Low tier dust, investment?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

The most recent Living Story video seems to indicate that ghosts will be released/removed from the game(see attached screenshot and watch wooden potatoes latest video) and jewelry has yet to be raised to 500 so there may be a large demand and reduced supply coming soon. Now might be the last chance to get low tier dust cheap.

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think that speculation ghosts will disappear entirely from the game is highly misplaced. They are woven so deeply into Hearts, events, ambient dialogue and multiple maps of the game that removing them entirely would require incredible amounts of work. What’s more, it would also be removing a large part of Charr “culture” for new Charr players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Dust is used by Jeweler for promoting gem stones, so I dont know why you think low tier dust will have any significant sink in ascended jeweling.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Dust is used by Jeweler for promoting gem stones, so I dont know why you think low tier dust will have any significant sink in ascended jeweling.

Unless you need to combine multiple tiers of gems in order to create an ascended gem (which we currently have no indication suggesting that to be the case), I agree with Wanze’s assessment here.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Unless you need to combine multiple tiers of gems in order to create an ascended gem (which we currently have no indication suggesting that to be the case), I agree with Wanze’s assessment here.

Well, if we need to combine multiple tiers of gems, i would invest in in multiple tiers of gems, which mostly all are at vendor value anyways. I dont see a point in investing in dust to promote shards to crystals, if i can invest into crystals. I didnt invest into crystals, though, because we also didnt need t1-5 fine mats for ascended crafting either.

I would still suggest to invest into Exquisite Jewels, which are the inscriptions/insignias for jeweling and will most definately be used to level from 400-500.
Chrysocola has been available way under crafting value for the longest time at around 30s in the last months. As you need 1 ecto, 2 ori ingots and 1 orb per exquisite jewel, i guess its save to that the crafting value wont fall under 60s anytime soon.
Since last week alot Exquisite Chrysocola, Sapphire and Beryl Jewels got dumped on the TP again so their prices went down 33-50%.
I guess there are alot of dungeon botters active again, who salvage those jewels off dungeon specific rare trinkets.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I have a feeling we will be getting a feature patch very shortly…maybe in late August of early September.

The market will be very volatile and fun to watch.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I have a feeling we will be getting a feature patch very shortly…maybe in late August of early September.

The market will be very volatile and fun to watch.

I agree. I think one of the reasons we havent seen precursor crafting or asc jeweler/cook yet is because they cant unbalance the economy too often. So it makes sense to bulk up changes to the economy. Last September we had asc weaponsmithing and essences of luck, in December asc armor. In March we had the wardrobe and dyes, which changed alot of markets. Considering that the summer time is usually a low season in terms of playing hours and i also guess alot of Anet Employees enjoy their vacations in the summer, they didnt introduce much around June (except the mat sink of the supply boxes).
But my guess is that the LS season 2 will be used to prepare the economy towards a mayor change in early September, just like last year.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Maybe it’s time to double all my buys

my gold is sitting there doing nothing but slowly depreciating.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

The most recent Living Story video seems to indicate that ghosts will be released/removed from the game(see attached screenshot and watch wooden potatoes latest video) and jewelry has yet to be raised to 500 so there may be a large demand and reduced supply coming soon. Now might be the last chance to get low tier dust cheap.

Rytlock will probably fail to end the curse. That’s the twist. We all expect him to succeed and be deemed the rightful King of Ascalon, because that’d make sense, but Anet doesn’t always follow the most obvious and logical path in it’s Living Story content.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

Actually, thanks for the reminder that I should stock up a little on Exquisite jewels, Wanze. (As per my style, it’s for my personal use, not for resale, but I did some calculations a while back and figured it was WAY cheaper to simply buy the jewels rather than craft them myself.)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Actually, thanks for the reminder that I should stock up a little on Exquisite jewels, Wanze. (As per my style, it’s for my personal use, not for resale, but I did some calculations a while back and figured it was WAY cheaper to simply buy the jewels rather than craft them myself.)

If they introduce jeweling the same way as armor/weaponsmithing, we could expect to be able to salvage new exquisite jewels from trinkets with dire/shaman/soldier etc. stats.
I was thinking of buying up alot of those trinkets but as they dont stack, it would only make sense right before the update goes live and you can keep them in your pick up tab.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

Hmm, I hadn’t even considered that. I was thinking more of the current Exquisite/Brilliant Jewels since those do stack, and I have plenty of space now on my mule now that I’m halfway through refining all those Ascended mats I’ve stockpiled.

Do you think ANet will release all stat spreads for trinkets then? I’m thinking they might still restrict it to the current craftable range, if only to avoid possibly giving players trinket overload when they buy them for Fractal Relics/Laurels etc.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

dont overspend your gold for the “Jeweller” Patch

when this patch brings only trinkets, to just bring jewller to 500 like all other, than you will not make big profit cause most people have complete sets allraedy and this on all twinks.

and just for lvling jeweller to 500 everoyne has everything in his bank allraedy

jeweller patch you will only make “good” money when they bring something other than trinkets only

like infusions
somethings like orb + other material to craft +1 power infusion and add up same like the agony infusions

2x+1 to 1x+2

when they not bring something like this than jeweller patch will make alot people lose money^^ – its gossamer patch than all over again – tooo obvious even for the casuals and everyone invested in the same things

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

Ah, you misunderstand. I’m not a speculator or trader. Anything I buy is purely for my own use. I’ve been waiting on r500 Jeweler to go live before crafting any T6 trinkets, and my post was simply to reflect the fact that since T5/6 Jewels are quite cheap at the moment (cheaper than crafting it myself), it would make sense for me to stock up on those now to use for my future crafting when the release hits, when all jewels are likely to shoot up in price (if only temporarily).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

There are two ascended materials called Crystalline Ore and Crystalline Ingot. If you think these are going to be a dust version of, say, mithrilium and deldrimor steel ingot then stock up on t2-5 dust. Otherwise I can’t see prices going up too much because the need to promote other materials didn’t push up dust prices so I can’t see it having an effect for promoting gemstones.