make some people just not log in until they have an adequate way of managing it… i.e. – the “player bought item noise” slider.

(I know that if I couldn’t turn off player instrument volume, I wouldn’t play this game.)

Moonlight [THRU]

(edited by Krypto.2069)

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vanive.3804

It’s a decent enough idea to introduce some comedy into the game. But with that said, this talking back pack that EVERYBODY can hear has been poorly implemented imo. I say this because it was put into game w/o a way of controlling it exclusively.

Just like there’s a slider for the player instrument volume in Options, so should a slider be there for “player bought item noise” (or something). That way I, and others that don’t want to hear such “noise”, don’t have to turn off ALL of the game’s dialog just to not be annoyed by somebody’s new toy. I like that I don’t have to lose listening to the game’s magnificent score just because I don’t want to hear someone’s horrible attempt at playing jingle bells on that flute…. over and over and over again.

You may be right – in a few weeks (or months) perhaps people won’t even hear the repetitive “go faster” every 2 seconds while running in a WvW zerg. But WHY??!!! put something into game that could (and does) alienate some of your player base? And introducing something like this back pack that can’t be managed properly can make some people just not log in until they have an adequate way of managing it… i.e. – the “player bought item noise” slider.

(I know that if I couldn’t turn off player instrument volume, I wouldn’t play this game.)

Well if that’s the case lets just kill the noisy minis, and make the game a completely sterile environment for people who are bothered by noise.

I was at FE one night, and someone actually had the nerve to ask another player to stop dancing because the sounds he made bothered her….lol. What I do when sounds get on my nerves in GW2, I turn down the volume, I mean the music we have all heard a million times before…so not really missing much.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Well if that’s the case lets just kill the noisy minis, and make the game a completely sterile environment for people who are bothered by noise.

I was at FE one night, and someone actually had the nerve to ask another player to stop dancing because the sounds he made bothered her….lol. What I do when sounds get on my nerves in GW2, I turn down the volume, I mean the music we have all heard a million times before…so not really missing much.

Vanive, Anet realizes that there’s a need to have a separate slider for the instrument volume, right? All I’m saying is – use that same mindset and create the same kind of design for other such sound annoyances introduced into the game. And don’t just blindly implement something like this back pack w/o giving your player base, that might not want to hear that kitten, a means of turning it exclusively down. (It’s not like they’ve never done this before or it’s beyond Anet’s programming capabilities.)

If you want to turn the master volume down, then that’s you. I, on the other hand, prefer to adjust the sounds of the things that I wish to hear the most (effects and UI volume) to be louder than the things that I prefer to not hardly hear (environment volume) or not hear at all (instrument volume). I feel that many other players want the “choice” as well. (Heck, the person you mentioned wants to have the choice.) It’s that simple.

And note: I will change these volume sliders occasionally depending on what I’m doing or in the mood to hear.

Moonlight [THRU]

(edited by Krypto.2069)

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: weskay.9217

weskay.9217

Wonder if Anet is going to comment on this again or if they’re just going to neglect yet another topic.

A slider for this (or merged with player instrument volume) would be great. The novelty of the voice wore off on me.

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I saw this thread and went off to find a youtube video of this thing in action. Got to “Ground rubbing complete” and went straight off to buy it. I LOVE it, only problem is that I can’t hear my own golem because of the sound bug. At least I can still read what he says. Whose idea was this? He’s brilliant. He actually does feel helpful, weirdly enough. I don’t know how I’ve managed to play this game so long without a constant stream of occasionally well-intentioned advice.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Wonder if Anet is going to comment on this again or if they’re just going to neglect yet another topic.

A slider for this (or merged with player instrument volume) would be great. The novelty of the voice wore off on me.

No. Be happy if people support the game by buying these items.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vanive.3804

When I was doing the living story instance he was pretty chatty, it made the whole experience hilarious to be honest. I hope they add even more sayings.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

catofnine.3194

If they add more sayings I’d be pleased. Though I think they’ll just make a different back to sell in the store.

Almost died last night due to laughing so hard at what the Job o tron says. It’s the semi running unexpected commentary that’s the charm of having one of these and it doesn’t talk all that much in my experience. My favorites comments are when you come back from downed state, being afflicted with status effects and when you dodge.

I find it disingenuous to complain about it talking when our characters are just as noisy. But whatever. I hope Anet makes it so that we only hear it just so we can spare the fragile teacups among us.

Note to engineers: No, it doesn’t replace our kits, but it’ll still talk even if it’s not visible.

(edited by catofnine.3194)

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

This thing needs an amplifier. I want people to hear this backpack even if they mute their sound.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

This thing needs an amplifier. I want people to hear this backpack even if they mute their sound.

I want it to change their ring tones, alarm clocks, voices, car horns, EVERYTHING.

also Id pay 99c for a saying to be my ring tone.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Devilsown.9376

Devilsown.9376

The Job-o-Tron Backpack is a funny thing in PvE, but not in WvW!

“Boing.” or “Faster. Faster!” isn’t that helpful while you are on secret operation next to an (more or less) afk enemy.

Oh and I’m 100% shure that “You—can’t—catch—us!” killed me more then one time, because the enemy thought something like “Do you think so? Let’s test it out!”

Hopefully the “hide backpack” -update will come soon.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Hopefully the sounds will get moved to the instrument slider. The only thing more annoying than this backpack are human female guardians with their shrill shouts….but I can live with that.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Inexor.7804

Inexor.7804

I would suggest to split the visibility and the noise-toogle in two checkboxes, rather than mute it while hidden.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Add something in options to disable the voice over. Just because you paid 500 gems for it, does not mean i should have to listen to it if i don’t want to. This is past annoying now.

Job-o-Tron Backpack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vanive.3804

Add something in options to disable the voice over. Just because you paid 500 gems for it, does not mean i should have to listen to it if i don’t want to. This is past annoying now.

smh
I really don’t understand this. A game with lots of annoying sounds and you target one that annoys you because people paid money for it? I’m sure you are OK with Birthday blaster though. I’m calling shenanigans…