Listing Fee - Edit Price

Listing Fee - Edit Price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Paladine.6082

Paladine.6082

Please either cancel the listing fee entirely and charge 15% on final sale or allow us to edit our prices.

Everyone I speak to is sick to death of the 1c undercutting on TP which then leads others to undercut that by 1c and before you know if you are 20 spots down the list and the price difference is only 10-20c. But if you want to make your item cheaper you get charged the listing fee again which means given the very low margins because the economy is in freefall, you make a loss.

Either allow us to edit our price (obviously include a surcharge if we increase our price) or take the listing fee from final sale so we can avoid recurring costs simply for lowering our item prices.

The 15% tax on TP is already atrociously high, repeatedly charging listing fees is close to extortion.

Mystic Forge Attempts for Pre-Legendary
Lvl 80 Axes : Rare: 483; Exotic: 4 – Frostfang: 0
Lvl 80 Swords : Rare: 20; Exotic: 0 – Zap: 0

Listing Fee - Edit Price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hippocampus.8470

Hippocampus.8470

Do you know what the word “extortion” really means? What threat is ANet leveling against you to coerce you to pay the listing fee each time you post a listing, exactly?

If the fee were just computed along with the tax, people would use the TP as a bank far more than they already do (I was surprised that anyone did this, but some other posters verified it). If it doesn’t cost me anything to do so, I’d list this new bit of armor that dropped (but which I can’t wear for a few levels yet) for some ridiculous price, and then cancel the listing when I’m ready to wear it.

Listing Fee - Edit Price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Paladine.6082

Paladine.6082

If you read the post you would see I asked for them to -either- charge the listing fee after sale -or- allow us to edit our prices. Obviously I would prefer to be able to edit my price than have to remove/relist.

Troll much?

Mystic Forge Attempts for Pre-Legendary
Lvl 80 Axes : Rare: 483; Exotic: 4 – Frostfang: 0
Lvl 80 Swords : Rare: 20; Exotic: 0 – Zap: 0

Listing Fee - Edit Price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hippocampus.8470

Hippocampus.8470

If you read the post you would see I asked for them to -either- charge the listing fee after sale -or- allow us to edit our prices.

Yes, but the “or” is irrelevant, because I responded specifically to the idea of charging the fee only after a successful sale.

If I want to store an item, and won’t have to pay any fee unless it sells, I’ll just list it for 100g and then cancel that listing and grab the item when I get back to a city. Currently, trying to do the same thing would be an incredibly stupid way to waste 5 gold.

How is it trolling to point out the negative consequences of your suggestion?

Listing Fee - Edit Price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Snido.4827

Snido.4827

They should keep the surcharge but allow you to change the price (maybe 2 time limit), and if you remove the item then you lose the charge. With the market as large as it is the penny and dime crap is getting real old real fast especially on more expensive items. 9/10 its more profitable to just sell the item to an offer because you will get nickled and dimed until your item will never sell anyway, which sucks.

Listing Fee - Edit Price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

Wouldn’t allowing people to change prices make it even easier for people to constantly undercut the existing prices and reduce the average price?

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

Listing Fee - Edit Price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

So you want to undercut even more?
That 5% is actually stopping people from undercutting excessively
If anything it should be risen up to 10%, with a 5% sales fee.

Listing Fee - Edit Price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

I have no issue with people undercutting me 1 copper.

They undercut me, I cancel my auction and undercut them back.

Or if it is not worth canceling, I just wait until later that night when I know my item will sell due to knowing the general market value of the item and being patient.

Listing Fee - Edit Price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Haku.5068

Haku.5068

I have no issue with people undercutting me 1 copper.

They undercut me, I cancel my auction and undercut them back.

Or if it is not worth canceling, I just wait until later that night when I know my item will sell due to knowing the general market value of the item and being patient.

Spoken like a true auctioneer. He who knows what he is doing need not fear the 1c undercutters for he gets the last laugh.

Listing Fee - Edit Price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: raxx.8914

raxx.8914

That’s a terrible idea, people will just undercut rapidly and drive prices near vendor prices again.

Listing Fee - Edit Price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lackofcheese.5617

lackofcheese.5617

If that’s the case, then the true value of the item is at or near vendor price, and you should rethink trading those items.