Let's destroy Weapon Skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: YoshiBomb.3495

YoshiBomb.3495

i suggest that everyone that is able, to buy some of the WINTERSDAY WEAPON SKINS and right-click and DESTROY them.

the reason is that no matter how long we wait, the market value for these items will not increase because of the ridiculous amount that already exist. honestly, there are multiple thousands in the trading post, and we can be sure that people have some in their banks too.

by stimulating the game economy in this way (by deleting a chunk of them) we can ensure that the price of these items will go up in demand as the supply goes down.

the reason these items should have our attention, is because unlike current events, these Wintersday Skins are all TRADABLE. The weapon skins out now, like the Dragon Event Skins (weapons only) are not tradable and the skins before that were not tradable, and so we can conclude that future weapon skins will not be tradable.

The skins that were released for Wintersday Event:

- Pop Gun Skin
- Toy Staff Skin
- Toy Sword Skin
- Slingshot Skin
- Bell Focus Skin
- Princess Wand Skin
- Wooden Dagger Skin
- Candy Cane Hammer Skin

so there you have, go out there and destroy some of these skins, stimulate the economy, and keep a few for yourself if you want to make money in the future!

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I thought this would be a sarcastic thread but I’m not so sure anymore.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jono M.8519

Jono M.8519

Lead by example. I wanna see a video of you nuking 50,000+ of these from orbit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crimsony.2514

Crimsony.2514

Obviously I can’t destroy all my weapons at once! You all could be pulling the wool over my eyes!

But to facilitate mutual goodwill and cooperation I have started by destroying 250 of my 750. See attachments.

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Wait, which one is OP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crimsony.2514

Crimsony.2514

I think Yoshi is OP, but that doesn’t mean I can’t engage in senseless destruction!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Relax.8430

Relax.8430

Tell others to nuke the supply so you can sell yours for a better price? Good try,

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

but i like my princess wand !

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

This seems a desperate move from a player that made a huge investment on skins with the belief they would rise in price over time…

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

This seems a desperate move from a player that made a huge investment on skins with the belief they would rise in price over time…

There was no way that was going to happen because all the skins were

1) Ugly as Sin
2) Easy to get

I support this movement OP.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

So basically you bought a big stack of these prior to the end of the event, to try and price-gouge them on the trading post later, and are upset that Anet made them easy to acquire?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: YoshiBomb.3495

YoshiBomb.3495

since posting i have destroyed 50 princess wands, and 250 of each other skin. would be more but its what i can afford.

keep destroying skins! :p

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Yoshi, once all 15.000 princess wands are gone I will know that you are truly committed.
Then I will support your cause.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

So… you made a crappy investment, and in order to try to turn it into a good investment, you’re requesting that your competitors in an incredibly bloated and stagnant market destroy their stock? Or that totally unrelated players with no stake in this gamble start paying out to destroy stock for you? Or do you imagine that you can raise the price eventually that it will be profitable over time, that the fraction left after burning stock will at that point be more valuable than the current deflated overload, and that your competitors will all decrease their stock to the same reasonable profitable level instead of all hoarding and waiting to become the new King of the Princess Wands, emerging from secrecy to re-create the same scenario as soon as the price trends just a little higher?

There are numerous problems with these scenarios, but here’s the biggest one. There is no demand for these items at any price. The tiny fraction of people who wanted them have already obtained them cheaply and easily. Even if you slash the available stock down to an incredible scarcity, there just aren’t that many fish interested in this bait.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.