Let us buy more bank slots

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Please let us buy more bank slots, 8 tabs is just not enough. Or allow to stack more than 250 items into one slot. I am not even a trader but I got over 20 stacks of honor badges and like 30 stacks of fractal relicts alone, everything taking up too much space.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crimsony.2514

Crimsony.2514

I agree that would be convenient, but in the meanwhile you can buy:

• Larger bags, bag slots, and character slots for mules
  • A personal guild bank, treasure trove, deep cave (for non-account bound items)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Thats too inconvenient. I dont see anything wrong with letting us give 32bit space for untradeable stuff like tokens or letting us buy more bank space in general.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Ignorance sucks. I never even thought about starting a one-player guild just to get more stash space. I have a lot of +Influence chotchkes I haven’t dedicated yet, so now I can do so for my own selfish reasons. >.>

But it seems odd that with ANet wanting to keep extracting money from players (it’s necessary, not evil), even more bank/bag slots seem like golden cash cows that aren’t being exploited heavily enough. Especially with the number of oddball, and non-stackable items that keep growing and growing. It’s almost like a reverse conspiracy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I just creat new character and use it as mule.

The most annoying things are the soul bound item. You can’t even put it on mule. It get really annoying when you have many alts and enjoy trying new build.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lame.3819

Lame.3819

I would like this.. I’ve already maxed out my bank slots with gems.. I am willing to put more money in to keep expanding it till i have enough space to hold all the stuff I’ve been collecting lol.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

I would definitely pay for more bank slots. Or even just something to store skins in – I would definitely pay $$ for a reusable skin locker, or to unlock higher stacks of crafting mats.

Honestly, filesize and storage space shouldn’t be an issue unless the game is coded weirdly on the back end. Which could well be, but it’s just odd. If they’re that worried about it, just charge a lot for it, or maybe make bank slots more expensive after the X number or something.

That said, the guild bank trick is very nice and I appreciate ANet allowing multi-guilding so we can use it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Honestly, filesize and storage space shouldn’t be an issue unless the game is coded weirdly on the back end. Which could well be, but it’s just odd. If they’re that worried about it, just charge a lot for it, or maybe make bank slots more expensive after the X number or something.

I don’t think it’s a technical limitation necessarily. Every game I know of has some upper limit on total inventory space, even offline games where the dev doesn’t have to worry about file sizes. IMO this is more a discussion on design and whether inventory limits serve a real purpose or whether it’s just a habitual trope inherited from decades of RPG experience.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Yes, I need more room too.. And/or fix BL gathering tools to not stack in such a durr way ..

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

I don’t think it’s a technical limitation necessarily. Every game I know of has some upper limit on total inventory space, even offline games where the dev doesn’t have to worry about file sizes. IMO this is more a discussion on design and whether inventory limits serve a real purpose or whether it’s just a habitual trope inherited from decades of RPG experience.

In one of the videos they were talking about filesize being a reason they weren’t doing skin lockers I heard. And the choice of 250 for max stack size could well be related to space concerns. 256 is the max size of a byte, anything over that and the storage space needed is automatically doubled. Inventory limits were originally about space issues. At this point it’s a standard part of the game, but memory and storage limits were a huge problem for computer programs. It’s only recently that storage has become so cheap that space isn’t a top concern.

Now, this could well be a game design choice, or some combo of game design + storage. But it just seems odd that a game designed around collecting things would limit storage space like that. There’s no vertical progression, it’s all about different looks and builds, so the game sounds like it should be about collecting multiple sets of skins, armor, etc. But the way storage space is set up, collecting multiple sets is actually a problem. It makes the game seem a little bipolar.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

if there is no inventory limit, then players don’t limit themselves.
once you add a limit, players will actually think twice about what they keep.
it’s a design choice, not a space-saving issue.