Keys on Sale but Nothing in the Chests?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Does it seem odd that the keys are on sale when there are no special items in the chests?

Gamble that something will be added to the chests that you would like enough to buy keys to gamble for the something you want? RRNG?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Keys are on sale again, didn’t know that. But the last time I knew keys were on sale was a few days before they put special items in the chest, which made it so much worse.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Until I hear consistently that the chances of actually getting something (and by something I mean the special something) out of the chests are like 20% I will stay away from chests or keys for chests or magic WD40 for chest locks or boxes that contain keys for chests or coins that unlock a level with keys for chests.

Thus I am no longer concerned with chest stuff. Be it the one sword or fluffy ear muffs.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

You could buy them and hang onto them until they do add something desirable to the chests if you are RNG inclined.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Archaeos.3420

Archaeos.3420

So wait, are the Molten skins no longer in the Boxes? Did I just waste all my money trying for them?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Izzuan.3704

Izzuan.3704

So wait, are the Molten skins no longer in the Boxes? Did I just waste all my money trying for them?

Yup. I know there was an announcement somewhere that the molten weaps no longer dropped outta chests…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Archaeos.3420

Archaeos.3420

Yup. I know there was an announcement somewhere that the molten weaps no longer dropped outta chests…

Aaaaahhh… missed that. That’s unfortuante… then yeah, seriously… why the sale? Though, I do agree with Ryuujin and now wish I would have just bought and saved.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

Does it seem odd that the keys are on sale when there are no special items in the chests?

Gamble that something will be added to the chests that you would like enough to buy keys to gamble for the something you want? RRNG?

Not odd, now that they have no promotion items in the chest (removed fused skins) they are losing a steady money flow, so they went on sale… same with the mini’s, disgusting really…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

When on sale buy a ton, wait for items to be placed inside, fight the RNG monster and maybe win ^^ At least if you are getting them discounted it might not feel so bad if you don’t get lucky heh.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MobMama.5648

MobMama.5648

If you are one to buy keys, as they are on sale now, good time to pick some up. I only get them during sales and set myself a 10 key limit. Also, only open up a few chests at a time, to limit RNG.

Got mine today and am looking ahead to upcoming Dragon Festival.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JimFear.2760

JimFear.2760

If/when they do another event with skins or whatever in lockboxes, will any lockboxes I already have be able to contain said items? Or will I have to re-farm for them?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

It’s pretty obvious, people will splurge on keys because it’s 20% off, they will feel compelled to use them, a little while later cut the discount price and add new skins, even more enticing people to buy MORE keys.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

If/when they do another event with skins or whatever in lockboxes, will any lockboxes I already have be able to contain said items? Or will I have to re-farm for them?

I believe the general consensus is that when the box is opened is when the items are determined. So if a skin is on the drop table when you open the box, you should have a chance to get it.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Not odd, now that they have no promotion items in the chest (removed fused skins) they are losing a steady money flow, so they went on sale… same with the mini’s, disgusting really…

Disgusting? Dropping the price on a totally optional item that you can hold onto for as long as you want and use at your choice of time is disgusting?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LtTiger.4568

LtTiger.4568

Bet there are loads that buys keys and open chests without knowing they can’t get the skins anymore.. Not everyone is on the website or forums everyday. Easy to miss out on stuff like that..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Bet there are loads that buys keys and open chests without knowing they can’t get the skins anymore.. Not everyone is on the website or forums everyday. Easy to miss out on stuff like that..

Good point, maybe use an up to date list of possible items in the chest in the key item description.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Except Frost and Flame is over for a while now. Those skins were tied to that living story. We have a new living story now with it’s own skins and means to get them. It’s only logical to assume F&F skins are no longer in BL chests.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I still feel the best thing to do is not to buy keys at all. In fact, I don’t buy anything with ridiculous rng elements attached. If they want my money, they need to put the actual skins on sale so I can pick and choose which ones I want.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Except Frost and Flame is over for a while now. Those skins were tied to that living story. We have a new living story now with it’s own skins and means to get them. It’s only logical to assume F&F skins are no longer in BL chests.

Maybe….maybe they could gasp permanently add items from living story events to the chests? I see no reason other than to motivate people to buy chests now because what they want will no longer be available in the near future.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LtTiger.4568

LtTiger.4568

Oh well.. Never get any of those skins anyways, so doesn’t matter for me.. All I’m saying is that they should give people a heads up (even though it tied to an event).. As I said, it’s easy to miss out on stuff like that..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Signet of Forums.4397

Signet of Forums.4397

Good. I’d like it if they stopped putting stuff in random chests altogether, but the world is too full of gullible people.

I’ve actually had people argue with me that I should buy lottery tickets in real life because “someone has to win.” Ugh, don’t even get me started…

Therefore we proceed to write a sig.

(edited by Signet of Forums.4397)