Legendaries on TP?

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Karpuz.5409

Karpuz.5409

I mean seriously -.- I thought you weren’t able to sell Legendaries on Trading Post (thank god).

What’s up with this? You can preety much buy every material needed for it except a few, and now you can just buy it completely? It’s kind of…kittenty to say so.

It’s supposed to be a hard work and feeling of achievment to succeed in getting a legendary, not just a gold farm, or gold buying, or god knows what else.

+ that guy must have had some money to throw to put it up for that price

Attachments:

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Well seeing as its soulbound on use, and there was always a legendary category, there was no reason to think you couldn’t sell it. It was just a matter of time until someone decided to make one for profit. And loling at the 475g listing fee.

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Karpuz.5409

Yes Navzar but i saw some previous posts about how it is NOT possible to put it up on TP.

Figured that means it was a bug to begin with (the fact that you could place orders)

I got my Sunrise and it appeared in the Trading Post window but wasn’t able to put it up (didn’t really insist on it though since it was just to check for myself)

So yeah, in my honest oppinion it’s the utmost dumbest and insert random bad oppinions here thing to be able to sell legendaries on TP (no offence intended to those that think otherwise)

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Someone is messing with orders again and showing off their money by making orders for stuff that can’t be bought/sold.

is Twilight really worth 1350 gold?

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Navzar.2938

Oh is that so? I’m too poor to afford one, so I didn’t know. I just assumed you could sell anything that isn’t bound. But yeah, I agree with you there. Legendaries are supposed to show you did something, although it was mainly farming, but if you can buy them its just a huge farmfest, which is pretty stupid. At least it would take 1.5k gold out of the economy :p

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

If someone is willing to pay 9500g for it, good for him.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

Actually thats a pretty clever move.
It would also be clever for somebody to undercut him.
I mean, there MUST be someone around in gw2 who is completely okay with donating 100000 dollars in-game(millionaire who likes computer games, why not).
He would like very much to skip karma/skillpoints/dungeon/wvw/map exploring.
It takes A LOT of time for this stuff, don’t forget it.
BUT
Legendaries must be changed to be SOULBOUND the moment you craft them.
or maybe accountbound, but meh. not much difference.

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

IMO:

Selling legendaries on the TP is perfectly reasonable. I’m working towards my second one now and while I would not be able to afford to outright buy it I don’t see the difference between buying it straight out vs buying all the mats from the tp, spending an hour in the forge making clovers and than making it.

That said Twilight is worth at most 1500g if you go by the cost of the mats leaving out the karma.

Finally I can understand that there would probably be an issue with people that buy/bought gold or exploit to aquire enough money and then are able to just buy a legendary off the tp. Once again however these people could easily just buy the mats and toss them in the forge.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Karpuz.5409

No because they also need exploration + the karma + gift of battle. That’s a little comfort, that those pricks exploiting or buying gold have a harder time getting the legendary.

And the whole point of making the legendary was not to buy everything from the TP. Some people can’t afford doing that so they’d rather farm. Anyhow, as i said, it’s just my oppinion, that it’s really messed up and just a way of making money via gem to gold conversion. (thus making gold sellers even more frequented)

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: florence.1674

florence.1674

I see it as inevitable. Eventually, I predict within another 9 months, you will probably see at least 1 of each legendary available for sale at more reasonable prices(eg about 1500g for Twilight, 800g for Kudzu, etc).

Some people are more willing to trade money for time. Some people value gold more than time, and they will supply the legendaries.

WvW law #1: nobody in WvW can count.

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

florence.1674

Thinking it through, I know this is not the ideal state of affairs, legendaries being traded like simple goods in a market.

However, it’s a strong indictment of exactly how “legendary” the legendaries really are: a simple grind for a BiS weapon.

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

The even put that item on TP you need a few hundred gold. Someone must have had alot of money to burn. The price of a legendary should be around 1000-2000g since you have to make a profit for putting up on TP. Creating a legendary cost around 700-1000g before you take into account the non tradable items. It is not worth putting up that much time/effort to just sell it without a profit.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Fortunately this is a trading game with an action game attached to it. No other activity is rewarded as rapidly as trading, trading, trading.

Kinda sad, really.

- goes back to farming lodestones for personal use -

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mohmohchan.4120

Mohmohchan.4120

seriously these guys on this thread are misinformed. you can never sell a legendary once you forge it. it is soulbound on acquire. you got that? “Soulbound on acquire”.

now the reason why you see a Twilight in TP is because someone is glitching it aka Trading Post Bug. nor did he pay 470+ gold tax to put that up. so even if you buy it with 9500 gold you will be receiving a fake item.

there is no way legendaries are tradeable / sellable ryt now.

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jakis.4102

Jakis.4102

Here is a video on the item.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CLhuaV8MeQ

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Karpuz.5409

Mohmohchan, sorry mate but you are mistaken. The moment you get the legendary, it’s soulbound on USE! That means you can give it to your other characters.

Problem is, when i opened the Trading Post window for my Sunrise, i had no option of putting it up. And if you lookup sunrise on TP, it’s not there. Not even to order…So why can Twilight be ordered/sold?

Not that i want it to be able to, but i’m just sort of implying this is a glitch

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

You cant give buy orders for items which never have been offered on the trading post.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mohmohchan.4120

because the item is soulbound even if it says “soulbound on use” there is no way you can put it up on TP. so primarily speaking, its binded to your character.

on my own experience after i forged my own legendary, i tried selling it. but in no way i am given an option to sell it.

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sicktor.7285

Sicktor.7285

because the item is soulbound even if it says “soulbound on use” there is no way you can put it up on TP. so primarily speaking, its binded to your character.

on my own experience after i forged my own legendary, i tried selling it. but in no way i am given an option to sell it.

Is that why I have the option to sell it? http://i.imgur.com/xAv7u.jpg

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

florence.1674

Legendaries are tradeable and sellable.
Legendaries can be sold on the TP.

Edit: Stupid mapchat had lots of offensive talk.

Attachments:

(edited by florence.1674)

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mohmohchan.4120

well then, congrats on your new built legendary. when i built mine like few months ago, there was no option

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

florence.1674

Was the legendary in an invisible bag? That would have prevented you from putting it up for sale.

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mohmohchan.4120

nope.

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Karpuz.5409

You cant give buy orders for items which never have been offered on the trading post.

Then how do you explain the Lemons, the power boosters and whatnot, stuff that is account bound or not even obtainable? How were you able to place offer for those since they couldn’t be sold in the first place?

Judging by your logic, someone has already sold Twilight on Trading Post in order for those players to put up offers for it. But for that guy to have sold Twilight, someone else must have done it before him. So who did it first when no one else offered the weapon? It makes no sense mate.

And i don’t know. I tried putting up my Sunrise (just as a test) a week or so ago, and it did not work. I still find it a big waste to trade Legendaries on Trading Post…

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dicellol.4153

Dicellol.4153

Then how do you explain the Lemons, the power boosters and whatnot, stuff that is account bound or not even obtainable? How were you able to place offer for those since they couldn’t be sold in the first place?

Judging by your logic, someone has already sold Twilight on Trading Post in order for those players to put up offers for it. But for that guy to have sold Twilight, someone else must have done it before him. So who did it first when no one else offered the weapon? It makes no sense mate.

And i don’t know. I tried putting up my Sunrise (just as a test) a week or so ago, and it did not work. I still find it a big waste to trade Legendaries on Trading Post…

Lemons were once tradeable before the whole “craft chef to 400 using only karma!” debacle.

Sea of Sorrows #1
Team Shatter [TS]

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sicktor.7285

Sicktor.7285

well then, congrats on your new built legendary. when i built mine like few months ago, there was no option

Thanks. That’s why I do think it’s some kind of mistake. Anet might have changed soulbind on use to be sellable but didn’t exclude legendaries.

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Marcusdeblack.2307

Marcusdeblack.2307

They said Legendaries will be Account bound in near future. Funny, eh?

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

florence.1674

I would gladly have legendaries account-bound though. If you have a d/d elementalist and a d/d thief, I don’t imagine you want to craft 4 Incinerators, do you?

Edit: Besides, making legendaries account-bound is a huge improvement on QoL without much effect on the rest of the population. If you have a guardian and warrior who both use the Sunrise, making it account-bound will allow you to share the Sunrise between his characters rather than craft 2 Sunrises. Eases the strain of demand for the mats needed to craft 2 Sunrises too.

(edited by florence.1674)

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flyfunner.2093

Flyfunner.2093

But why would ANet make legendaries tradable? It doesn’t do them any good. The more gold sinks that are in this game, the more profit ANet makes through gem store, and a legendary is the biggest gold sink of them all.

Also I don’t like the idea at all. Legendaries are already about RNG, and now if they’re tradable too, then there truly is nothing legendary about them. Similar to how I see every other chump have commander but suck at wvw and tactics

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Navzar.2938

I don’t see the difference between buying it straight out vs buying all the mats from the tp, spending an hour in the forge making clovers and than making it.

The difference is the 525k karma, 500 medals of honor, 200 skill points and map completion for gift of mastery and the 500 dungeon tokens for the other gift. Although that’s the easier part anyway.

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

I mean seriously -.- I thought you weren’t able to sell Legendaries on Trading Post (thank god).

What’s up with this? You can preety much buy every material needed for it except a few, and now you can just buy it completely? It’s kind of…kittenty to say so.

It’s supposed to be a hard work and feeling of achievment to succeed in getting a legendary, not just a gold farm, or gold buying, or god knows what else.

+ that guy must have had some money to throw to put it up for that price

9500 gold is 10x the cost of making the item. This guy is just showing off that has the gold to eat a 450g listing fee

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dicellol.4153

Dicellol.4153

You’re completely wrong errant.
Someone’s time it took to gather everything you can’t buy with gold is far more valuable than the gold itself. Thus making it worth that amount.
Just remember, anything you can’t buy is always worth more than money itself.

Sea of Sorrows #1
Team Shatter [TS]

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Odin The Wanderer.1763

Odin The Wanderer.1763

Its perfect IMO. Now people can say things like, “Hey doodz, sum1 MAIL me a legendary!??!?!” and pop, game completion.
But no really, gift me a legendary!

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

They said Legendaries will be Account bound in near future. Funny, eh?

Link?

- – - – - – -

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Legendaries on TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

These are the only Legendaries that matter…

Attachments:

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”