[List] New Patch, Changes To TP (Most Fixed)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

• Coin Amount Roll Over
    Decreasing a coin amount to zero and going one tick further no longer decreases a higher coin amount. Likewise, increasing the coin amount upward from 99 does not roll over and increase the next coin value.
    e.g.
    2s 0c – decrease the copper by 1 and it no longer becomes 1s 99c
    1s 99c -increase the copper by 1 and it no longer becomes 2s 0c

• [FIXED!] Inverted Sell Listings
    Increasing/decreasing the amount of coin to sell an item for causes the sell listings to invert and be listed high to low instead of low to high. (image 2)
  • [FIXED!] Pop-up Dismissal Areas
    Apparently we are now forced to click the [X] to close the item buy/sell information pop up. Previously we had the choice of clicking the [X] or clicking any of the surrounding area outside of the pop-up. (image 1)
  • [FIXED!] Scroll Wheel Hover Increase/Decrease
    Hovering on quantity/price and scrolling the mouse wheel no longer increases/decreases the values as it previously would. Additionally, clicking the up/down arrows does not activate the field to then be able to scroll increase/decrease. We must now click within the field (where the actual digits are) to activate it to then be able to scroll the mousewheel to increase/decrease the values.
    However, be mindful of your arrow position while editing values as the fields now become activated upon being hovered over. You can be entering your quantity and be typing 250, but if your arrow drifts downward a little you’ll find yourself entering 250 into the gold field… Can cause some serious problems if this not just a temporary fix for scroll wheel hover increasing/decreasing until they get it back to how it was before.
  • [FIXED!] Cursor Position Auto-adjusted After Edit
    Cannot use DEL or Backspace to remove and replace individual numbers from the quantity/coin fields due to the cursor automatically jumping to after the last digit upon making any change.

Quantity is 130:
Placing the cursor after the “1” and pressing backspace causes it to remove the 1, but it also then moves the cursor after the far right number (0) so the amount is now 30. Pressing “2” causes the value to jump to 302 instead of 230 due to it moving the cursor location. As you cannot have more than 250 in a single buy order, the 302 becomes 250 when all you wanted to do was change your quantity from 130 to 230.
- In the case of coin and an attempt to change a value from 51 to 61:
Putting the cursor before the 5 in 51 and hitting DEL causes the 5 to erase and the cursor to be placed after the 1 instead of remaining where it was. Hitting 6 then causes your entered value to become 16 instead of 61 due to it automatically moving the cursor to the end of the field.
- Must now highlight all digits in the field and re-enter the entire desired number due to the cursor placement automatically jumping to after the last digit upon making any change to the entered value.

Also, the bug of the scroll bar areas not being dismissed with the pop-up has still not been corrected. Interactive dead zones still exist.

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The TP is all kinds of messed up. I never used that before, so I can’t speak to clicking ‘X’, but many things are wonky now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Setting the amount, by hovering over the amount + scroll up/down to change amount is no longer possible. You have to manually one click up arrow/down arrow, or hold mouse. This is really wonky.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Setting the amount, by hovering over the amount + scroll up/down to change amount is no longer possible. You have to manually one click up arrow/down arrow, or hold mouse. This is really wonky.

Scroll wheel works if you first click in the field you wish to change.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mizu.4508

Mizu.4508

Wish they made it so that at least when you press “ESC” it closes the small box and not the entire TP. The only way to close that box now without closing the entire TP is through the small x in the corner.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Still a downgrade, it used to be you didnt have to click.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

They’re making updates to these issues on the fly. That one has just been corrected. We can now hover increase/decrease again. Just updated the OP with some issues that are now fixed.

Also, be mindful of your arrow position while editing values as the fields now become activated upon being hovered over. You can be entering your quantity and be typing 250, but if your arrow drifts downward a little you’ll find yourself entering 250 into the gold field… Can cause some serious problems if this not just a temporary fix for scroll wheel hover increasing/decreasing until they get it back to how it was before.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

I don’t like the way this new mouse pointer hover function works as it cancels the value I have highlighted with intention to overwrite to enter a new value. I can adapt there, I guess. But I do think the Total Price field/bar/line should be entirely disabled as it can’t be edited anyway, and is an easy accidental target for your mouse pointer to slide over when moving it out of your way after selecting an input field to edit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kruhljak.2705

Backspacing in any of the three value fields on the “Min. Price” line (even one with a zero already present) causes all three cells (as a group) to change to the min possible list/bid value. This means you cannot simply click/activate one of the cells, backspace to clear and enter your new data without the GUI erroneously changing values you don’t want changed.

There’s far too much pro-active GUI intervention going on in this input device. Let me key in my data, then verify it when I tell you I’m done: when I hit the List/Bid button. Stay out of my face while I’m inputting data.

(edited by Kruhljak.2705)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wyvern.2430

Wyvern.2430

The cursor is jumping all over the interface and it is now impossible to fill in correct numbers in the right field. Hope they fix this fast.
No one in the world likes to loose the focus of a cell because of a simple mouse movement after he targeted that one specific cell on purpose!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

The cursor bug is now my enemy. Instead of casually dealing with TP, I’m fighting the UI even more. Sigh…

The coin bug is no butter. The previous behaviour made sense, why remove something which wasn’t broken?

20 level 80s and counting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Oh nice, the decrease value with howevering over + scrolling works indeed again. Now the window to close once you sold all items of one sort, and we are almost back to good old TP.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Shame the gem→gold conversion is still broken and mismanaged.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Really hope they fix the cursor position thing soon. It’s really annoying trying to change quantities at the moment. :/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

I agree, I am pretty annoyed by this change. There is no obvious reason why this was changed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

The recent change really is a downgrade.
I don’t know why they changed it and I’m actually not sure if it is intentional.
If it is intentional, then they a) wanted to slow down fast trading – successful or b) had an improvement idea gone wrong.
If it was unintentional, they have serious QA issues (for whatever reason) or they just gave this task to an inexperienced UI designer without the proper supervision by a senior… or they had a senior with rfi.
All in all, I really dislike the changes, but that is just my opinion.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kruhljak.2705

After a full day using this new version, I can say I thoroughly despise it. It’s become the most obnoxious input device I can recall ever using. This mouse hover activated cell selection is an incredibly poorly thought out change. I can’t imagine anyone actually testing it and finding the fact you have to carefully husband your mouse pointer in order to avoid completely fubar-ing your input to be a good thing.

In addition the functional inability to simply click in a cell and just backspace/delete clear it and type in what you want, or even just to correct a typo, without the GUI preventing it or auto-changing data, is patently absurd.

Why inject all this unnecessary and interfering baggage into what should be nothing more than a simple set of data input cells like any other form? Click in cell-> use keyboard/mouse to enter/edit data. Period.

As I said in at least a couple other posts: get the GUI out of our way. We don’t need on-the-fly verification. Do it on submit like most other easy to use forms. We can correct errors at that point. Right now it’s taking me vastly longer to use the TP interface because I have to slow to crawl to ensure the numbers I tried to enter didn’t get changed or prevented (and this happens A LOT) for one reason or another by the little gremlins infesting the thing.

The adage, “Keep it Simple, Stupid” is truly applicable here.

edit: typo fix

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I dont like these changes. Please undo them.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kruhljak.2705

Malediktus: Dunno if you’re being sarcastic or not, but meh.

Anyway, here’s another example how this pro-active verification is a bad idea (or poorly implemented…or both):

Take an item that has a minimum bid of, say, 15c with a current high buy order price of 28c. Enter buy mode, click on the highest buy order line to ensure you’re placing a buy order and not a straight buy. Set the quantity, then tab to get to the gold field, tab again to get to the silver, then again to the copper, and try to enter 29c to overbid by 1c. What happens? The on-the-fly verification makes it impossible. As soon as you hit the “2” key it reverts the cell to “15”, the min possible. It doesn’t even allow you to enter the second number before jumping in and getting in the way. Yes, I could use the mouse wheel or up-arrow key to increment the value by 1, but as a touch typist I prefer to just use the usual number keys which is much faster for me and I’m sure a great number of players.

It’s fine to provide extra functionality that some might find more convenient, but not when it disables more standard, intuitive functionality in the process. It doesn’t matter that this scenario may not occur all the time. The fact that it does at all shows a failing in the current implementation.

I repeat my mantra on this topic Keep the GUI out of the way.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Of course there are workarounds but tabbing and typing should be at least as effective as hovering and using the scroll wheel or dragging the quantity bar or using the up/down arrows. The problem I discovered last night where it continuously validate and will alter the number you type in so it’s always greater than the minimum is a serious problem.

If you didn’t see my other post I was trying to enter a bid for an item in the teens of copper. But when I typed the 1, it got changed to the minimum value so when I typed the second number I was not longer bidding 17 copper but 57 copper which moved me to the buying from sellers side instead of entering a bid. I get it, someone was told to make sure the value would always be the minimum or higher but you do the validation at the time the player clicks buy, not on data entry, and pop up a message saying that their price was changed to the minimum if it was less, OK/Cancel.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

Another way the ‘auto-correct’ kicks in is if you don’t edit the boxes in the “right order”.

For example, if you want to sell something for 1g, 0s, 0c and the default sale price is 0g, 89s, 56c and the minimum price is 0g, 14s, 12c you can’t edit the boxes in any order other than “gold first”, because if you try any other order, it’ll reset before you finish.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kruhljak.2705

I’ve said this auto-verification should be saved until the List / Bid button is clicked, but on thinking about it, I think the best way would be to have the auto-v kick in only when you’ve exited the cell (quantity) or cell group (the three pricing cells) either by shifting to one or the other or otherwise clicking outside any cells. In other words, when I’m done entering data into either of those two areas.

This would allow for automatic post-entry correction while also keeping the GUI from arguing with me while I’m in the act of entering/modifying cell data. Don’t underestimate just how obnoxious that is from a user’s standpoint.

Oh, and revert the hover cell activation change. It was good the way it was.

Please.

Edit: Noticed they fixed the “Total Price” line so it isn’t sensitive to the new hover change (i.e. it won’t clear highlighted data or shift the cursor to the end of the data in quantity/price cells). Thanks. Now go just a little further and revert the whole change.