Lowest listings missing

Lowest listings missing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

I’ve started noticing that the data sheet that pops up when you try to sell an item sometimes claims you have no items of that type up for sale, i.e. the “Add to my lowest listing” checkbox/text block is greyed out even though I can see instances of that item in my Item Transactions->Items I’m Selling list.

Is this normal, or a bug? It seems to only affect items that are beyond the top 11 items in the listing when you try to “Buy item from trading post”. One of my items keeps showing up and then not showing up, as if it’s crossing some invisible numerical or positional boundary in the list as items of that type are bought/sold.

I’m going to guess this is an artifact of the update that caused some lists to not show beyond 90 days. But since the claim that “You have not listed this item for sale.” that is part of the greyed out text is not just erroneous but misleading (ok, a flat out lie), it seems to me this problem should be corrected whether it be bug or just sloppy/half-baked code work.

Which brings me to another question: what happens to items that have been on sale for > 90 days? Do they stop showing up in your Items I’m Selling list? If so, how do you continue to manage them, even if only to remove them?

Lowest listings missing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I’ve started noticing that the data sheet that pops up when you try to sell an item sometimes claims you have no items of that type up for sale, i.e. the “Add to my lowest listing” checkbox/text block is greyed out even though I can see instances of that item in my Item Transactions->Items I’m Selling list.

Is this normal, or a bug? It seems to only affect items that are beyond the top 11 items in the listing when you try to “Buy item from trading post”. One of my items keeps showing up and then not showing up, as if it’s crossing some invisible numerical or positional boundary in the list as items of that type are bought/sold.

I’m going to guess this is an artifact of the update that caused some lists to not show beyond 90 days. But since the claim that “You have not listed this item for sale.” that is part of the greyed out text is not just erroneous but misleading (ok, a flat out lie), it seems to me this problem should be corrected whether it be bug or just sloppy/half-baked code work.

Which brings me to another question: what happens to items that have been on sale for > 90 days? Do they stop showing up in your Items I’m Selling list? If so, how do you continue to manage them, even if only to remove them?

This is a bug that I also experience and not only since the update but before. I dont know about you but I am a big trader, i currently have4 more than 700 listings.

I always thought it has something to do with the amount of sell listings I have posted.
For example, the system only shows your own lowest listing price, if the listing is one of your 50 or 100 latest ones.

Thatbeing said, it might be better to post this in the bug forums or in the sticky on top of this forum (issues with the tp).
If you want to do that, just report your own OP (little flag on the botton right of the post) and post the link of the thread you want yours to be merged with or name the subforum, you want this moved.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Lowest listings missing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Not to rez an old thread, but just wanted to say thanks for your input. I eventually did post this topic in the bugs thread with some confirmation testing added. Yes, it appears the info only looks 100 entries deep. I’d eyeroll on that but my eyes are tiring more and more quickly these days.