Level 80 Scroll?

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: daemonis.2937

daemonis.2937

Why doesn’t ANet put a level 80 scroll in the gem store? I understand that they want people to level but after leveling 3 characters to 80 it becoms a bit of an annoyance rather than something fun.

I was thinking of it this way, put a level 80 scroll in the gem store that can only be bought after you have successfully leveled one character to 80, to stop new people from skipping the leveling process (because I’ll have to admit the first time around leveling is fun to do).

Doing this would also increase the amount of people buying character slots, since getting to level 80 wouldn’t be much of a chore, and it would also most likely increase gem sales, as gear in-game is expensive and most people don’t like farming.

It’s only an idea, but it seems like it would boost gem store profits greatly, since the amount of effort it takes to make is just changing the level 20 scroll to a level 80. The item is practically already made.

IGN: Golemancer Vixxn
Server: Stormbluff Isle
Roleplay, PVP, PVE, and dungeon stuff, say hi if you see me!

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Not a terrible idea. However, as tedious as leveling a new character is, the lower levels are important to learn how to play said character. I’ve leved a warrior and a necro and am working on an ele. Goung from warrior to necro was a huge change, and again from necro to ele. If I could skip to level 80, id still have no idea how to play a necro, and at lvl 57 with my ele, im kinda starting to figure it out, and am by no means good. So with such an item, jumping in with a brand new 80, no gear to speak of, no traits unlocked, and no idea how to play it, would be more of a burden for dungeons and other group events that it would cause major hate (even more than there is already with “noobs” who are still learning) and more people crying about “elitists” who wont let pre leveled 80s in their groups.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

daemonis.2937

I’d just though it would be a cool idea, but I see the point you make. Although if people really were interested in learning their character they wouldn’t just EoTM for the levels. Again, after doing it 3 times you kind of just want to be at level 80 without the fuss, and then go learn your character’s class in PvP. Even if it isn’t the build, more so the playstyle of the class.

(edited by daemonis.2937)

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

what about lv60 scroll?

or must be lv40 before you can boost to 80?

(I know the code for lv30,-60scrolls are in game! …(at least the hex code is.))
Just anything to speed it up a little XD ….. and no, leveling through crafting isn’t the answer either…because leveling craft is soooooooooo annoying, I don’t know how people do them more than once.
(I already had to repeat 2 due to deleting a char and I regret deleting the char =.=’ ..).

They could make it a gold sink though.

Someone else suggested a “training” option.
Like pay up “x” amount, and ..lets say get a “training” option in the story journal? and when you complete the training instances you boost to 80?. I’m not sure what could be considered a speedy training, ..various battles I suppose, maybe keeping some npc’s alive or something. idk ..I’m not creative enough XD.
But I think this would solve the argument of “need to learn your class”. They’d have to make something like it only unlocks for one use, or maybe charge IN the instance to “participate” in the training.
idk … it’d be great to speed up leveling.

they could require you have 2 or 3 level80’s before you get access to the training instance. and inside it costs..idk..150g? 100g from 2-40? + 100g from 40-80? maybe, idk XD

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

pdavis.8031

I’d just though it would be a cool idea, but I see the point you make. Although if people really were interested in learning their character they wouldn’t just EoTM for the levels. Again, after doing it 3 times you kind of just want to be at level 80 without the fuss, and then go learn your character’s class in PvP. Even if it isn’t the build, more so the playstyle of the class.

EotM leveling is probably why professions like ranger get a bad rep. And why there is so much so called “elitism” especially in dungeon. But yeah I wouldn’t mind an instant level mechanic, but I know that it would be more of an issue than anything. Unless we can figure out a way, as suggested, to speed up the process without sacrificing learning the professions mechanics.

recognize my command!”

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

The new system of levelling needs a tweak. The old system made levelling too easy, the current system is just tedious. I’ve done 5 chars and started on a 6th post change and just got bored. That’s even with using a lvl 20 scroll to get close to the trait start point at 30.

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illogical.6218

Illogical.6218

aaah yes, cuz having level 80 profession and not knowing how to use it is really usefull

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

daemonis.2937

what about lv60 scroll?

Just anything to speed it up a little XD ….. and no, leveling through crafting isn’t the answer either…because leveling craft is soooooooooo annoying, I don’t know how people do them more than once.
(I already had to repeat 2 due to deleting a char and I regret deleting the char =.=’ ..).

Like pay up “x” amount, and ..lets say get a “training” option in the story journal? and when you complete the training instances you boost to 80?. I’m not sure what could be considered a speedy training, ..various battles I suppose, maybe keeping some npc’s alive or something. idk ..I’m not creative enough XD.
But I think this would solve the argument of “need to learn your class”. They’d have to make something like it only unlocks for one use, or maybe charge IN the instance to “participate” in the training.

they could require you have 2 or 3 level80’s before you get access to the training instance. and inside it costs..idk..150g? 100g from 2-40? + 100g from 40-80? maybe, idk XD

I like the ideas you mentioned in your post. More specifically make it so you have to be level 40 before you can boost yourself to level 80. Mostly because by level 40 I feel like you have a feel for how your character works and the mechanics of the class.

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

daemonis.2937

what about lv60 scroll?

I like the ideas you mentioned in your post. More specifically make it so you have to be level 40 before you can boost yourself to level 80. Mostly because by level 40 I feel like you have a feel for how your character works and the mechanics of the class.

The “training” option wasn’t a bad idea either, they should do something like this.

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

You can already level up with crafting… So I think having a lvl80 scroll wont’ really affect anything. Anet should consider adding it to the gem store.

Maybe for like 1600 gem or so.

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You can already level up with crafting…

Actually, you can’t anymore. When all crafts maxed at r400, you could level all to reach L80. Now, you need level each discipline to r500 before reaching L80, but two crafts (Jeweler and Chef) only go to 500.

Currently, maxing out every discipline costs over 1,000 gold (source: gw2crafts). That’s the equivalent of 12,500 gems (if you convert to gold) or 8,333 gems (if you buy gems with gold). Somehow, I don’t see too many people willing to spend that kind of coin/cash on leveling to 80.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

daemonis.2937

You can already level up with crafting… So I think having a lvl80 scroll wont’ really affect anything. Anet should consider adding it to the gem store.

Maybe for like 1600 gem or so.

20$ for a level 80 scroll doesn’t seem too bad, I’d buy it.

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

Actually, you can’t anymore. When all crafts maxed at r400, you could level all to reach L80. Now, you need level each discipline to r500 before reaching L80, but two crafts (Jeweler and Chef) only go to 500.

Currently, maxing out every discipline costs over 1,000 gold (source: gw2crafts). That’s the equivalent of 12,500 gems (if you convert to gold) or 8,333 gems (if you buy gems with gold). Somehow, I don’t see too many people willing to spend that kind of coin/cash on leveling to 80.

You won’t get to 80. But you can get decent amount of level. If you have a lvl20 scroll it’ll be even easier.

and gw2craft isn’t entirely accurate. A few people manage to get 400→500 in their craft without even spending anything. Obviously they are selling items with very few loss or even profit so it take a while.

If you just lvl all 8 crafting displine to 400, you’ll still get 56 level. It ain’t so bad.

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

If you like pvp you can get tons of level up scrolls there.
I pvp like every day so getting atleast one level up scroll a day there.
I had characters lv80 who have never been further than their starter zone.
Now i keep getting more level up scrolls while i have no use for them anymore…

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

rly? instant lvl 80?

why you guyz than even play this game?

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

daemonis.2937

rly? instant lvl 80?

why you guyz than even play this game?

It’s just an idea, it won’t stop people from leveling the normal way if they really, truly want to. This would just be an alternative. And as stated in the thread, there seems to be a mutual agreement that if said item ever were to come out, there would be certain restrictions to using it (hopefully).

(edited by daemonis.2937)

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

daemonis.2937

Keywords, “If you like pvp…”

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

Keywords, “If you like pvp…”

Yea that’s different for everyone :p
But the thing with pvp is that you can play your favorite characters while leveling the ones you don’t like to play that much.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Taygus.4571

another option would be for pvp players to be able to sell these, on the TP XD….
and let players set the price on how much a level is worth.

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

PvP is really slow, if you think about it. You don’t get a tome of knowledge very fast, in relation to everything else, and you also get hardcapped on one of your rewards unless you do arenas.

If you want a faster method, you’d have to do the shudders normal method of leveling.

The Queen’s Gauntlet was a fair way of leveling up. If you were capable of getting into and partaking in a gold boss blitz, you could obtain ~90%/10 minutes. This would get you around 5-6 levels/hour.

I have 2 characters level 80 who have 4% map completion. Most of that is me getting them to Orr so I can do Arah with them. They also have less than 60 hours each, and I’ve ran Arah plenty of times on both, go figures.

Both of their storylines are on the first quest, asking me to talk to the scout at the starting zone. I have another character who’s in the 40s and still on the tutorial quest (which means I can’t actually progress my PS).

The reason why I think Boss Blitz is fair is that to get into Golds, people were very… ignorant. Yes, sub-80s won’t have significant damage, but if you get a Thief in there on Shurakk, then it doesn’t matter, as long as you know how to dodge and use your skills. I was usually the last person up while being one of the few people to stay in melee the entire fight. Also, since I was sub-80, I was able to get his health into pixel range (heck, even get it so he had no red on his health bar) without being afraid of killing him.

On my Guardian, I was able to drop reflects and projectile destruction on Pyroxis.

On my Warrior, I was able to dps Wiggins and… well, pretty much everyone.

On my Elementalist, I was dropping ele weapons everywhere I went.

Of course, the only guys I got to 80 off of BB were Necro and Warrior, but that’s because I had a reason to get them to 80, as opposed to everything else.

/tangent

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Taygus.4571

I have another character who’s in the 40s and still on the tutorial quest (which means I can’t actually progress my PS).

Wait…….what?

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I have another character who’s in the 40s and still on the tutorial quest (which means I can’t actually progress my PS).

Wait…….what?

Old exploit. You join a friend in a PvP match while in the tutorial, then you exit to the Mists (do not exit PvP) and walk to Lion’s Arch. It no longer works, and it stops you from completing your personal story unless you send in a support ticket.

Then again, it’s a guardian named “Legendary Beginner” so I think it’s fitting.

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I think a level 80 scroll is good because after leveling up 8 characters to 80, leveling is boring. The new system is terribly tedious.

I think it’s bad because people will be screaming P2W, P2W!

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Taygus.4571

Wait…….what?

Old exploit. You join a friend in a PvP match while in the tutorial, then you exit to the Mists (do not exit PvP) and walk to Lion’s Arch. It no longer works, and it stops you from completing your personal story unless you send in a support ticket.

Then again, it’s a guardian named “Legendary Beginner” so I think it’s fitting.

lol, I see.

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

aaah yes, cuz having level 80 profession and not knowing how to use it is really usefull

Funny how we DON’T have this item and yet this still appears to be possible….go figure?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You won’t get to 80. But you can get decent amount of level. If you have a lvl20 scroll it’ll be even easier.

and gw2craft isn’t entirely accurate. A few people manage to get 400->500 in their craft without even spending anything. Obviously they are selling items with very few loss or even profit so it take a while.

If you just lvl all 8 crafting displine to 400, you’ll still get 56 level. It ain’t so bad.

It’s misleading to say you can get to r500 “without spending anything” — using stored mats is spending, since (a) you can convert those mats into gold and (b) you’d lose the ability to use those mats for anything else (such as creating a legendary or ascended gear).

The tl’dr point of my analysis above was:

• You can’t level to 80 by crafting alone.
  • To do so costs far more than US$20 = 1,600 gems, in terms of actual coin or in the labor required to replace any hoarded mats. Even if it’s half what gw2crafts estimates, it’s still beyond the reach of most players.

ANet will take these figures into account (or something like it), if they ever decide to add leveling tools to the gem store. Name change contracts cost 800 gems and all they do is rename an existing character. I speculate that for 800 gems, ANet might supply a +5 or +10 leveling tome, but not much more than that.

I think it’s far more likely that the company will provide alternative means within the game to level up, especially for altaholics, including the existing Tome of Knowledge.

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

EotM leveling is probably why professions like ranger get a bad rep. And why there is so much so called “elitism” especially in dungeon. But yeah I wouldn’t mind an instant level mechanic, but I know that it would be more of an issue than anything. Unless we can figure out a way, as suggested, to speed up the process without sacrificing learning the professions mechanics.

Is it? Is randomly spamming Point Blank Shot actually a good thing in EotM?

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

It’s misleading to say you can get to r500 “without spending anything” — using stored mats is spending, since (a) you can convert those mats into gold and (b) you’d lose the ability to use those mats for anything else (such as creating a legendary or ascended gear).

not really. I think one of the poster mentioned already, he just craft destroyer weapon and level to 500 without spending anything. Obviously it take month for him to lvl to 500 since it take very long time to sell. I’m not sure if it is still viable now.

I’m not sure how much the market have change, but some of the items have really small gap between material cost and sale value, for example soldier item usually sell for lesser lost because it is more popular.

Obviously the market might change now, but all I’m saying is the crafting cost value for gw2crafts isn’t entirely accurate. Because they never taken account that some items are good to craft that you can recoup a huge percent of your crafting material cost.

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

They don’t even need to do that.

All they need to do is change the level2o scroll from →20 to +20.

That’s it.

I ? Karkas.

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Illconceived Was Na.9781

not really. I think one of the poster mentioned already, he just craft destroyer weapon and level to 500 without spending anything. Obviously it take month for him to lvl to 500 since it take very long time to sell. I’m not sure if it is still viable now.

I’m not sure how much the market have change, but some of the items have really small gap between material cost and sale value, for example soldier item usually sell for lesser lost because it is more popular.

Obviously the market might change now, but all I’m saying is the crafting cost value for gw2crafts isn’t entirely accurate. Because they never taken account that some items are good to craft that you can recoup a huge percent of your crafting material cost.

The goal of the OP is to level quickly without map completion, EotM, or other types of traditional method. Are you saying that can be done without spending a lot of coin, a lot of mats (that could be converted into coin), or a lot of time?

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

daemonis.2937

The goal of the OP is to level quickly without map completion, EotM, or other types of traditional method. Are you saying that can be done without spending a lot of coin, a lot of mats (that could be converted into coin), or a lot of time?

You, I like how you think.

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

pdavis.8031

Is it? Is randomly spamming Point Blank Shot actually a good thing in EotM?

What I mean is that anyone can level quickly in EotM without much effort in a zerg. So whether its new players thinking that they need to be level 80 ASAP in order to do anything in the game, or someone trying to level an alt quickly, they don’t always take the time to learn to play the profession properly. But it’s not limited to rangers of course, I just used them because they seemed to be the most hated profession if not played correctly (of course correctly being subjective as well).

My point is speed leveling can cause people to skip learning their profession, pick a random build from the forums, without fully understanding how it works they way it does, and why certain things are used in that build, and be more of a burden than anything else. As an example I pugged AC P1 last night with 2 lvl 80 eles. They weren’t familiar with the dungeon, that was fine, not everyone always does dungeons. But they didn’t understand how to stack might, they didn’t switch attunements, one of them didn’t even know about Ice Bow. It’s almost as if they sped through leveling just to get to 80 without really learning their profession and how to use it.

recognize my command!”

Level 80 Scroll?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

They don’t even need to do that.

All they need to do is change the level2o scroll from ->20 to +20.

That’s it.

I like this idea. +1’d!