Lionguard Lynns

Lionguard Lynns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Prezzy.2783

Prezzy.2783

Any chance of her coming back anytime soon?

Or shall i just sit on my 50,000 commendations?

First she was gonna be available during wintersday, then when that didnt happen it was said she would be available when wintersday finished and now everyone has gone quiet on the issue.

If she is gonna be the one using the new ‘Laurels’ meaning my 50k commendations are obsolete i will proceed to burn down ANet

Lionguard Lynns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SET.3275

SET.3275

I have some commendations too, like 500. I’m curious, why Lynns is disabled but Miyani still sells donation packaging. Do the packagings have any other use than forging them with blue/green/yellows for commendations?

Lionguard Lynns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Oh where do these people come from?

50,000 commendations? I sure hope you did not get that from the exotic trinket recipe, which was taken out of the game as exploitable. After all, if you did, all of your commendations, which you probably want to turn into cheap Black Lion Keys, would be gained from an exploit.

And exploitation is grounds for a banning, I think.

Just saying.

Lionguard Lynns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Prezzy.2783

Searched both official and GW2Guru and there is no mention of this being a bannable exploit.

Back to the drawing board for you :/

Lionguard Lynns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

50,000 commendations? I sure hope you did not get that from the exotic trinket recipe, which was taken out of the game as exploitable. After all, if you did, all of your commendations, which you probably want to turn into cheap Black Lion Keys, would be gained from an exploit.

Just saying.

Geezus

The exotic trinket was not an exploit. You’re thinking about the snowflakes, which is an entirely different issue.

And the BL keys have been taken out.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Lionguard Lynns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Prezzy.2783

Just saying.

Geezus

The exotic trinket was not an exploit. You’re thinking about the snowflakes, which is an entirely different issue.

And the BL keys have been taken out.

I think he realised his error mate – or cat got his tongue

Lionguard Lynns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

They disabled the exotic trinket → commendation recipe? what about the other items → commendation recipes? you can still buy donation packages, so I assumed all those now-useless recipes were still there.

Lionguard Lynns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Prezzy.2783

AFAIK the recipe’s are still there and they still provide commendations – but the commendations just have no use.

Lionguard Lynns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

Lionguard Lyns will be back on the 28th without keys (not sure what she WILL have mind you) and will be hanging around for about a month to give people a chance to use up all their commendations and then she’s gone for good.

Although without keys unless something is added 50k commendations is too many because you simply don’t have enough space to store the things you could buy from her old stock.

Edit:

Lionguard Lyns will be returning in the end of January build without the Black Lion Keys in her inventory. She will then remain up for everyone to liquidate their Commendations and will likely be leaving entirely after about a month.

From: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Lionguard-Lyns-not-back-yet-merged-threads/page/2#post1215053

(edited by Unspecified.9142)

Lionguard Lynns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

lol, if they didn’t remove the recipe, then Anet definitely does not consider the recipe an exploit.
personally, I have 56k commendations (I spent everything getting those – I was a full repair away from bankruptcy at that point). I was most sad when I went to go talk to her to use them and she scoffed at me. I was sure keys would almost definitely not be available if she ever reopened. I share your hope that she will sell something that could consume more than 2000 commendations. Otherwise, my currently plan is to primarily buy exotic lionsguard weapons, throw them in the mystic toilet, and get an estimated 1/2 of my investment back. If rng is on my side, I’ll get a precursor

(edited by Mystic.5934)

Lionguard Lynns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

I guess now isnt a good time to tell you that the weapons purchased from her cant be put into the mystic forge?

Lionguard Lynns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

I guess now isnt a good time to tell you that the weapons purchased from her cant be put into the mystic forge?

lol – yeah, bad time to tell him/her that…because it’s true.

Lionguard Lynns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

arg! actually, this is the perfect time. now I haven’t wasted them even further. I didn’t know there was anything (that has a recipe) that couldn’t be put in the forge. items bought with karma can… items bought with dungeon tokens can… why not items bought with commendations?
in that case, there is no backup plan. wait, can they be salvaged? I think I’m on plan ‘F’ right now…

Lionguard Lynns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

arg! actually, this is the perfect time. now I haven’t wasted them even further. I didn’t know there was anything (that has a recipe) that couldn’t be put in the forge. items bought with karma can… items bought with dungeon tokens can… why not items bought with commendations?
in that case, there is no backup plan. wait, can they be salvaged? I think I’m on plan ‘F’ right now…

Nope, basically if Lyns has the same stock as before minus keys there is absolutely no way to spend 10k+ commendations on anything useful and still have any bank/bag space left over to spend the remaining commendations.

That’s why I comment the same thing in every thread I see about Lyns hoping Anet reads it:

“Please include something on Lyns (since keys are gone) that is useful and will allow us to use up 10k+ commendations. Picks and Salvage kits are great but I don’t have enough storage space for the amount I can buy.”

Lionguard Lynns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

I just found a plan G last night:
salvage items are around the same price as the thing they produce once salvaged. but they produce more than 1 per salvage, and sometimes the next tier up. So if you have free salvages (as we will have if they don’t add other items), this will produce some profit (probably no profit after TP tax). it will also produce achievement points because of ‘Agent of Entropy’.
so free items and free salvages, crude salvage kit for 1 commendation, 56k commendations = 840,000 salvages = 8,400 achievement points and minor gold profits. actually not a bad use for them… if you’re ok with the carpal tunnel syndrome from so much clicking

Lionguard Lynns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

I saw someone mentioned that the Black Lion weaps can’t be mystic forged…

can they be salvaged?

Can they be transmuted?

Just trying to figure out what I’m gonna do with all my comms. I may do what the above poster mentioned and just get some achievement points / materials.

Lionguard Lynns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

P.S., I’m sure it’s too late at this point, but if any devs are reading this, please consider keeping the keys on her… just triple… or heck…quadruple the price!

I just would like to see something that costs a lot of comms that way I can actually spend all of mine. I have so many in my bank going to be hard to get rid of them all on the low cost of the tools/kits.

I mean I don’t want to be completely ripped off… but even a very unfair high-priced item would help us get rid of some of these bulk of comms.

Anywho, thanks for letting us know ahead of time at least it could have been worse…. i could still be turning stuff in for comms haha.